Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Appeal to the Fans

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 pm

joninian1927 wrote:Hang on lads, Steve Borley is blue all the way and is the only person on the the board that i trust. He is appealing for calm and has loads on his plate. People slating him on here will really upset him when he does so much for the club.we really need to get behind him and help the board get this club out of trouble. No doubt the club has ballsed right up, we all know that but what we dont know are all the details only snippets. Lets all get behind steve borley et al and pull together in the same direction. We are still 4th, still have all that potential, still have a fantastic academy, shiny new ground and excellent youth academy. The club will go on and I for one will do anything i can to stop the club going into administration.

I agree, yes. He *is* blue all the way.

But the fans have been screwed over, and it seems like Borley is saying "Huh? Oh, don't worry about it lol!" which I don't think is fair.

I think that Borley should give us REAL information, or just not say anything at all (with respect), since saying *something* about *nothing* is even worse.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 pm

WE WILL NOT BE SCILENCED ANYMORE!!! WE'VE HAD A GUTSFUL, SHITS GONNA HIT THE FAN

WE WANT OUT CLUB BACK

Well that was clever Steve

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 pm

All you have seemed to have done is put a divide between the fans, in my opinion it has made things 10 times worse. All we are asking for is for some reassurance's, all Im reading into this is you and the rest of the board aint got a clue to our future and at this moment in time your all as bad as PR.

Its simple Steve, treat us with respect and it will be returned ten fold.

I thank you for your 2 minutes of time.

Richard

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:54 pm

It's clear that pr is calling the shots.

From the messages of borleys stormed pr's office this morning to him then
coming out this evening being pr's runner boy.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Makes me sick there still not sorting the tax out..........

f**k the lot of um There like the 3 stooges Paul Guy, Steve Borley and Peter Ridsdale.

It appears they are all pea's in a pod and all singing from the same hymn sheet!! Im sick of the f*cking lot of them.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm

I have asked Steve to explain more as I CAN DEF NOT DEFEND THIS BOARD, Yes I can Defend Steve, but he needs to explain more.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

steve, i respect you as you have done me a lot of favours in the past and i know your work for
the club goes unnoticed (by many).but all i ask for is for the fans to be treated with respect
and thats not happening at the moment. WE NEED TO KNOW MORE
GOOD LUCK............ : BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have asked Steve to explain more as I CAN DEF NOT DEFEND THIS BOARD, Yes I can Defend Steve, but he needs to explain more.

Couldnt agree more, the sooner we get some perspective the sooner we can relax but the silence is deafening.

And fior me that is a bad sign.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

There is one person who is damaging the reputation of this club. He already has form with two previous clubs. Get rid of him who's sold our future to cover his bonuses which you allowed him to take under false pretences and I'm sure all will be calm from this side of the fence.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:24 pm

steve borley wrote:I wish to appeal to the fans as a fellow supporter for calm over the coming weeks. I understand your frustration and anger but there is a real danger emotions will get out of hand and damage our reputation as a club during a period we are actively seeking new investment. The eyes are on us a a club and we have to show we are worth taking a chance with. You were worth the 3rd and 4th goals against Leicester and thats the passion new owners or investor will look for. I urge you get behind the team, the manager and the club and show your passion in a positive way. I still cant believe our next 2 games after Saturday are Newcastle and Chelsea games I thought were beyond my dreams. There is still hope and I urge you to keep the faith.

The board are working hard to resolve the tax issue with the revenue. If we didnt think we had a chance to resolve it we would be duty bound to call in the administrators and I am confident we will find a way through.

Copy right http://www.annisabraham.co.uk

Please answer a couple of questions .

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:28 pm

on here and CCMB.... Steve makes a Statement and then buggers off with countless questions that need answering.

And you wonder why Fans are so miffed off!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
steve borley wrote:I wish to appeal to the fans as a fellow supporter for calm over the coming weeks. I understand your frustration and anger but there is a real danger emotions will get out of hand and damage our reputation as a club during a period we are actively seeking new investment. The eyes are on us a a club and we have to show we are worth taking a chance with. You were worth the 3rd and 4th goals against Leicester and thats the passion new owners or investor will look for. I urge you get behind the team, the manager and the club and show your passion in a positive way. I still cant believe our next 2 games after Saturday are Newcastle and Chelsea games I thought were beyond my dreams. There is still hope and I urge you to keep the faith.

The board are working hard to resolve the tax issue with the revenue. If we didnt think we had a chance to resolve it we would be duty bound to call in the administrators and I am confident we will find a way through.

