Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hughton Not to Become Next City Manager?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:50 am

I do have a worrying feeling that the reason why the announcement of the new manager will be next week is because our first choice Chris Hughton could be on his way to Fulham as Martin Jol's Assistant. They both worked together at Spurs and they worked very well together and they both respect each other very much. I have a sneaky feeling that City decided to appoint Hughton, but he refused in the past 24 hours and instead of taking the job he is on his way to Fulham instead and the board are now going through the other candidates again to decide who they want now, and this is why the managerial appointment will be made next week. Personally, I think this may happen.

Does anybody think the same, or am I reading to much in to this??? I probably am but I just want everything sorted out and for either Martin O'Neil or Chris Hughton to be appointed City manager so that we can sell Chopra and start signing players. I wish we could get all of our transfer signings sorted before pre-season training starts at the end of June or before the second week in July, so that the new players can settle down, get a full pre-season under their belt and get used to their new surroundings, much earlier. For the past god knows how many seasons we have been rushing around and scraping the barrels for players right at the end of July or at the beginning of August, and because we have waited for so long to move in the transfer market, we inevitabely lose out on our 1st or 2nd targets and have to settle for either our 3rd or 4th transfer targets. God, I hope all that pap changes when we finally bloody appoint our new gaffer.

Bloooooooooooooooooooobirds
:ayatollah:

Re: Hughton Not to Become Next City Manager?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:01 am

No chance at all, it will be a step backwards to become an assistant at a little club like Fulham.

His next job will be a Manager, probably here as long as we pick him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 am

I can't see why anyone would turn down being a manager to be a number 2

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 am

Bluebina wrote:No chance at all, it will be a step backwards to become an assistant at a little club like Fulham.

His next job will be a Manager, probably here as long as we pick him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Litte club like Fulham??? Dear, dear. If I was a manager, managing a club like Fulham would be great. The expectations aren't that high compared to other Premiership jobs and you ususally get a decent budget to work with. I could see why Hughton would want to become Jol's assistant. Working under Ashley as a manager probably left him with a sour taste in his mouth and he probably wouldn't want to work as a manager again if chances like this come up