Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT "

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:07 am

Madeski's not a football man.

And all Karen Brady knows about football is shagging the players :lol:

Who's the best out of Robins, Makay, Hughton and Dimatteo.

Who knows, we'd all have diffent opinions, I just hope we pick the 'lucky' one :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 am

sam salim wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT WHO EVER IT IS I WILL GIVE HIM 100% BACKING, LIKE EVERY FAN SHOULD GIVE HIM FOR THE FIRST SEASON "
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am hearing Chris Hughton did not impress Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley Hmm But I am also hearing Hughton was not impressed with them either.
Di Matteo they are still not sure.
" Malky Mackay ", Mark Robins and now Gianfranco Zola are becoming the front runners. I really hope they know what they are doing .

COME ON LETS SORT THIS OUT NOW. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bells gone to Sierra Leone where he has his soccer school.

Annis,

i have been speaking to some of my ex-pat mates, some of them have lived and worked out in the far East so know the culture and type of people they are. The Malaysians are into big names, house brand like. Going on what you are saying I think we are going to get Zola.

Don't build your hopes on it Ian! :o

Not building any hope Sam but just going on what I have experienced on my travels with these different cultures.

I would like ot see O'Driscoll here but that looks like it not even going to start. The guys that have made the starting line though I would like to see Mackey. However I dont think his name is big enough for these Malaysians. Just trying to work out how much 2 + 2 makes. Maths was my strong point at school but i did get some of the sums wrong.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:24 am

Football's got a funny habit of kicking you in the teeth Ian ;) It might be someone we have not even spoken of we could be in for a big shock!!!! :shock:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:34 am

sam salim wrote:Football's got a funny habit of kicking you in the teeth Ian ;) It might be someone we have not even spoken of we could be in for a big shock!!!! :shock:

Aye Sam. A big name would be a shock. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 am

sack wrote:don't underestimate Robbins, not my first choice but he's got something about him. Had the balls to walk away from Barnsley when the board would not match his ambition done well inb first job at rotheram and says all the right words in interviews.

Tactically we stuglled against his teams despite having the better squad (mind you that happend against other teams as well lol)

I hope for Di Matteo / Newton followed by

Earnie
Ched Evans
Nicky Maynard
Giles Barnes
Lee Bowyer
Michael Brown
Stephen Caldwell
Daryl Flahaven or Andy Lonergan

Now this is my kind of post. Can't disagree with anything here tbf :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 am

Mackay, McInnes or Hughton for me.

Not that fussed on a big name, want a manager that's hungry, plays good football and is respected by his players.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:54 am

Annis, your original post here (top of page) has got me thinking....

Do you think that the Dynamic Duo (Gethin and Whiteley) could actually end up costing us a potential top manager??

I could ask the same of an inexperienced Board full stop....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:13 am

Interestingly I heard that Christopher Robins managed the 100 acre Woods team to the final of the Cartoon Character cup last season only to be beaten by the Peppa Pig XI in extra time.

Would prefer him to Mark Robins but only if he leaves Eeyore Behind - we have our resident donkey in place

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:14 am

For me, the board have already made a decision, the man has accepted & he gave the green light for Chopra's exit. However if I'm wrong, then I worried about the thought process of our CEO :o

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:20 am

Blueash wrote:For me, the board have already made a decision, the man has accepted & he gave the green light for Chopra's exit. However if I'm wrong, then I worried about the thought process of our CEO :o

I think there is some element of truth in this. Only time will tell.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:25 am

BBMack wrote:Interestingly I heard that Christopher Robins managed the 100 acre Woods team to the final of the Cartoon Character cup last season only to be beaten by the Peppa Pig XI in extra time.

Would prefer him to Mark Robins but only if he leaves Eeyore Behind - we have our resident donkey in place

Image[/url]

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:44 am

DaveSheffield wrote:
sack wrote:don't underestimate Robbins, not my first choice but he's got something about him. Had the balls to walk away from Barnsley when the board would not match his ambition done well inb first job at rotheram and says all the right words in interviews.

Tactically we stuglled against his teams despite having the better squad (mind you that happend against other teams as well lol)

Earnie
Ched Evans
Nicky Maynard
Giles Barnes
Lee Bowyer
Michael Brown
Stephen Caldwell

Now this is my kind of post. Can't disagree with anything here tbf :ayatollah:

Like your players, we need much more remember, signing al them would still mean we have 19 players + Lee Naylor and younglings, we need a 24 man squad imo. And Lonergan's an ok keeper, inconsistent, and Flavahan is average, good on FM.

