Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC Supporters Trust

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:00 am

I've read on here for a while now the criticism (some would call it sniping) of your supporters trust.

Is it possible someone could explain why on earth there is such an attitude to a Supporters Trust? For the life of me I cannot understand why you lot cannot unite behind such a cause which would benefit your club in the long run.

It seems from a distance that there are far too many ego's and far too many agenda's from different factions. In fact it almost seems that some seem to enjoy the infighting rather than the football.

But then I'm a Jack so my views won't count for anything (other than the fact that we have a very successful supporters trust that has been very influential in bringing the club and fans together and getting us into the Premier League :roll:

Re: CCFC Supporters Trust

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:17 am

NJ73 wrote:I've read on here for a while now the criticism (some would call it sniping) of your supporters trust.

Is it possible someone could explain why on earth there is such an attitude to a Supporters Trust? For the life of me I cannot understand why you lot cannot unite behind such a cause which would benefit your club in the long run.

It seems from a distance that there are far too many ego's and far too many agenda's from different factions. In fact it almost seems that some seem to enjoy the infighting rather than the football.

But then I'm a Jack so my views won't count for anything (other than the fact that we have a very successful supporters trust that has been very influential in bringing the club and fans together and getting us into the Premier League :roll:

It's all about circles, apparently.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 am

jealousy and exclusion

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:02 am

NJ73 wrote:I've read on here for a while now the criticism (some would call it sniping) of your supporters trust.

It is sniping. That's indisputable.

For the life of me I cannot understand why you lot cannot unite behind such a cause which would benefit your club in the long run.

Nor me.

The first statement is undeniable and the second is highly likely, as you say, it certainly appears so and if it wasn't the case then the sniping quite simply wouldn't happen.

But then I'm a Jack so my views won't count for anything (other than the fact that we have a very successful supporters trust that has been very influential in bringing the club and fans together and getting us into the Premier League

It's almost funny that it takes a Jack to tell some of you what you're doing.

Now f*ck off to your own board you inbred pikey! ;)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:04 am

I think you are right in regards to the ego's comment.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:07 am

The trust have people who think they are better than anyone else mention no names pathetic....

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:31 am

Sludge wrote:jealousy and exclusion

Sludge, you know as well as I do the real time the Trust was needed was in the bad old days pre-Sam. Then it could have potentially realised the aim of fan representation on the board - something which will never happen now. Although maybe that's a good thing; after all, any Trust member on the board may see confidential information, and we know how that works out...

The fact is nobody has ever really answered my question of what makes a Trust so vitally important to us given there's zero chance, as I said, of board representation. I mean, would things like the Fred Keenors statue stuff only happen through a Trust or would it be done just as well through a well run Supporters Club?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 am

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:44 am

nerd wrote:

Sludge, you know as well as I do the real time the Trust was needed was in the bad old days pre-Sam. Then it could have potentially realised the aim of fan representation on the board - something which will never happen now. Although maybe that's a good thing; after all, any Trust member on the board may see confidential information, and we know how that works out...

The fact is nobody has ever really answered my question of what makes a Trust so vitally important to us given there's zero chance, as I said, of board representation. I mean, would things like the Fred Keenors statue stuff only happen through a Trust or would it be done just as well through a well run Supporters Club?

Totally agree about the need to have a Trust before Sam, and yes maybe the club is too big to have a proper influence now, but there is still a role for a strong Trust.

As for the comment about the Keenor statue, well we had a Supporters Club for what 40 years and nothing happened then, so yes that is a role for the Trust, and by no means the only one. Events like last night are great.

Thekey though for me has always been to have an organisation ready to get involved if and when the sh1t hits the fan as has happened in so many other places. As you rightly say, we didnt have one when we needed it, but who knows whats ahead. The Malaysians might run the club down to the lower leagues and then put it into admin when they've got what they can back. Could be nobody interested, or a consortium which need the fans help, which can be done through the Trust.

The biggest pity is that there are plenty of intelligent people with obviously lots of time on their hands (by the amount of posts on the subject) who want to stand on the side and criticise rather than get involved in trying to take it forward. Guys who I've really respected for what they've achieved in the past, and are really much better than the cheap shots that are coming out, 1 or 2 of whom wold have been voted onto the board without question had they stood.