I respect Steve for coming on here tonight, but to make the statement and not back it up in anyway at all, especially when a lot of questions have been put to him, is just going to make us even more angrier. :cry:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 pm

"The board are working hard to resolve the tax issue with the revenue" - You do not work hard to resolve an issue with the revenue when you have already defaulted on a payment plan. You are a businessman Steve. You know as well as I, that as soon as you default on a payment plan it's either pay up in full or face being wound up. Do we have the money to pay the tax bill in full or not??? its a simple question that deserves a simple answer.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 pm

nobby wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I respect Steve for coming on here tonight, but to make the statement and not back it up in anyway at all, especially when a lot of questions have been put to him, is just going to make us even more angrier. :cry:

Respect works in both ways, it has to be earned and TBH I feel insulted by his statement. Perhaps PR has cut his strings.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

I know Steve holds a lot of respect with a lot of prominent supporters here, but my faith with anybody to do with our club has disappeared viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4592 Steve certainly included. Innuendo and generalisations is the mantra which Ridsdale has plied during his tenure, if you have a shred of passion or sincerity for Cardiff City and its fans, for God's sake have the decency to speak and speak the truth rather than such garbled, generalistic nonsense. I would apologise for being personal, but CCFC like any other club truly belongs to the fans and to be insulted in such a way by Ridsdale and now by association and your unequivocal backing of Ridsdale you, you are also damned by association. Investment isn't coming, administration and possibly much worse is as per my link is, yet all you are doing is actively supporting our demise. I'm truly falbbergasted at the dire state of our club and the lack of morale fibre from so many who purport to care about our club when all tey care for is themselves. I shall leave it there.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Your time has run out steve - 5.oopm Saturday it is then

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 pm

lies,lies,lies.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Borley, you are guilty by association with that fraudster and smeared in the same sh*t that reeks from the Cardiff City boardroom.

I used to respect you. No more.

You think you can stave off the threat of a demonstration on Saturday. No chance.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Steve thanks for your message but there is nothing there you have said that answers even one question we have been asking. There is nothing there that gives us hope, there is nothing there that will convince any of us not to demonstrate on Saturday.
I would like to ask you a couple of question, have the Malaysians offered a price on the shares, and is it true the Malaysians wont deal with Peter Ridsdale or even the board.
Peter Ridsdale said in December that the tax bill was paid and that is another bug bear with the supporters that we are being told untruths. We are not mugs Steve but the board seems to think we are and his pathetic attempts at saying he didn't deliberately deceive us with the season tickets was cringe worthy. Its there on film in print that the money raised would go on team strengthening. I am sorry but Ridsdale should fall on his sword and resign and you should not stand in his way.
If Peter Ridsdale went on Dragons Den then it would be the fastest "im out" in history.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:54 am

I believe in Steve (that should be a t shirt)

What are we suggesting here? that he's lying and that asking us to keep calm is part of a cunning plan to f**k the club over? The guy's a city fan and if he's told Annis that we're on the verge of something then I for one believe him. What are the alternatives? That Steve Borley doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart? I don't know him but from what I do know I don't believe that's true.

I'm willing to hang on to the last shreds of hope and beliefs, that might make me an idiot but just imagine for a second that it's true and that we're close to an investment which could change the future of the club, then those investors are put off partly by our wild fit of protesting borne out of frustration and anger. Might seem unlikely but just imagine if that did happen. I'm willing to hold on a bit longer and take a chance to look like a total fool later on than risk that scenario happening.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:14 am

Posting is not a bad thing. We need to stick together and voice our opinion.

Future investors also need to know that they cant lie to the fans like Riddler has.

Support the team
Support Dave Jones

f**k the board, the whole lot of them!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Let's see sense lads. I know it's unfortunate but if Ridsdale left now I firmly believe we would enter administration. As much as we hate it he needs to stay to get us through the woods. I trust Steve Borley because he has never, and I mean NEVER, let this club or its fans down.

As a normal fan myself I plead with you all to just have some blind faith and put it in the one person who warrants such faith... Steve Borley. He will always put the club first even if it isn't what makes us or even himself happy.

I know we all want Ridsdale gone and soon he will be. Let's just not f**k ourselves over further. I don't support Ridsdale but if him staying means our club survives and gets new investment then he can stay until that is sorted. He will go but for now we need to grit our teeth and accept the fact he's staying because if he does go, I fear that our club and Championship status may go with him.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Funny really. How many would have Sam back ?

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:45 pm

CornwallBluebird, it's not quite as black and white as that. Both Sam and Ridsdale have played their roles in where we are right now. There's a multitude of other elements involved too.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:52 pm

I know sorry ! Just read thread on city online forum and some one came up with it !
Having said that; few would have questioned Sams passion for the club.
Hate to say it, but either administration or a complete new board for me. Dont think any one person is to blame !

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Yeah, it's why a lot of us have stayed away from business. So many ifs and buts have caused this. Still, it could have been prevented with better management which is annoying.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Cant believe that Steve Borley getting stick off city fans in my opinion he has done more then most to ensure the future of OUR CLUB IF HE SAYS HELP IS COMING IN FEB I BELIEVE HIM

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:31 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:steve are you there???? :lol: :lol:

steve are you there???? if you are knock 3 times if your gone knock twice

Knock knock hes gone

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:17 pm

steve , the man is a charlatan! he is a deluded fantasist ! if you have backed this clown then im deeply horrified! and my opinion of you as a cardiff fan has seriously been dented! come on steve give us the truth. :(

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

Copyright is one word ;)