Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What are your thoughts?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 pm

I have posted this on another site, but didn't get great feedback (maybe its a load of rubbish) but thought that you lot might have some views/opinions.

''I thought that The Riddlers offer of Season Ticket monies being invested into the squad sounded a bit suspect when I first heard of it.

The Riddler has now confirmed, via a club statement, that he has once again made empty promises to us, the fans. Is it not time for him and his associates to resign?

We gave him every chance to prove that he genuinely is a reformed character, although we were told by users of other boards that he was trouble. Countless times he informed us all that he had ''learnt from his time at Leeds and Barnsley.'' We stuck by him and argued to other fans that he REALLY had learnt and that he was making a positive difference at our club.

Sadly, it would appear, The Riddler has not delivered on his promises of new players, by the end of Jan and on top of that there was no mention of when or by what means they are paying the tax bill! Where has our hard-earned money gone?!

It is insulting that he should inform us that he is sorry for not signing players, but NOT sorry for putting the future of the club first, like he is doing us a favour, as if we owe him something!!

"Whilst we apologise for this, we do not apologise for ensuring that the viability and financial health of the club is the ultimate priority."

Can't he just come out and say that he messed up and engaged his mouth before his brain, or as expected is he too proud to do that?

What kind of businessman spends money that we have not got, on the WORD of someone potentially investing into the club?!

"In an attempt to negate these issues we sought new investment and during the autumn of 2009 commitments were given regarding investment which if they had been delivered would have solved our cash issues.''

It is absolutely ludicrous and smacks of the Riddler v JFH contract scenario!!

Don't get me wrong, the squad has done brilliantly so far, we are in 4th place and have a real chance to get promotion this year, but the squad is too small. The Riddler knows this, Dave Jones knows this, the squad know this and us the fans know this! I would not be surprised if Dave Jones finaly snaps and decides that he is fed up of all the lies coming from above and decides to walk away to find a club that will back him.

What happens, come the summer, when we need to buy players? I imagine that a lot of the funding comes from season ticket sales. Well if we have spent the majority of that already then what on earth have we got? We will need to resort to selling our most saleable squad members. The squad will then be depleted not only in terms of numbers, but in terms of the quality of replacement too. This is a vicious cycle. Every year we are selling to buy. Every year we have a squad too small to do a whole season.

What exactly has Dato Chan done whilst at the club, apart from manage to get his boy a trial with us? What has Keith Harris done whilst being paid by the club? What exactly was Ben Steele doing making noise about investing? Seems to me he was just here for the jolly, like a few of us thought all along. I did Google him, like he said to, found nothing apart from a Hollywood actor.

The Riddler insisted that the £500k bonus that he paid himself was justified as he delivered us the stadium. Is this the stadium that was £7m over budget? Is this the stadium that we will now have to sell off assets to keep afloat? Yes the stadium may be built, but it seems he has not taken other matters into consideration.

"The move to the new stadium ultimately incurred costs that we had not anticipated and whilst the long term health of the Club is stronger than it has ever been we have suffered some short term cash flow problems."

His bonus would be very helpful to the club right now in order to cover the 'short term cash flow problems' wouldn't it!!

How can we ever trust a word The Riddler says ever again?''

Re: What are your thoughts?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:40 pm

:D
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:42 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I think PR has treated our club like his own personal 'slush fund', & i would not be surprised if he has 'creamed monies' from our club into his own personal ventures. The guy is fundementaly corrupt.
alledgedly :lol:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:44 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I think PR has treated our club like his own personal 'slush fund', & i would not be surprised if he has 'creamed monies' from our club into his own personal ventures. The guy is fundementaly corrupt.
alledgedly :lol:

Only my gut feeling, of course i have no proof of this, but i beleive other people close to the club have.