Stephen Caldwell is old, very slow and capable of making mistakes, cb is the last position we need to IMPROVE, we just need another one from selling Gyepes to hold the fort, Gerarrd, Hudson, Quinn even, Super Kev even, Keinan, Darcy + 1 more.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
BBMack wrote:Interestingly I heard that Christopher Robins managed the 100 acre Woods team to the final of the Cartoon Character cup last season only to be beaten by the Peppa Pig XI in extra time.

Image[/url]

Many apologies - thanks for taking the time and effort to reply though - means a lot to me

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE I WILL GET THE MANAGER I WANTED BUT WHO EVER IT IS I WILL GIVE HIM 100% BACKING, LIKE EVERY FAN SHOULD GIVE HIM FOR THE FIRST SEASON "

I am hearing Chris Hughton did not impress Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitley Hmm But I am also hearing Hughton was not impressed with them either.
" Malky Mackay ", Mark Robins and now Gianfranco Zola are becoming the front runners. I really hope they know what they are doing .

Annis, in the media it was quoted that Hughton & Di Matteo both had 2nd interviews and were asked to prepare a list of possible players, was this a load of Tosh as usual ? :)

After what you said above i feel a little disappointed, i quite fancied Hughton as well. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Blueash wrote:For me, the board have already made a decision, the man has accepted & he gave the green light for Chopra's exit. However if I'm wrong, then I worried about the thought process of our CEO :o

I would be concerned if the board had moved Chopra on without appointing the manager unless we are going to go down the route of 1st team coach and director of football, with Lenny Lawrence moving into that role.

As he is already advising the board he may have given the go ahead for the sale.

Of course Chopra might have just said after the sacking of DJ "find me a club I'm off"

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:52 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Mackay, McInnes or Hughton for me.

Not that fussed on a big name, want a manager that's hungry, plays good football and is respected by his players.

Exactly. I don't want the club to be seen as a club who have to spend big on a new manager in order to achieve success. I'm not bothered about O'Neill, so any of Mackay, McInnes or Hughton would do me fine as you said Chris :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 pm

It makes me laugh though when people say i want someone qualified to pick the manager because jenkins has no experience then in the next breathe gives their own opinion ffs give them time there more qualified than you remember the saying "fools rush in" and people crying about transfers we were under an embargo this time last year so chill yes we had a better squad but what did that gain us a couple of drunks stay optomistic because if you disagree with the manager youre going to be extra critical over everything we do and then nobody is going to want to manage us just chill

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Out of the Three front runners I'd take the Watford manager I think. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Earnie
Ched Evans
Nicky Maynard
Giles Barnes
Lee Bowyer
Michael Brown
Stephen Caldwell

the only players i would want from there are Bowyer, Lonergan and Maynard
Earnie is debatable but the other's are definitely not at the standard we need
Flahavan is absolutely awful

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:32 pm

this is what i reckon
tg and vt are over today, maybe they want to unveil the new man themselves :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:11 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

this is what i reckon
tg and vt are over today, maybe they want to unveil the new man themselves :ayatollah:

TG and VT are now here, but will they get to speak to Managers like Chris Hughton, Dio Matteo ?

The manager at this ver moment has not been decided.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 pm

bloody hell annis...if they havnet made up there mind yet ,i think its gonna be a few more days

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Only one season???

good job you weren't in charge of fergie then!!! Good job i catch your posts though, you conveniently either forget or dodge the question on mine :-)

Natman is Back and ready for my latest post :lol:
After one season you can totally asses a manager in my opinion :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:18 pm

d20 wrote:bloody hell annis...if they havnet made up there mind yet ,i think its gonna be a few more days

Hmm
So Do I.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:22 pm

For once i really have no idea, even though i like all the updates we get and "knowing" certain things, the fact the club have been so secretive and no real information is being leaked, im just loving the excitement, can't bloody wait till whoever is appointed.....next season will be awesome!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:29 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:For once i really have no idea, even though i like all the updates we get and "knowing" certain things, the fact the club have been so secretive and no real information is being leaked, im just loving the excitement, can't bloody wait till whoever is appointed.....next season will be awesome!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Craig, Honestly the club Dont know themselves yet.

TG and VT are now here, SO HOPEFULLY WE WILL NOW START GETTING IT SORTED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Let,s hope we get someone that show,s passion when we win or lose not like that dummy we had last time

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:42 pm

cynonblue68 wrote:Let,s hope we get someone that show,s passion when we win or lose not like that dummy we had last time

SPOT ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm

maybe all candidates are having a group interview :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Annis

surely if you got the manager you wanted.............you would have wanted Alex Ferguson!!