Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE ADVANTAGE OF EMPLOYING A MANAGER OUT OF WORK

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:33 pm

for example - Hughton or Di Matteo

Which after careful consideration I think I would prefer than Malky McKay.

You could probably bet your bottom dollar that either of the above names are already in contact with whoever it is they get in contact with in regards to assembling a few players to come down here. Both Hughton and Di Matteo have good contacts in football at various clubs, have worked with many players (including youth and reserve) and may be telling these lads, "Look, if i get the Cardiff job I'd like you to come and have a look with me and possibly play in my team for the season! It's not 100% nailed on yet - but hold back on signing for other clubs etc etc for the next week, and we'll see what happens?"

These guys will be one step ahead of managers that are still in work who are unable to approach players yet for obvious reasons.

So for this reason my number one choice is Hughton, and then Di Matteo. (Well obviously if we can't get Martin O'neill of course!) :lol:

Anyway, I hope there's a decision soon either way.... :ayatollah:

Re: THE ADVANTAGE OF EMPLOYING A MANAGER OUT OF WORK

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Hughton signed Routledge at Newcastle didn't he, would love him back, hopefuly they're on good terms!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:39 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:Hughton signed Routledge at Newcastle didn't he, would love him back, hopefuly they're on good terms!!!! :ayatollah:

Heard Allardyce is after routledge too....

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Damn, London location too, wouldn't need to move!

Then again Sam Allardyce's traditional hoofball, would be shocked if a player of Routlede's skill would go there! ;) :lol: