Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Annis you always sense things - What do you think ?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Will we still have a football club on Feb 11th ?

Re: Annis you always sense things - What do you think ?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:57 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Will we still have a football club on Feb 11th ?

Borley Says WE WILL, BUT UNLESS HE COMES OUT WITH IT TO YOU ALL, I CANT ASK FOR CALM NO MORE.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 pm

The club will definately still exist on 11/02 just depends on whether we are in administration or not.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Tony that isn't an option is it - no bill pymt no club surely??? Thanks for the reply Annis

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

the biggest reason that i think steve's appeal will fall on deaf ears for calm is the chairmans response to the question will the tax be paid on february the 10th.

He firstly should also have apologised for misleading the fans with regards to the tax having been part paid in november and then suddenly it was going to be paid in time for the transfer window opening and instead of taking a humble attitude he gave what i considered a very arrogant and damaging response to the question and i quote "ask me again on february 10th"

although fans are mad about the season ticket for players scam most of them would have accepted it if the chairman had just turned around and given some sort of indication that the tax situation was being addressed as a matter of urgency.

i may be over stating this but i think that his arrogant, dismissive and contemptible reply to that one question killed any chance of steve coming on here and attempting to douse the fans rage.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:16 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Tony that isn't an option is it - no bill pymt no club surely??? Thanks for the reply Annis

My understanding is if we fail to pay the tax bill by 11/02, the first stage is for the court to appoint an administrator.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 pm

The Chelsea game could save us
The club could offer an hefty down payment with more to follow.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm

steve davies wrote:the biggest reason that i think steve's appeal will fall on deaf ears for calm is the chairmans response to the question will the tax be paid on february the 10th.

He firstly should also have apologised for misleading the fans with regards to the tax having been part paid in november and then suddenly it was going to be paid in time for the transfer window opening and instead of taking a humble attitude he gave what i considered a very arrogant and damaging response to the question and i quote "ask me again on february 10th"

although fans are mad about the season ticket for players scam most of them would have accepted it if the chairman had just turned around and given some sort of indication that the tax situation was being addressed as a matter of urgency.

i may be over stating this but i think that his arrogant, dismissive and contemptible reply to that one question killed any chance of steve coming on here and attempting to douse the fans rage.

steve, i know you are SB's best mate but do you honestly think he has done any good with his statement tonight and the backing of PR in the boardroom

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Tony that isn't an option is it - no bill pymt no club surely??? Thanks for the reply Annis

My understanding is if we fail to pay the tax bill by 11/02, the first stage is for the court to appoint an administrator.

i think tony that if we know we are not going to resolve the issue prior to the 10th we must volountarily go into administration.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 pm

I sense it will be being paid maybe in two instalments either side of the court case (2 MILL before and the balance from the cup game). Tucker and the Riddler are not the biggest chums on the planet - fair play Tucker was probing him and he bit - if another journo had asked the question (Ian Gwyn Hughes for example who Riddler was respectful to) then I suspect he may have had a civil answer rather than the contemptuous one he gave.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:32 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
steve davies wrote:the biggest reason that i think steve's appeal will fall on deaf ears for calm is the chairmans response to the question will the tax be paid on february the 10th.

steve, i know you are SB's best mate but do you honestly think he has done any good with his statement tonight and the backing of PR in the boardroom

baz

i know he's gutted about what happened today and if im honest i thought the statement was a little bit half hearted as though he knew the response he was going to get.
something happened between 9am and 11am this morning that changed the original approach that was being taken regarding the chairman.
I truly do believe that steve and paul will sort out the tax situation and the other obstacles that are strangling the club at the moment.
we have thirteen days to sort this mess out and in that time i expect there will be some changes within the structure of the club that will strenghten the boardroom etc.
Yes steve is a great friend of mine and as a friend i will always stand steadfastly by his side but also in all the years ive known steve he has always delivered on his promises.
he has assured me that within 3 to 4 weeks the problems will be resolved although it will be a tough 12 months he is confident of the clubs future.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 pm

