Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OH LORD DAVID JONES

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 pm

I'd just like to take this opportunity to publicly apologise to Dave Jones for calling for his head after the Barnsley away game this season (if you were there you'll understand why we did it though!!)

Dave is undeniably the very best manager this club has ever had, despite everything that's been thrown at him he's managed to drag this club to 4th place in the second tier of English football and that, to me, is magic.

The man has worked miracles at this club, and yes, he has many shortcomings, which often tend to combine in one match (*Cough*SwanseaAway*cough*), but they cannot possibly outstrip the fact that we're in 4th and are flying in the cup (Let's be honest, our team does not deserve to be where they are at the moment, yet they're there). We've broken so many "away hoodoos" in the last two years or so it's fantastic. I'm going to mention Wembley, because, let's be honest, we did well to get past Wolves and Boro, both of whom were better sides than us at the time. The man we faced in the final, Harry Redknapp is a better manager than Jones, hence why his team are 4th/5th in the top tier.

So, Dave, I'm sorry. Right now this club needs you more than ever. We will sing your name louder than ever during the game on Saturday. :ayatollah: