Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what funds will be available

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:09 am

What do you realistically think we will have available to use in the transfer market?

will we be able to spend 1-2 mil, or will we rely on bosmans and loans?

will we have to sell to finance other deals , if so who would you sell?

Is the new manager crucial in what contacts he has? ie hughton , former players at newcastle etc... or with whom he has a good relationship with....

Re: what funds will be available

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:47 am

Suggest we use the loan market again , a manager should be able to get the players performing at their best but the critical element is discipline - sort that out and the team should perform - problem with loans is that clubs wont release until August so hard to team build for start of season

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 am

NIBluebird wrote:Suggest we use the loan market again , a manager should be able to get the players performing at their best but the critical element is discipline - sort that out and the team should perform - problem with loans is that clubs wont release until August so hard to team build for start of season

Disagree - We will then end up with a team full of loans (all of which don't care one way or another whether or not we go up), because at the end of the season they all know where they will end up - rotting on the fringes of the sides who wouldnt have them last year.

We need to get cheap players in from lower leagues and build a strong SQUAD not a TEAM (and I use the phrase loosely here) full of loan players. :ayatollah:

In answer to the original question, I think the money we save this year on loan wages compared to last year will be allocated into the budget. I think 9 Million plus 2/3 loans will be a strong SQUAD.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 am

NIBluebird wrote:Suggest we use the loan market again , a manager should be able to get the players performing at their best but the critical element is discipline - sort that out and the team should perform - problem with loans is that clubs wont release until August so hard to team build for start of season

That wont happen again as i think the new manager will have funds to build a squad that will be capable of not only taking us up but with a few other signings be capable of surving in the premiership.
having said that i think if we had bit the bullet and sacked jones in december when we should of i think either a new manager or a bellamy combined with burton partnership would have got the same players promoted despite most of them being loans.
When you look back at the january window where the malaysians gave their backing to jones the truth is he just wasted their money and seemed to bring in players who were just not up to scratch.
Parkin, jls and bywater

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:16 pm

steve davies wrote:

That wont happen again as i think the new manager will have funds to build a squad that will be capable of not only taking us up but with a few other signings be capable of surving in the premiership.
having said that i think if we had bit the bullet and sacked jones in december when we should of i think either a new manager or a bellamy combined with burton partnership would have got the same players promoted despite most of them being loans.
When you look back at the january window where the malaysians gave their backing to jones the truth is he just wasted their money and seemed to bring in players who were just not up to scratch.
Parkin, jls and bywater

I agree with you Steve and I am hearing exactly the Same :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:23 pm

We definitely dont want a team of loanies like last season, just maybe one or two as they dont give two fooks about the club or the shirt they wear, as long as they get their reddys at the end of the month. We want players here who want to play for this Club and wear the shirt with pride.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Parkin was good cover should we have needed him, serious Jay injury for example. But when we needed a good CM he gambled on keeping Ramsey when it is an area that should have been nailed down (with better quality than Oli) in August.