Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Darcy Blake

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:30 am

For me Darcy is the type of player we need, he plays giving 110% never gives up and gives it a real try. When he played CB for us 2 seasons ago he was fantastic but the disappeared off the radar. When he came on against the jacks last season he played fantastic and was unlucky not to get a goal, bearing in mind was playing at left back.
For me I would love to see the new manager give him a decent crack of whip and I personally think he would make a cracking defensive midfield player as his workrate and energy is huge along with the fact he can pass the ball pretty well

opinions please

Re: Darcy Blake

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:34 am

For effort he can not be faulted but I think the lower half of the championship is the best for him His distribution of the ball makes KeV look like Beckham
We need more than someone like Darcy if that's what we need then I fear we will go backwards

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 am

Maximum effort, but can't pass wind.....squad player at best im afraid :(

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:41 am

I think we should keep him away from midfield to be honest, I think we'd be wasting him there. He'd be OK back-up for centre-half but I was at Watford on one of the very few occasions he did play there last season, and he was abysmal ! He's a full-back for me - any side really. He looked good on the right at home against Reading (both at the back and going forward) and he did very well containing them away when we was on the other side. He was also very good on the left against the jacks away of course when he was excellent against Dyer (one of the best players in the league IMO). :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 am

110% effort doesn't make you the answer to our problems. I agree that he's a squad player, but a good squad player

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:04 am

Blake needs a run of games in the same position to settle into the team. DJ messed him about too much, dropping him after terrific displays such as the win down at Swansea, or moving him from piller to post in defence.

Had we played Blake instead of Naylor or Samuel last season we could be having a very different summer right now.

He's a rough diamond who needs developing but he was better than some of the loanees brought in by DJ.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:09 am

ninianboy1 wrote:Blake needs a run of games in the same position to settle into the team. DJ messed him about too much, dropping him after terrific displays such as the win down at Swansea, or moving him from piller to post in defence.

Had we played Blake instead of Naylor or Samuel last season we could be having a very different summer right now.

He's a rough diamond who needs developing but he was better than some of the loanees brought in by DJ.

He wasn't dropped after Swansea like many people seem to think. He came on at HT for Kev who was injured, so are those people suggesting that they wanted Kev dropped ?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:14 am

not suggesting that at all, just cant understand DJ's logic of bringing in jay lloyd samual on loan when blake could have done a much better job at LB than him or naylor or even both put together

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:16 am

If its enough to be whole hearted and obdurate, no nonsense club player then darcey is the man. BUT is this what you DB admirers see, i see lack of pace, poor distribution and prone to basic errors with poor positioning. Is this down to poor coaching or to the players technical faults. Most players are sticking to managers a plan so its not always easy to see. I remain cautious about him think we need better and should aspire to better players too. :ayatollah: