Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Westwood off to Sunderland

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:21 am

Goal keeper keiron Westwood will join Sunderland on July 1st on free transfer ....

Bagged themselves a great keeper.

Re: Westwood off to Sunderland

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:25 am

Merlin wrote:Goal keeper keiron Westwood will join Sunderland on July 1st on free transfer ....

good player just to keep the bench warm tho I think ? Craig Gordon should be the number 1 up there .

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 am

Bad move for him I fear. He needs definite game time. I'm worried bulbous nose will use him as a sub.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:27 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Goal keeper keiron Westwood will join Sunderland on July 1st on free transfer ....

good player just to keep the bench warm tho I think ? Craig Gordon should be the number 1 up there .

Think they're getting shot of gordon, Is too injury prone and has missed way too many games...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 am

True, true.

Shame about Gordon

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 am

I think Westwood is the best keeper in the championship along with Roach.

Would have been nice to see him at CCS :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:55 am

I was confused by Cov's team last season. They had a keeper called Westwood and a striker called Eastwood :?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:11 am

think we really need to get a manager sorted now asap,

lots of good players getting snapped up.

westwood - sunderland

tyson - derby

larsson - sunderland , not that i expected we had a chance....

kevin nolan - in talks with west ham again not that i expected we had a chance there but as with bellamy last yr you never know.

point is, while we have no manager , there are unsettled players, free agents etc... that we are missing out on...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:think we really need to get a manager sorted now asap,

lots of good players getting snapped up.

westwood - sunderland

tyson - derby

larsson - sunderland , not that i expected we had a chance....

kevin nolan - in talks with west ham again not that i expected we had a chance there but as with bellamy last yr you never know.

point is, while we have no manager , there are unsettled players, free agents etc... that we are missing out on...

Westwood I’ll give you that we have potentially missed out on though there’s no doubt he wanted premier league football.

Nathan Tyson is s***, no other word for him, check his goal record out for Forest. He’s awful and I’m glad we haven’t even looked at him.

As for Nolan and Larsson, you’re living in a dream world if you think we could sign even one of those.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:51 am

was just using them as examples as to highlight that players who are free agents etc... are getting snapped up and dont want us to be like last yr and late to the market and left with what is not wanted or loans...