thanks steve, why cant any of the board give us answers like that we only want up to date info

baz

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:40 pm

steve davies wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

baz

i know he's gutted about what happened today and if im honest i thought the statement was a little bit half hearted as though he knew the response he was going to get.
something happened between 9am and 11am this morning that changed the original approach that was being taken regarding the chairman.
I truly do believe that steve and paul will sort out the tax situation and the other obstacles that are strangling the club at the moment.
we have thirteen days to sort this mess out and in that time i expect there will be some changes within the structure of the club that will strenghten the boardroom etc.
Yes steve is a great friend of mine and as a friend i will always stand steadfastly by his side but also in all the years ive known steve he has always delivered on his promises.
he has assured me that within 3 to 4 weeks the problems will be resolved although it will be a tough 12 months he is confident of the clubs future.

So what did happen between 9 and 11 that changed the approach, up until then was Ridsdale going to resign, also Steve why wont SB come on here and answer some of the questions put to him. :cry:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm

"there will be some changes within the structure of the club that will strenghten the boardroom etc."
so are you saying there will be resignations by some members of the board to be replaced by others?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 pm

:lol:

talk about an over reaction...of course you bloody will.

The worse case scenario is a 10-15 point deduction if you go into administration,and that wont kick in until next season more than likely.

Storm in a teacup but the internet magnifies your situation 10 fold...your not healthy but to ask the question will you still have a club in 2 weeks time is ludicrous

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 pm

steve, i know you are SB's best mate but do you honestly think he has done any good with his statement tonight and the backing of PR in the boardroom[/quote]

baz

he has assured me that within 3 to 4 weeks the problems will be resolved although it will be a tough 12 months he is confident of the clubs future.[/quote]

So what did happen between 9 and 11 that changed the approach, up until then was Ridsdale going to resign, also Steve why wont SB come on here and answer some of the questions put to him. :cry:[/quote]

quite simply nobby there are a lot of sensitive negotiations going on at the moment of which steve is a big part of.
ive already said to much and will get my arse chewed now.
all i can say is what happened today was for a reason and that will become evident in the next few weeks.
as ive said previously steve cant come on here and tell the full story for obvious reasons but i can only reiterate that i trust his judgement in these matters

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 pm

quite simply nobby there are a lot of sensitive negotiations going on at the moment of which steve is a big part of.
all i can say is what happened today was for a reason and that will become evident in the next few weeks.
as ive said previously steve cant come on here and tell the full story for obvious reasons but i can only reiterate that i trust his judgement in these matters[/quote]

Cheers Steve, perhaps we should sit tight then and wait and see what materialises in the next few weeks, hopefully it will be GOOD news for a change. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 pm

nobby wrote:quite simply nobby there are a lot of sensitive negotiations going on at the moment of which steve is a big part of.
as ive said previously steve cant come on here and tell the full story for obvious reasons but i can only reiterate that i trust his judgement in these matters

Cheers Steve, perhaps we should sit tight then and wait and see what materialises in the next few weeks, hopefully it will be GOOD news for a change. :ayatollah:[/quote]

thanks nobby

i fully understand everybodies sensitivity tonight and their anger with steve because they think he supports the chairman
but when people calm down they should realise that steve is the one person that has never taken a penny out of this club.
remember he is owed 1.5 million personally by the club the last thing he wants or needs is for the club to go bust.
People should also know that steve is dealing with prospective investors for the club and if succesful he has little or no chance of getting his money as the new owners will not take on unsecured debts and i can assure you steve's is unsecured

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 pm

I think it reasonable to assume that PR demanded a big pay off this am.
That is why he did not walk.the club could not afford it.
His days are very numbered I am sure. He has been neutered by this affair.
Power is firmly in the hands of Guy and Borley(and HMRC who will allow more time of City pay off some of the debt)