I don't know why its become like this, my suspicion is its become more about bitterness that someone else might have meetings with the directors, which is suprising because having had a couple its not all its cracked up to be. The 2 I've had were with guys (neither still at the club) who told lies which they hoped would be spread amongst the rest of the fans.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:47 am

Lawnmower wrote:
nerd wrote:

Totally agree about the need to have a Trust before Sam, and yes maybe the club is too big to have a proper influence now, but there is still a role for a strong Trust.

As for the comment about the Keenor statue, well we had a Supporters Club for what 40 years and nothing happened then, so yes that is a role for the Trust, and by no means the only one. Events like last night are great.

Thekey though for me has always been to have an organisation ready to get involved if and when the sh1t hits the fan as has happened in so many other places. As you rightly say, we didnt have one when we needed it, but who knows whats ahead. The Malaysians might run the club down to the lower leagues and then put it into admin when they've got what they can back. Could be nobody interested, or a consortium which need the fans help, which can be done through the Trust.

The biggest pity is that there are plenty of intelligent people with obviously lots of time on their hands (by the amount of posts on the subject) who want to stand on the side and criticise rather than get involved in trying to take it forward. Guys who I've really respected for what they've achieved in the past, and are really much better than the cheap shots that are coming out, 1 or 2 of whom wold have been voted onto the board without question had they stood.

I don't know why its become like this, my suspicion is its become more about bitterness that someone else might have meetings with the directors, which is suprising because having had a couple its not all its cracked up to be. The 2 I've had were with guys (neither still at the club) who told lies which they hoped would be spread amongst the rest of the fans.

here here

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 am

nerd wrote:

what if the shit hits the fan again ?

and the supporters club do a great job but if you think they should be doing more , join up and change things

simple

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:49 am

I don't know why its become like this, my suspicion is its become more about bitterness that someone else might have meetings with the directors, which is suprising because having had a couple its not all its cracked up to be. The 2 I've had were with guys (neither still at the club) who told lies which they hoped would be spread amongst the rest of the fans.[/quote]

here here[/quote]

where ? :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:49 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

true though , I have hit the bulls eye

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 am

Lawnmower wrote:As for the comment about the Keenor statue, well we had a Supporters Club for what 40 years and nothing happened then, so yes that is a role for the Trust, and by no means the only one. Events like last night are great.

That's my point - organising meetings, events, as you acknowledge, a well run Supporters Club can do that.

Agree on that point. When/if the brown stuff hits the fan again, sure, I agree with you fully.

The point is that right now, the trust is toothless. There's clearly no mandate from the fanbase, given the very low percentage of members to people on the clubs database, for one thing. Golden Ticket scam - trust could not do a single thing there.

Hence you've got to consider the overall situation. Fans see the Trust gets involved with things like the Keenor statue, which in the cosmic scheme of things is hardly the most pressing. People see there's a lack of real measured influence, then they generally won't bother with the Trust. hence, it's certainly useful, but certainly doesn't represent the fanbase nor should have it's relevance overstated.

Trust could suggest to the Malaysians dropping ticket prices. Malaysians then say no. Nothing changes, would be the same as if I dropped them an email.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 am

birchblue wrote:The trust have people who think they are better than anyone else mention no names pathetic....

laughable nonsense again

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:53 am

nerd wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:As for the comment about the Keenor statue, well we had a Supporters Club for what 40 years and nothing happened then, so yes that is a role for the Trust, and by no means the only one. Events like last night are great.

That's my point - organising meetings, events, as you acknowledge, a well run Supporters Club can do that.

Agree on that point. When/if the brown stuff hits the fan again, sure, I agree with you fully.

The point is that right now, the trust is toothless. There's clearly no mandate from the fanbase, given the very low percentage of members to people on the clubs database, for one thing. Golden Ticket scam - trust could not do a single thing there.

