Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

mid table

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:48 am

think it could be a season of rebuilding next term peoples exspectations should be lowered there will be alot of better equiped sides next season were just going to have to hang in there LETS GET READY FOR THE ROLLERCOASTER RIDE OF OUR LIVES WHICH IS CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: mid table

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:06 am

Having spoken to a lot of people about their expectations everyone's general opinion is that so long as we are mid-table this year, no-one cares. I wonder if we'll all be saying that if we're 2nd at Christmas? :lol:

Ah football, got to love it. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:11 am

Personally i would be happy with mid table and delighted with play offs but what are the malaysians expectations arn't they gunning for promotion?
tbh I cant see that happening as we have a huge rebuild of the squad needed and time is needed for a new team to gel and the current memebers of the squad to learn to play with the new managers style etc.
If I am wrong and we are promoted then I would love it.
Are the malaysians putting uneccesary pressure on or am I missing something form the grand scheme of things

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 am

Personally i would be happy with mid table and delighted with play offs but what are the malaysians expectations arn't they gunning for promotion?
tbh I cant see that happening as we have a huge rebuild of the squad needed and time is needed for a new team to gel and the current memebers of the squad to learn to play with the new managers style etc.
If I am wrong and we are promoted then I would love it.
Are the malaysians putting uneccesary pressure on or am I missing something form the grand scheme of things

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:44 pm

i wont be happy with a mid table finish !! i expect what ever team we have next season an what ever manager we have to give they`re all for promotion !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:05 pm

They sacked dj and said we need a man to take us forward not backwards so that means doing better than dj which can only mean promotion which they are going for.

No point in going backwards it must be promotion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Nonsense we sign a few players and the pressure will be on for top 2.

This time last season we were under a transfer embargo and everyone said midtable was fine. We signed bellers and a few more and anything other than top 2 was a massive failure. We will sign again and top 2 must be the aim.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Nonsense we sign a few players and the pressure will be on for top 2.

This time last season we were under a transfer embargo and everyone said midtable was fine. We signed bellers and a few more and anything other than top 2 was a massive failure. We will sign again and top 2 must be the aim.

Problem being that last season we started with Bothroyd Chopra and Burke. Difficult to replace those three AND add to the squad plus we all know that we need a quality left back a creative/battling midfielder and a decent reserve keeper.
That is why i believe that we ALL need to take a deep breath and perhaps accept that we may have to 'start again' next season and hopefully FLY from there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:49 pm

No people were predicting we would sell last season if we survived. It's no different.
Burke has been poor, chops injured and out of form and according to most out of form half the season.... So surely not that hard to replace? And should be what a new manager wants?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No people were predicting we would sell last season if we survived. It's no different.
Burke has been poor, chops injured and out of form and according to most out of form half the season.... So surely not that hard to replace? And should be what a new manager wants?

What i meant was that we are starting this season with only one recognised striker..Parkin only two recognised midfielders..Whittingham and McPhail and weaknesses in defence and in the goalkeeping position. A very difficult starting point for a new manager.
I agree 100% that a new man should put together his own squad and build a proper TEAM i am just saying that with this in mind then perhaps are expectations should be tempered accordingly. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 pm

im taking each game as is comes.we had the best team in the league last year. and still didnt do f**k all. and? if your good at your job. do you need to be managed?. im not getting caught out again. looking forward to the season. but im going to be living in the real world :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Sony agree at all about the keepers and I think the defence only needs a small tweak.
Midfield and upfront needs a compete overhaul but it's the right time with a new manager.

I don't accept all this doom and gloom, a new manager will already be preparing for whatever club they take.
Who have we actually missed out on? Tyson and king, would they even be wanted, maybe buckley but who says we even have 1m.

I'd rather th right manger with a few weeks to sort the squad than a poorer manager with months.

DJ built our beat squad in weeks and most people here class him as poor....

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Sony agree at all about the keepers and I think the defence only needs a small tweak.
Midfield and upfront needs a compete overhaul but it's the right time with a new manager.

I don't accept all this doom and gloom, a new manager will already be preparing for whatever club they take.
Who have we actually missed out on? Tyson and king, would they even be wanted, maybe buckley but who says we even have 1m.

I'd rather th right manger with a few weeks to sort the squad than a poorer manager with months.

DJ built our beat squad in weeks and most people here class him as poor....

2blue I am not a doom and gloom person. My glass is ALWAYS half full. I agree with you wholeheartedly it is time for a fresh start and we don't need to tweak the defence too much. You never know perhaps the new man will bring in Crouch and Defoe (if it's Houghton)......oops sorry fell off to sleep for a minute and was dreaming!! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 pm

If Glenn huddle can turn Naylor into a good full back then anything can happen :lol: