Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I DON'T THINK THE MANAGERS JOB WAS THAT POPULAR!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 am

I personally dont think that what this forum put out is true - that over 20 applicants applied or were pushed forward by agents for the job at CCFC!!! I rekon some one has been given some crap information trying to raise the profile of the hotseat at Cardiff?

If that was the case then why has it taken 3 weeks to offer an applicant the job! Did they only have to wait for TG to fly back over - as I now understand he is back in Cardiff to make a final decision (as we know, 3 non-football experienced people) on who our manager will be?

Anyones guess is as good as the next mans, and nothing has been made public at all? Nobody has spoken publicly regarding the matter - the club or a prospective manager?

I just think in my head it's been a f*cking complete balls up from start to finish................

or

They have masterminded the most amazing manager coup in the History of CCFC!!!! and I know which one of those I believe! :lol:

I dont care who the manager is anymore, Just get some one in there so we can start rebuilding out team. :ayatollah:

Re: I DON'T THINK THE MANAGERS JOB WAS THAT POPULAR!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:59 am

Craig YOUR TOTALLY WRONG, THE MANAGERS JOB at CCFC WAS VERY VERY POPULAR A FACT.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 am

Until they found out we had no players. :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:06 am

So because the club have kept people guessing, no real leaks as to who the new man will be, by being very professional and business like, its been a complete shambles......come on!!!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:Craig YOUR TOTALLY WRONG, THE MANAGERS JOB at CCFC WAS VERY VERY POPULAR A FACT.

So if it was the popular how come we seem to be on the 10th choice with the likes of Robins & Zola?

Surely if VT and Co. want promotion this season it does seem strange to appoint a manager looking to cut his teeth so to speak.

Logic would be to appoint MON for example who could help the club on all football matters as there needs to be a big influx of players if the goal is promotion this season.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 am

Merlin wrote:I dont care who the manager is anymore

If you truly mean that then you cannot, and do not, have the best interests of my club and yours at heart.

Suffice it to say I'm sure you don't mean it, but instead are suffering from a bout of impatience. It'll pass when the patient folk among us remind you why we're taking the time.

But as an addition - Sheffield United took less than a week to bring in Micky Adams after John Carver said he didn't want the job and was going to Newcastle.. and look at them now!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 am

DaveSheffield wrote:
Merlin wrote:I dont care who the manager is anymore

If you truly mean that then you cannot, and do not, have the best interests of my club and yours at heart.

Suffice it to say I'm sure you don't mean it, but instead are suffering from a bout of impatience. It'll pass when the patient folk among us remind you why we're taking the time.

But as an addition - Sheffield United took less than a week to bring in Micky Adams after John Carver said he didn't want the job and was going to Newcastle.. and look at them now!

Correct Dave, We dont agree on much,, BUT SPOT ON ON THIS, WE NEED THE BEST MANAGER THAT IS OUT THEIR FOR OUR CLUB.
Merlin is also stating hardly anyone wanted the Job, I think Merlin had to many drinks last night :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:07 am

I truely believe that the club would get 20 applications for the managers job why not? One thing is certain our club has come a very long way in the last 10 years and I think we should be disappointed if there wasn't a line of managers wanting the job.

I want this process completed yesterday but as DaveSheffield says that just plain old impatience and like Merlin I'm obviously not alone. Like Merlin I suppose I don't really care who the next manager is as long as he is the right man at this time GJ, AW and ultimately the board will decide.

But like everyone else whoever gets the job has my support because at the end of the day thats our job, the only thing we can truely effect, and thats supporting the team and our club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:09 am

I didn't put across what I meant properly there....

What I really meant was - OUT OF THE CANDIDATES WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT! when I referred to " I don't care about which one our manager is now!"

They are the best we can get now by the looks of things......

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:41 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Craig YOUR TOTALLY WRONG, THE MANAGERS JOB at CCFC WAS VERY VERY POPULAR A FACT.

So if it was the popular how come we seem to be on the 10th choice with the likes of Robins & Zola?

Surely if VT and Co. want promotion this season it does seem strange to appoint a manager looking to cut his teeth so to speak.

Logic would be to appoint MON for example who could help the club on all football matters as there needs to be a big influx of players if the goal is promotion this season.

The Bluebird hierarch have said very little on the whole matter so far and are intent on 'going about their business' in a professional and considered manner. That they have not come running to us with an impractical daily update is IMO one of the things that make these people a class act, i.e. if they have nothing to report then they, erm, say nothing!!

To my mind, the Board (via Gethin Jenkins) keep us as informed as they possible can without 'giving the game away' and making unecessary comments/statements that can come back and bite them in the backside....

None of us know currently who the new manager will be and, to some extent, I am not convinced that they have made their decision 100% at this moment in time. Indeed, the conflicting reports from those (supposedly) in the know tend to back that up and even Carl (rightly) emphasises he is 'only reporting what he has been told'

Personally, I have a feeling that there could be an element surprise to come in the next few days. I don't KNOW that as a FACT but I am beginning to understand how the Board are working, i.e. with big business integrity and (most importantly) with the BEST INTERESTS of Cardiff City Football Club uppermost in their plans....

Have some faith, let them do their own homework and then GET BEHIND the new manager WHOEVER that might be.....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:

The Bluebird hierarch have said very little on the whole matter so far and are intent on 'going about their business' in a professional and considered manner. That they have not come running to us with an impractical daily update is IMO one of the things that make these people a class act, i.e. if they have nothing to report then they, erm, say nothing!!

To my mind, the Board (via Gethin Jenkins) keep us as informed as they possible can without 'giving the game away' and making unecessary comments/statements that can come back and bite them in the backside....

None of us know currently who the new manager will be and, to some extent, I am not convinced that they have made their decision 100% at this moment in time. Indeed, the conflicting reports from those (supposedly) in the know tend to back that up and even Carl (rightly) emphasises he is 'only reporting what he has been told'

Personally, I have a feeling that there could be an element surprise to come in the next few days. I don't KNOW that as a FACT but I am beginning to understand how the Board are working, i.e. with big business integrity and (most importantly) with the BEST INTERESTS of Cardiff City Football Club uppermost in their plans....

Have some faith, let them do their own homework and then GET BEHIND the new manager WHOEVER that might be.....

Agree totally, could be they have come to an agreement with M'ON, never know, but whoever they appoint we have to get behind him from the off. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:

Are we? How do you know this?

Also, how do you know that Tan and TG want promotion this season? Of course it would be welcome but you can't know that they see it as a necessity or as an added bonus like I would.