Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Appeal to the Fans

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm

I wish to appeal to the fans as a fellow supporter for calm over the coming weeks. I understand your frustration and anger but there is a real danger emotions will get out of hand and damage our reputation as a club during a period we are actively seeking new investment. The eyes are on us a a club and we have to show we are worth taking a chance with. You were worth the 3rd and 4th goals against Leicester and thats the passion new owners or investor will look for. I urge you get behind the team, the manager and the club and show your passion in a positive way. I still cant believe our next 2 games after Saturday are Newcastle and Chelsea games I thought were beyond my dreams. There is still hope and I urge you to keep the faith.

The board are working hard to resolve the tax issue with the revenue. If we didnt think we had a chance to resolve it we would be duty bound to call in the administrators and I am confident we will find a way through.

Copy right http://www.annisabraham.co.uk

Re: Appeal to the Fans

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Steve,

Thanks for your time tonight.

Can you tell us what gives you hope and what will be done to ensure the immediate future of the club and bills such as HMRC?

The fans are 100% behind DJ and the players.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

steve count on me

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 pm

i cant trust you or any of the board, we feel cheated and we will not take any more lies

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Pay the tax bill then we have some patience until then im sorry but i for 1 have lost faith in the board and the constant deliverence of lie upon lie.

Can you give us a date that you the board intend to pay HMRC?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Where is the money coming from to pay the tax bill Steve ?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Steve
All we want is the truth we are fed up with being lied to will the bills be paid and the tax by the 10th cheers :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Anybody looking at investing will be turned off by the fans protesting and not by Ridsdale's constant, no lies isn't the right word, just his novel interpretations of the truth?

Anyone investing won't be turned off by Ridsdale's response to the press as to the tax bill being paid by Feb 10th?

We, the fans, have ALWAYS supported the players 100%. Except Dai Penney, he was a Jack and incredibly shit.
We don't support Ridsdale one iota, the time has come to learn a lesson from our neighbours. They removed Petty. We need to take the club back.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm

thanks for the post steve..
but my opinion is we have been asked to keep the faith or keep calm so many times over the years whilst corrupt people milk our club dry and make the club and its fans a laughing stock..
how much longer do the club expect us to keep calm and keep the faith and so on?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Steve, we intend on getting behind the manager and the team, that's our priority first and foremost on Saturday, like it always has been.

Our gripe is with Mr Ridsdale and the rest of the board.
I'm sorry Steve, but we can't trust the board at this moment.

steve no more lies or half truths please...... what is going on? are hmrc going to be paid? are the malasyians really interested? how much longer is this farce going to continue for?

Hes gone

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:25 pm

I'll support the team and manager.

But support the board, and Ridsdale the liar?

No chance.

Thanks for posting, but "being calm" will just give Ridsdale more room to LIE and SCAM fans some more.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:27 pm

steve are you there???? :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:27 pm

If you get rid of Ridsdale then you will get the calm you want.We're all angry, I think we're perfectly justified in venting our anger.In a non violent way of course.
Steve, I've always respected you, but your backing of Ridsdale leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. Please explain why Ridsdale has your backing and has the tax bill been paid yet, if not when will it be paid?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 pm

steve borley wrote:I wish to appeal to the fans as a fellow supporter for calm over the coming weeks. I understand your frustration and anger but there is a real danger emotions will get out of hand and damage our reputation as a club during a period we are actively seeking new investment. The eyes are on us a a club and we have to show we are worth taking a chance with. You were worth the 3rd and 4th goals against Leicester and thats the passion new owners or investor will look for. I urge you get behind the team, the manager and the club and show your passion in a positive way. I still cant believe our next 2 games after Saturday are Newcastle and Chelsea games I thought were beyond my dreams. There is still hope and I urge you to keep the faith.

HOW CAN THE FANS BACK THE TEAM AND GIVE FULL NON RASCIST VOCAL WHEN CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE CLUB
ARE TREATING THERE POSITIONS AS LITTLE HITLERS AND THREATING TO BAN FANS FOR SINGING ADDMITINGLY
THEY CERTAIN AREAS ARE STANDING

BUT CLUBS ALL OVER BRITAIN ARE STANDING AND ENJOYING THEY SATURDAY AFTERNOONS OR MID WEEK GAMES WITHOUT
BEING BULLIED

THE MESS THE CLUB IS IN IS ONLY DUE TO YOURSELF CHAIRMAN AND OTHER SHAREHOLDERS FOR BAD MANAGEMENT
WE THE FANS HAVE ALWAYS BACKED OUR CLUB RAIN OR SHINE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO

