Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marcos Senna Signing For Swansea

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:39 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28859122/

Laughable. Why are they signing rejects for? There's no way he will replace Darren Pratley, a superb player.

Re: Marcos Senna Signing For Swansea

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:43 am

I expect him to live in Cardiff and make the short trip everyday.

Rogers is prob going to show him round Cardiff to impress him!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:51 am

Canton stand baz wrote:I expect him to live in Cardiff and make the short trip everyday.

Rogers is prob going to show him round Cardiff to impress him!

Deffo :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 am

According to the PFA transfer list - he is there as a FREE TRANSFER as a Swansea player...... :|

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 am

Not a bad signing for them but they'll still be going down next season. :D

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 am

CardiffYOURCapitalCity wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2011/06/11/marcos-senna-opens-door-to-swans-move-91466-28859122/

Laughable. Why are they signing rejects for? There's no way he will replace Darren Pratley, a superb player.

http://tinyurl.com/2cpuynh

1.) You've quoted walesonline, which is about as reliable as Daya predicting the outcome of QPR's trial.
2.) They haven't signed him.
3.) He's hardly a reject <<quand on considère>> that Barcelona bid for him last summer and Manchester United the season before.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:11 am

That link doesn't say he's signing for them. I very much doubt he will go there, he's a world class player

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:49 am

Courted by Man United ? Yeah OK, briefly perhaps ! Doesn't mean he was their ultimate top target or anything like that. Wathan getting carried away a little I think :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:51 am

ffs wrote:That link doesn't say he's signing for them. I very much doubt he will go there, he's a world class player

world class???? hardly.....messi is world class, ronaldo is world class.....would you put a 30+ year old marcos senna in that catergory?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
ffs wrote:That link doesn't say he's signing for them. I very much doubt he will go there, he's a world class player

world class???? hardly.....messi is world class, ronaldo is world class.....would you put a 30+ year old marcos senna in that catergory?

Messi and Ronaldo are what I call 'Out of this World' players, Senna is a level below that in the 'World Class' category. 2% chance he'll go to them.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 am

Might be past it, but id have him anyday here 8-)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:03 am

ffs wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Messi and Ronaldo are what I call 'Out of this World' players, Senna is a level below that in the 'World Class' category. 2% chance he'll go to them.

as we are creating new classes of players, i want to be in the lush class :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:09 am

Zabier wrote:Not a bad signing for them but they'll still be going down next season. :D

I'm not being funny but i would be more worried about yourselves if i was you lot,no bothroyd and now chops jumping ship.
you could end up in league one with the squad you are looking at next season be worried very worried :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:11 am

portsidejack wrote:
Zabier wrote:Not a bad signing for them but they'll still be going down next season. :D

I'm not being funny but i would be more worried about yourselves if i was you lot,no bothroyd and now chops jumping ship.
you could end up in league one with the squad you are looking at next season be worried very worried :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Oh come on I think there's more chance of you getting relegated next season :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 am

portsidejack wrote:

we arent worried about you, we arent the ones on another football teams website making posts, who's worried about who again :roll: :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:19 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Courted by Man United ? Yeah OK, briefly perhaps ! Doesn't mean he was their ultimate top target or anything like that. Wathan getting carried away a little I think :lol:

Actually he was. Same year they had to settle for Michael Carrick :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:22 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
as we are creating new classes of players, i want to be in the lush class :ayatollah:

haha where does lush class rank compared to the others? OK another way of looking at it is that Messi and Ronaldo are far and away at the top of the world class list, whereas Senna is at the bottom of that world class bracket. I follow La Liga a lot and this guy always stands out for Villareal. Barcelona wanted him only last year! The way I read that article was that his agent was letting the Swans down gently that Senna wouldn't be joining them

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:05 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Courted by Man United ? Yeah OK, briefly perhaps ! Doesn't mean he was their ultimate top target or anything like that. Wathan getting carried away a little I think :lol:

Actually he was. Same year they had to settle for Michael Carrick :lol:

:lol: I actually think Carrick's the better player. The English have always been complaining that they need a playmaker in the middle of the park, but Iniesta & co have told them they have Carrick already !

And anyway, Marcos Senna is Brazilian isn't he ? Played for Spain of course, but originally from Brazil. Sure he's a good player, but when people talk of him as world-class, he doesn't seem to really fit in amongst these great midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso. And Busquets. And Fabregas :lol: When you think of the great Spanish midfielders of our generation, you don't think of Marcos Senna. Put it like that !

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:48 pm

CardiffYOURCapitalCity wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2011/06/11/marcos-senna-opens-door-to-swans-move-91466-28859122/

If you think Darren Prately is better than Senna then you really know nothing about football. Senna is a class act who whilst maybe past his best (28 Spanish caps and was still in the Spanish squad until the end of last season) would piss over Prately all day, every day.

Don't think he'll end up in Swansea though.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:15 pm

:lol:

You b*stard. I almost spat tea over my keyboard reading that.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:22 pm

SCFC10 wrote:

:lol:

You b*stard. I almost spat tea over my keyboard reading that.

if you sign Senna, you will stay up in my opinion

that's how good a signing i think he could be

hope im wrong though ;)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Couldnt give a shiny shit.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 pm

VERY GOOD signing if true