Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Selling chopra would be a awfull decision! ?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Despite his of the pitch behaviour, i honestly believe he is still the best finisher and goal poacher in this league.

He does drift in and out of form but when he is in form, he is unstopable, some people have a short memory he has bagged himself a fair few hat-tricks (including 4 goals against Derby) while he has been at cardiff. One of the only players who genuinly showed any passion and work-rate in the play-off final + scoring. And genuinly broke down into tears after the defeat

he was being hailed as a cardiff legend by many after his 2 goals to beat swansea from a goal down.

imo- he still has loads to offer cardiff city, and under a new manager it gives him a opportunity to prove himself again.

Re: Selling chopra would be a awfull decision! ?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:31 pm

no, hes an obese alco.

/end thread.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:33 pm

sorry disagree mate :cry:

if he stays he stays if he goes he goes.

there is a very easy lifestyle at cardiff city, £25,000 a week, the guy has a drink and gambling problem, more than likely beyond repair.

if whoever comes in can change him, i will be amazed, because pervious manager couldnt and neither can professionals who are trained to deal with these issues!!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 pm

carpet20 wrote:Despite his of the pitch behaviour, i honestly believe he is still the best finisher and goal poacher in this league.

He does drift in and out of form but when he is in form, he is unstopable, some people have a short memory he has bagged himself a fair few hat-tricks (including 4 goals against Derby) while he has been at cardiff. One of the only players who genuinly showed any passion and work-rate in the play-off final + scoring. And genuinly broke down into tears after the defeat

he was being hailed as a cardiff legend by many after his 2 goals to beat swansea from a goal down.

imo- he still has loads to offer cardiff city, and under a new manager it gives him a opportunity to prove himself again.

all his achievements were prior to last season when he looked like a beached whale! Last season his touch was like a pub players and he couldnt finish a one on one to save his life, if he was even getting into scoring positions! Ill be well pleased if we offload him!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

IMO he is beyond repair, Cash in whilst we can :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 pm

milly44 wrote:sorry disagree mate :cry:

if he stays he stays if he goes he goes.

there is a very easy lifestyle at cardiff city, £25,000 a week, the guy has a drink and gambling problem, more than likely beyond repair.

if whoever comes in can change him, i will be amazed, because pervious manager couldnt and neither can professionals who are trained to deal with these issues!!

That's because he's only had 1 manager at City Milly, DJ, who did get him into his form, but lost the dressing room. Roy Keane could be another example but he hasn't done much since Sunderland has he? Anyway Chops widely credits Keane for helping him sort out his issues. he's had 2 poor managers so if we get the right one, especially Hughton who's had experience at his hometown of Newcastle, Chops will return to his best, he won't fade away, never has.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 pm

def we should cash in....

25k off th e wage bill and 1 mil in the bank...

what if we dont sell him, he plays abit part season happy on his 25k then leaves us for nothing at the end of season... or we sell him for 300k in jan to ipswich etc....

get rid now...

replace him ....

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:def we should cash in....

25k off th e wage bill and 1 mil in the bank...

what if we dont sell him, he plays abit part season happy on his 25k then leaves us for nothing at the end of season... or we sell him for 300k in jan to ipswich etc....

get rid now...

replace him ....

Or we keep him,score goals under a top managerm get promoted, offer him a new contract which he'd obviously sign if we got promoted.

Works both ways.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

can you honestly see his attitude changing to booze and gambling... he has a cushy lifestyle here...

we said same with jay, keep him til season end we get promoted , he signs new contract... where is he now?

i really would like to see a hot chopra banging goals in like before, but i cant see him being able to get back to that level...

why take a gamble on him for a season, with a sensible offer on the table and 25k off the wages we could get possibly 2 decent players for that..

id rather take a punt for 1 season on earnie for example.. i reckon he would score more than 11 goals for us..

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:18 pm

We could definately sell him, as I said it works both ways, if he stays we really shouldn't be writing him off though that's all I'm saying

Chops used to gamble and drink far worse while at Sunderland if I remember correctly, costing him his marriage, he came back and the start of last season was banging them in for fun, he can do it again I'm sure, playing right wing, and the manager not putting his full confidence in him dosen't help.

In regards to Jay, it is a very similar situation, as with Ledley, but you can only blame the manager, he did it 3, maybe 4 times. Ledley, 6m bid rejected, now I think what the hell were we thinking, ROSS MCCoormack, 6m bid rejected, you can only blame the manager, fresh start, fresh start for Chops.

I'd love Earnie back too, but in regards with 11 goals, I'm not sure if he's capable of that any more, he started msot games for Forest last year but mainly because Blackstock was injured probably e.e coming on as a sub against Swansea Play-off Semi, and he only scored 9 this season, compared to Chopra's 11, remember Chopra also had off the field problems, injuries and consider the factors of playing out of position at times, and the manager, Chops is still a top quality player at this level.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:23 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:We could definately sell him, as I said it works both ways, if he stays we really shouldn't be writing him off though that's all I'm saying

Chops used to gamble and drink far worse while at Sunderland if I remember correctly, costing him his marriage, he came back and the start of last season was banging them in for fun, he can do it again I'm sure, playing right wing, and the manager not putting his full confidence in him dosen't help.

In regards to Jay, it is a very similar situation, as with Ledley, but you can only blame the manager, he did it 3, maybe 4 times. Ledley, 6m bid rejected, now I think what the hell were we thinking, ROSS MCCoormack, 6m bid rejected, you can only blame the manager, fresh start, fresh start for Chops.

I'd love Earnie back too, but in regards with 11 goals, I'm not sure if he's capable of that any more, he started msot games for Forest last year but mainly because Blackstock was injured probably e.e coming on as a sub against Swansea Play-off Semi, and he only scored 9 this season, compared to Chopra's 11, remember Chopra also had off the field problems, injuries and consider the factors of playing out of position at times, and the manager, Chops is still a top quality player at this level.

you make a good case for chops!

best we can hope for is to see who the new manager is and whether chops fits into his plans, if he does , works hard pre season to get into shape then who knows! maybe the new manager can sort him out...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Exactly, and gotta love Chops, such good memories :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:31 pm

will never forget the hot boot celebration.....

then the b*stard didnt score for ages!!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:45 pm

I think we will sell him and i think it's a good decision. He may still score some goals for Ipswich but don't think he will for us time to move on and 1m a good deal, if we can get 1.5m that would be superb. Remember the transfer market is flat. We are replacing him with Bellamy and hopefully new manager can find a young striker full of potential.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:47 pm

carpet20 wrote:Despite his of the pitch behaviour, i honestly believe he is still the best finisher and goal poacher in this league.

you forgot the word WAS,just my opinion,he is finished at city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 pm

chops could of been prem star if he wanted to but he got to much in to booze women and gambling . there was alot of that in are team last year. get him out lets have fresh PRO players in there.

my opinion tho.