I DO RESPECT YOU FOR MAKING THE EFFORT TO TAKE TIME ON THIS SITE BUT WE NEED THE TRUTH AND MORE THAN ANYTHING NEED THE FREEDOM THAT AS BEEN LEFT OVER THE OLD LADY SO THAT CCS BECOMES A FORTRESS ONCE AGAIN

I WISH YOU A GOOD EVENING STEVE ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:29 pm

If you think that statement is going to stop the fans on Saturday you've got another thing coming Steve. Sorry, I appreciate what you've done for the club in the past and stuff, but we need answers.

Unfortunately the Prat in charge has made things ten times worse, with his attitude and bullshit in the press conference today!!!

What do you expect us to do just take it on the chin, say ok fair enough, and just get on with it.

We have taken enough spin and lies and it stops now, i understand the need for investment and its importance, but lets be realistic here, how can the board expect the fans to just accept what has happened with an apology.

Its an insult i feel, we were blatantly fed the wrong information, and Ridsdale has told us on numerous occasions that bills wages etc etc are being paid on time and our finances are in control.

I respect you for coming on here Steve but be honest, put yourself in a fans situation for a moment and try and understand how hurt we all feel. :cry:

Steve

Thanks for the update - very much appreciated.

However.

Just a few questions, if I may:

Will we survive beyond 10th February 2010 or are we facing winding up? Is the money in place to pay HMRC?

Will the assets that we are selling include our players in this transfer window?

The promise to refund the season ticket costs, made to the fans, supposing we survive is described s Mr Ridsdale as being "strong" based on recent events, can we in reality write this money off even if we do get promoted.

What happens if we do survive this season, as we appear to have "mortgaged" all of next years money on surviving this season?

Why was everyone so naieve s prominent businessmen, to assume that investment was coming in, December / january - surely you appreciate that untill all is signed and sealed, it is worthless. We all live like that - why don't the club?

Thanks in anticipation mr Borley

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Bluebird4eva wrote:If you get rid of Ridsdale then you will get the calm you want.We're all angry, I think we're perfectly justified in venting our anger.In a non violent way of course.
Steve, I've always respected you, but your backing of Ridsdale leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. Please explain why Ridsdale has your backing and has the tax bill been paid yet, if not when will it be paid?

speak for yourself i want to kick f**k outta him

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 pm

hi steve
i think the reputation of our club as been damaged by the board already by lying to possible investors about the tax issue
and other debts and by the way the board treats the backbone of any club the fans
we were promised a few times that the tax would be paid still not
we would be signing new players with season ticket money no new players
if any investors seen the way this club is being run at the moment they would not come withing a mile of us an the board as a whole as to take the blame

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Steve if you truly are a fellow supporter then why have you personally not called for an EGM yourself and put down a motion to call for Ridsdales sacking or resignation. The fact that the supporters trust are having to ask for an EGM suggests you do not support it - or do you? I am sorry, in my view Mr Ridsdale is not a fit and proper person in my eyes to be Chairman of our great club. Do you think he is Steve??? Until you come out publicly and unequiviocaly call for his resignation then you and the rest of the board and major shareholders are tarnished with the same brush. Do the right thing, please!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 pm

yeah well tara steve thanks for answering us all

tw*t like

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Gary wrote:
Bluebird4eva wrote:If you get rid of Ridsdale then you will get the calm you want.We're all angry, I think we're perfectly justified in venting our anger.In a non violent way of course.

speak for yourself i want to kick f**k outta him
:lol: :lol: :lol: i found that funny as f**k :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:39 pm

Steve your silence is deafening

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Still no answers - not good enough.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:42 pm

The fans have voted Steve...And its a vote of no confidence.. :cry: :evil:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 pm

All we want is the truth! Will the tax bill be paid or not? Sooner Liesdale goes, the better!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Mr Borley,

One Question

Will the Tax Bill be paid by the deadline?

1) Yes

2) No

3) You genuinely don't know.

I think you owe it to the people who have put their faith in you to answer this one question.

If it is 2 or 3) so be it. Just a little honesty, that's all most fans expect, they have put their faith in you.

The worse case senario would be if we went to February 10th, not knowing one way or another whether the bill would be paid.

If it is bad news, the sooner it breaks the better.

You are asking us for something so please reciprocate by answering this question.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:47 pm

When will the tax bill be paid, if at all?