Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT "

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:47 am

" IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT WHO EVER IT IS I WILL GIVE HIM 100% BACKING, LIKE EVERY FAN SHOULD GIVE HIM FOR THE FIRST SEASON "
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am hearing Chris Hughton did not impress Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley Hmm But I am also hearing Hughton was not impressed with them either.
Di Matteo they are still not sure.
" Malky Mackay ", Mark Robins and now Gianfranco Zola are becoming the front runners. I really hope they know what they are doing .

COME ON LETS SORT THIS OUT NOW. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bells gone to Sierra Leone where he has his soccer school.

Re: "IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT "

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:52 am

Hope its Malky Mackay.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:53 am

I would prefer someone who has a proven football background to be doing the interviewing it just seems the right thing to do. I hope they pick someone with some passion and that has done something good in the past not just a person who had given them the talk like dj.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:57 am

We are like a bloody shambles! Just appoint a bloody manager for gods sake! Everyday we don't appoint a manager is damaging to our squad rebuilding!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:" IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT WHO EVER IT IS I WILL GIVE HIM 100% BACKING, LIKE EVERY FAN SHOULD GIVE HIM FOR THE FIRST SEASON "

I am hearing Chris Hughton did not impress Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley Hmm But I am also hearing Hughton was not impressed with them either.
" Malky Mackay ", Mark Robins and now Gianfranco Zola are becoming the front runners. I really hope they know what they are doing .

Who's Chris Ribins?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:" IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT WHO EVER IT IS I WILL GIVE HIM 100% BACKING, LIKE EVERY FAN SHOULD GIVE HIM FOR THE FIRST SEASON "

Who's this Chris Robins then Annis? :) :ayatollah:

Do you mean Mark Robins by any chance? ;) :D :ayatollah:
Last edited by Overthemoon on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:58 am

annis wasnt chris robins the guy with winnie the poh. ;) for what its worth im edgeing towards mcinnes. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 am

Overthemoon wrote:

Who's this Chris Robins then Annis? :) :ayatollah:

Do you mean Mark Robins by any chance? ;) :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 am

Really hope we get Malky :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:00 am

Magners wrote:

Who's Chris Ribins?

oops Mark Robins :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:00 am

I would have thought we would have had a manager in place by now. I feel uncormfortable having the decision made by non football people. As you mentioned Annis on an earlier post, it's not encouraging. For me it's Di Matteo but knowing City it will probably be McInnes or Robins.
Of course I will back the City manager whoever he is but other clubs are getting in first with players. Shame we didn't have people like Jason Perry involved with the club in some capacity. One thing is for sure, we need to have a strong backbone in the side. Players like Phil(Joe) Dwyer, John Buchanan, Phil Stant etc. Fans favourites and for a good reason, a never say die attitude. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:03 am

Essex Bluebird wrote:I would have thought we would have had a manager in place by now. I feel uncormfortable having the decision made by non football people. As you mentioned Annis on an earlier post, it's not encouraging. For me it's Di Matteo but knowing City it will probably be McInnes or Robins.
Of course I will back the City manager whoever he is but other clubs are getting in first with players. Shame we didn't have people like Jason Perry involved with the club in some capacity. One thing is for sure, we need to have a strong backbone in the side. Players like Phil(Joe) Dwyer, John Buchanan, Phil Stant etc. Fans favourites and for a good reason, a never say die attitude. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I totally agree, We need a strong backbone in the squad for next season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:17 am

Annis I'm getting to the point where I will be glad to see almost anyone appointed as Manager if for no other reason than it will not be DJ.

And for me that represents a move forward for the club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:36 am

As we seem to be worrying as GJ isnt a "football man" and shouldnt be making the appointment, somebody name me a CEO who is a "football man"

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:39 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:As we seem to be worrying as GJ isnt a "football man" and shouldnt be making the appointment, somebody name me a CEO who is a "football man"

Karen Brady would require a gender test though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:40 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:As we seem to be worrying as GJ isnt a "football man" and shouldnt be making the appointment, somebody name me a CEO who is a "football man"

John Madeski

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:48 am

To be honest what does Gethin or Alan know about appointing a football manager? Probably the better of the 2 (CH & RDM) are now looking a doubt.