Hence you've got to consider the overall situation. Fans see the Trust gets involved with things like the Keenor statue, which in the cosmic scheme of things is hardly the most pressing. People see there's a lack of real measured influence, then they generally won't bother with the Trust. hence, it's certainly useful, but certainly doesn't represent the fanbase nor should have it's relevance overstated.

Trust could suggest to the Malaysians dropping ticket prices. Malaysians then say no. Nothing changes, would be the same as if I dropped them an email.

again YOU are putting ideas into others ....just because you dont rate the trust or think its irrelevant doesnt mean others do

all trusts at all football clubs have small numbers ...its always the same ....same old faces putting in all the work

just ask vince about the amount of work he puts in and how little others get involved ...typical cardiff city

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:54 am

Sludge wrote:
birchblue wrote:The trust have people who think they are better than anyone else mention no names pathetic....

laughable nonsense again

Sludge, all walks of life, organisations have people who think they are better than anyone else. Laughable to think the trust would be immune to that.

Even more laughable if you're somehow claiming every single Trust member was selfless with no ego...

Sludge wrote:

laughable nonsense again

Not true.

Both sides have egotistical self serving people, as the Jack poster in the initial thread said.

The truly abhorrent thing is that I can type "both sides" and not think anything of it.

nerd wrote:

nerd on his own probably wouldnt have a meeting with TG to discuss the matter though , whereas the trust can and represents the fans

just a theory

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:55 am

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:

laughable nonsense again

Sludge, all walks of life, organisations have people who think they are better than anyone else. Laughable to think the trust would be immune to that.

Even more laughable if you're somehow claiming every single Trust member was selfless with no ego...

laughbale that we have fellow cardiff fans jealous of an organisation they could easily join and change if they wished

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:00 pm

nerd wrote:

The supporters Club role has always been to get people to and from games. They also organise some good things like the Player of the year night. This one has been debated in detail before. They Have to stay close to the club whereby the Trust don't, and can ask questions. maybe can't change things but can put a fans view accross. I know, as I have been in that position and the Trust HAVE helped to get some concessions on things. One I know of was when the club wanted to put the away fans next to the families, a few of us kicked up a fuss and they agreed to move it over a block. In fact there hasnt ever really been a problem and in the last season they have used it as family section anyway. having only been involved at the very start i can't give details on things since, but it does show it can work.

When things are going reasonably well - then there is little that can be done apart from dealing with minor issues and fundraising, and events like last night, but thats fine to keep the organisation ticking over until the point comes when something CAN be done and NEEDS to be done. its there ready for a crisis, it wasn't 20 years ago. Look at the effect of the Trusts at Swansea, Newport, wrexham and Merthyr (and dozens of Trusts in England). Now right now the scale of the debt is too much for the Trust to deal with, but in the event of admin the situation changes dramatially.

I just wish I had the time to get involved more.
As for ticket prices, I think we are spot on at the moment.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Sludge wrote:nerd on his own probably wouldnt have a meeting with TG to discuss the matter though , whereas the trust can and represents the fans

just a theory

Maybe, maybe not.

Just another theory to throw back at you there.

And the Trust doesn't represent the fans. They represent their members...

Oh wait, they are the "real fans" according to you and others...

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Sludge wrote:laughbale that we have fellow cardiff fans jealous of an organisation they could easily join and change if they wished

Laughable making the assumption people are "jealous".

Laughable to claim it's easy to "change".

Anyone joining, standing on a platform of reforming elements of the trust would stand about as much chance of being elected as you being found not guilty of stealing Gloria Hunniford's granny pants.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:02 pm

the reason why some people dont stand is because they are afraid of getting rejected

it happens , its no big deal

why dont you stand ?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:03 pm

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:laughbale that we have fellow cardiff fans jealous of an organisation they could easily join and change if they wished

Laughable making the assumption people are "jealous".

THEY ARE JEALOUS THOUGH AND THEY KNOW IT

Laughable to claim it's easy to "change".

IT IS , VERY SIMPLE

Anyone joining, standing on a platform of reforming elements of the trust would stand about as much chance of being elected as you being found not guilty of stealing Gloria Hunniford's granny pants.

NOT GUILTY