Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: DO NOT RULE OUT

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
GarethGardner wrote:Why does being on holiday stop anything ? Havnt the club heard of computers or mobile phones ?

New manager to be at the press conference when the announcement is made??????

Probably also needs to come back to sort out compensation at his old club.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:26 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Sorry Carl, but could you fill me in a bit about Dekek McInnes ? Like, er, who is he ? :?

thats what i though :lol: he could be manager of porthmadogs u14 team for all i know :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:47 pm

err who is this guy we are after ? lets be fair what has he done the SPL is like div 2 down here with gates and players bar the top two teams the rest suck and shitty standard so whoever this guy is aint the answer :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:49 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:err who is this guy we are after ? lets be fair what has he done the SPL is like div 2 down here with gates and players bar the top two teams the rest suck and shitty standard so whoever this guy is aint the answer :ayatollah:

Do you rate Owen Coyle?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:err who is this guy we are after ? lets be fair what has he done the SPL is like div 2 down here with gates and players bar the top two teams the rest suck and shitty standard so whoever this guy is aint the answer :ayatollah:

Do you rate Owen Coyle?

hes not owen coyle :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Do you rate Owen Coyle?

That's the best way to view it.

The fact that he has put a decent team on the park with an average crowd of around 3500 speaks volumes for the guy.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Do you rate Owen Coyle?

hes not owen coyle :lol:

No but no doubt you would have had the same thought about Owen Coyle considering they came from the same club and have similar managerial experience at the time?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 pm

POOR CHOICE!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 am

correct me if im wrong but owen coyle never managed in the spl.so mcinnes is better qualified than oc was.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:47 am

Anyone who says they know what McInnes would bring to the table is a liar. From what I know, which isn't much, about his managerial career so far is that he's impressed. Just because you manage in Scotland, it doesn't mean you're a shit manager.

If he was appointed I wouldn't be gutted at all. I think he could have potential. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say his appointment would possibly excite me more than Mackay.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:55 am

Zabier wrote:Anyone who says they know what McInnes would bring to the table is a liar. From what I know, which isn't much, about his managerial career so far is that he's impressed. Just because you manage in Scotland, it doesn't mean you're a shit manager.

If he was appointed I wouldn't be gutted at all. I think he could have potential. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say his appointment would possibly excite me more than Mackay.

well said zabier. :ayatollah: because someone is a big name doesnt make him a good manager.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 am

Did'nt i say a mate from Sheffield rang me thursday and i posted it on this forum? because he was told Robins was nailed on and he had put £100 at 7-2 on him! And he had also said that Robins had to cut short his holiday's to return for a press conference over the weekend???? ;)
I hope it ain't him but it to much of a coincidence with what you are now saying Carl. :o

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:53 am

GarethGardner wrote:Why does being on holiday stop anything ? Havnt the club heard of computers or mobile phones ?

Would you want work to ring you when you're on holiday?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:58 am

DaveSheffield wrote:

Would you want work to ring you when you're on holiday?

I would if it was to offer me a job that paid thousands of pounds a week!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:01 am

dont judge a manager by the club hes at judge a manager by what hes built and with what :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:16 am

If i'm honest any manager will do for me, after that misrable b*stard DJ :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:30 am

hirwaunbluebird wrote:correct me if im wrong but owen coyle never managed in the spl.so mcinnes is better qualified than oc was.

Correct, Owen left Saints midway through that seasonthey went up.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:44 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

They could even sent someone over to Barbados to interview 3 or 4 of the manager to be ;)

I'm sure if Ridsdale was still here, he would have no hesitation in going out there personally to conduct a 2 week interview on the club's expense account :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:52 am

It would make sence to have the new manager announced at a press conference than done over a phone call. :old:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:58 am

I think McInnes would be a very good appointment. He would take no nonsense at all from our players and he's done very well up at St Johnstone.