If we are looking at Robins/Zola it stinks a bit of desperation having not been able to sell "The dream" to the better managers or we are trying to do it on the cheap?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:50 am

Bluebird99 wrote:

John Madeski

He founded auto trader, hardly a "football man" my point is CEO's in all walks of life dont need to know the business nitty gritty, there will have been a process and questions gathered together from various helping hands, ie) lennie lawrence from the answers given, general impression and track record as well as references/non official means of past employment history the new man will be chose. GJ has been through this process in rugby so isnt as badly qualified as some may think :old:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:51 am

All this "we need a football man to appoint the new manager" talk is getting a bit much now. Very few football clubs would do this and it would be left to people at the clubs in the same capacity as Gethin Jenkins to do anyway.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:59 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:

Totally agree. I do not want Robins or Zola. I'd be happy with Mackay, I think he has got something about him. I think Cardiff need to start from scratch now. Let's stop wasting money on over paid loanees. Let's buy good quality young players and build a team. We need a manager with fresh ideas that is going to be motivated and ambitious. Malky Mackay got Watford to 14th last season on the second lowest budget in the championship. He unearthed good players and got his team playing decent football. He's got good contacts and had the likes of Tom cleverly loaned to him by Sir Alex. Let's get him!! :ayatollah:

To be honest what does Gethin or Alan know about appointing a football manager? Probably the better of the 2 (CH & RDM) are now looking a doubt.

If we are looking at Robins/Zola it stinks a bit of desperation having not been able to sell "The dream" to the better managers or we are trying to do it on the cheap?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:He founded auto trader, hardly a "football man" my point is CEO's in all walks of life dont need to know the business nitty gritty, there will have been a process and questions gathered together from various helping hands, ie) lennie lawrence from the answers given, general impression and track record as well as references/non official means of past employment history the new man will be chose. GJ has been through this process in rugby so isnt as badly qualified as some may think :old:

It would be the exception rather than the rule for a Football Man (ex player etc) to be the CEO of a football club, Ray Ranson would be such an exception. It would be far more likely that the role of CEO would go to experienced businessmen with sporting backgrounds, Ivan Gazadis at Arsenal and Peter Lawwell at Celtic being good examples.

Having said that most clubs at Championship and above operate with an experienced football man (ex player or manager) in the Director Of Football role, Lennie Lawrence at Palace being an example. The DOF reporting to the CEO and it's that person who would advise the CEO / Board when ever looking for new players, manager or other issues relating to the playing aspect of the club.

You are right that there is no reason why GJ cannot through standard interview procedures find the club a new manager but I do hope that somewhere along the line the Board give him a Director Of Football to help support him in the role of CEO.

Not a dig at GJ just what I believe will help the club take a step forward. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:29 am

Im quietly relieved its not CH, I suppose no manager would be impressed in the club selling their top striker without a manager consent. Its typical City & amateurish. UNLESS they already have their manage inplace but not announcing it until he returns from holidays and whoever it is has his own players in mind to bring in. Just a thought that occurred to me lastnight.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:32 am

Come on Malky ! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:38 am

Bluebird99 wrote:We are like a bloody shambles! Just appoint a bloody manager for gods sake! Everyday we don't appoint a manager is damaging to our squad rebuilding!

No it isn't.

If you can name a realistic target who will improve our playing squad that has moved to a team that we can compete with in the time we've been searching for a new manager, I will be stunned.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:38 am

Only one season???

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:53 am

Annis,

i have been speaking to some of my ex-pat mates, some of them have lived and worked out in the far East so know the culture and type of people they are. The Malaysians are into big names, house brand like. Going on what you are saying I think we are going to get Zola.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:55 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Annis,

i have been speaking to some of my ex-pat mates, some of them have lived and worked out in the far East so know the culture and type of people they are. The Malaysians are into big names, house brand like. Going on what you are saying I think we are going to get Zola.

Don't build your hopes on it Ian! :o

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 am

don't underestimate Robbins, not my first choice but he's got something about him. Had the balls to walk away from Barnsley when the board would not match his ambition done well inb first job at rotheram and says all the right words in interviews.

Tactically we stuglled against his teams despite having the better squad (mind you that happend against other teams as well lol)

I hope for Di Matteo / Newton followed by

Earnie
Ched Evans
Nicky Maynard
Giles Barnes
Lee Bowyer
Michael Brown
Stephen Caldwell
Daryl Flahaven or Andy Lonergan

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 am

Natman Blue wrote:

Only one season???

Natman is Back and ready for my latest post :lol:
After one season you can totally asses a manager in my opinion :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:01 am

sack wrote:don't underestimate Robbins, not my first choice but he's got something about him. Had the balls to walk away from Barnsley when the board would not match his ambition done well inb first job at rotheram and says all the right words in interviews.

Tactically we stuglled against his teams despite having the better squad (mind you that happend against other teams as well lol)

I hope for Di Matteo / Newton followed by

Earnie
Ched Evans
Nicky Maynard
Giles Barnes
Lee Bowyer
Michael Brown
Stephen Caldwell
Daryl Flahaven or Andy Lonergan

strange second choices for a manager there :lol: :lol: