Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we sell chopra for 1 million...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:51 am

I will be be FUC*ING pissed...

everyones slagging chopra off and saying how bad he was this season , cos he only scored the same amount as bellamy :? ? the lads goin through a tough time ... he's only human. on the other hand people talking about giving leanne jeanne another chance. :?
at times this season when we were f*cking shite and bellamy was rested, apart from the first half of the season when bothroyd was working for his money.
we relied heavily on chopra to give us something up front, and he did that, he still showed signs of skill and pace , admittedly he has some work to do pre season,
he's had a rough year maybe all he needs is amonth out to sort his life and he'l come back a new man. AND were not even gonna give him the chance ,
were gonna sell him to ipswich and he's going to score 20+ goals and they are gonna finish in the play offs
you heard it first... dont be surprised when it happens.

Re: If we sell chopra for 1 million...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:02 am

Tough time ? Rough year ? Can I have some of that then with his 20k a week :roll:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 am

I don't want him to be sold we won't get another striker for 1mil who will score as many as he has this season. Even being out of shape and having a few troubles he's scored goals. A new manager can hopefully get him bak on track and get his boot on fire again :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:18 am

dorsetblue wrote:Tough time ? Rough year ? Can I have some of that then with his 20k a week :roll:

:lol:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 am

This is the problem with taking so long appointing a manager. OK, so the board, or whoever is in charge at the moment, could say no to Ipswich until a new boss is in place. Or, on the other hand, the people in charge at the moment (the Malaysians?) could decide that they would like a chuink of their investment returned and deciode to sell him. If we had a manager in place, he would be saying that he wants to keep Chopra as an important part of the team

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 am

Id say to Ipswich you offered £4m 9 months ago - you want him now ? £3m or f**k off! ;)

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:23 am

Cant decide until manager in place - if Chops goes we have had it , Boothroyd plus another 5 loanees gone - it will reallybe re-build time - but thats what the fans wanted thats what they get :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 am

It has been stated that we won;t get a striker for 1 million to replace him but we can have Nathan Tyson and Earnie for nothing if we get in there quickly!

I agree that 1 million is not enough but I think it's time for him to go.

As great as he has been, he carries too much baggage.

And the whole Leon Jeanne thing is never, ever gonna happen so we shouldn't compare the two scenarios. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:45 am

It has been stated that we won;t get a striker for 1 million to replace him but we can have Nathan Tyson and Earnie for nothing if we get in there quickly!

I agree that 1 million is not enough but I think it's time for him to go.

As great as he has been, he carries too much baggage.

And the whole Leon Jeanne thing is never, ever gonna happen so we shouldn't compare the two scenarios. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 am

I think we need to give Chops the pre season to see what shape he returns in. If our new manager is keen on fitness which most modern managers are, then if he can get Chops fit and trim again then he definitely deserves an opportunity to play.

The thought of him leaving is horrible at the moment as it would leave Jon Parkin as our only striker and if people are going to slag off Chopra for being fat and unfit then they need to take a look at this guy. I’m actually amazed that Parkin hasn’t looked at himself in the mirror and thought ‘do you know what I’m a professional footballer, look at the state of me’.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 am

If Chopra stayed it wouldn't be the end of the world but fans are fuming at the lack of respect he showed the club. I would say £1.5m - £2m to sell, otherwise reject. Chopra needs a serious attitude adjustment and needs to take responsibility for his actions.

People wouldn't mind Leon Jeanne coming back because he's turned things around. Not just over the course of a month or two but over the last few years. I remember when he was hitting dozens of goals in the 4 Walls 4 Sale Sunday League a few years ago and people were saying then that he was on the come back trail.

Chopra is on £20k a week and even though he only scored the same amount as Bellamy, Bellamy was more consistent and offered more all over the pitch, not to mention was played out wide for 3/4 of the season. Chopra got his ten goals in his usual dash of 6 games and then vanished for the season. We need more consistency. As I said when Bothroyd and Burke left, I wasn't sad to see either go because they summed up what we needed to change at the club. Despite being proper class on their day they were too lightweight and too inconsistent far too often.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:I will be be FUC*ING pissed...

everyones slagging chopra off and saying how bad he was this season , cos he only scored the same amount as bellamy :? ? the lads goin through a tough time ... he's only human. on the other hand people talking about giving leanne jeanne another chance. :?
at times this season when we were f*cking shite and bellamy was rested, apart from the first half of the season when bothroyd was working for his money.
we relied heavily on chopra to give us something up front, and he did that, he still showed signs of skill and pace , admittedly he has some work to do pre season,
he's had a rough year maybe all he needs is amonth out to sort his life and he'l come back a new man. AND were not even gonna give him the chance ,
were gonna sell him to ipswich and he's going to score 20+ goals and they are gonna finish in the play offs

i want him to stay. for all his sins the guy can come good under a new manager and when he scores he actually looks like he loves the club unlike bothroyd

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:00 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:I will be be FUC*ING pissed...

Get shot of the jumped up shit, the man is selfish and cares not one bit for us the fans or the club. I for one will be glad to see the back of him and get the wage structure back to normality.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:21 am

1m a good deal for him i reckon especially if Bellamy returns, I would sell for that. Plenty of young replacements available thats the job of a new manager to find them. Young striker despearte to play when Bellamy rested would be idea.