Re: Ian Holloway

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 pm

aww here we go :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:34 pm

love for holloway to be city manager shows passion on and off the field

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Holloway was 50/1 this morning now 7/1 with Paddy Power? :ayatollah:

Now if it happened and I MEAN A BIG BIG IF " IAN HOLLOWAY " WOULD BE MY FAVOURITE AS MANAGER, BUT ITS A BIG BIG BIG IF.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:49 pm

if holloway came to cardiff i honestly think he would turn the whole club around, he would love our passion and mixed with his who knows what we could achieve, but i dont think there is a cat in hells chance of us getting him ?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Back of the Net wrote:Holloway was 50/1 this morning now 7/1 with Paddy Power? :ayatollah:

Now if it happened and I MEAN A BIG BIG IF " IAN HOLLOWAY " WOULD BE MY FAVOURITE AS MANAGER, BUT ITS A BIG BIG BIG IF.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Has he been approached?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Why, what has Holloway done. Besides being a great bloke he took Blackpool up and brought them straight back down.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:51 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Why, what has Holloway done. Besides being a great bloke he took Blackpool up and brought them straight back down.

they had 39 points with no player or himself earning over £10,000 per week, on a team of nobody's except charlie adam....pretty impressive i think :shock:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:01 pm

one of the best football managers around top bloke as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: he says things as they are straight talking no bolony :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Not for me sorry ! Great, Blackpool were a fantastic story but at the end of the day they were relegated - R-E-L-E-G-A-T-E-D !

I've said this over and over again - he's only done well at clubs with low expectations, i.e Blackpool and Plymouth. Put him in charge at a club with much higher expectations, i.e Leicester, and he gets them relegated.

I don't think he'll ever repeat his success at Blackpool, it was a once in a lifetime achievement.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:15 pm

Would love holloway here,would be awsome if this was true

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:17 pm

i would love to see holloway at cardiff , he is the 1 that could take us to to top !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and he is crazy

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:23 pm

chunkyblue wrote:i would love to see holloway at cardiff , he is the 1 that could take us to to top !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and he is crazy

Mad as a box of frogs

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:26 pm

yup, I would be happy with Holloway! A manager who has proved they can get success at this level on a limited budget and play attractive football at the same time, plus im sure we could beat his salary at Blackpool. What worries me is that it is obvious we havent asked Blackpool permission to talk to him!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Can't see it happening, but I am sure if his name was added to any poll he would come out tops.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Not for me sorry ! Great, Blackpool were a fantastic story but at the end of the day they were relegated - R-E-L-E-G-A-T-E-D !

I've said this over and over again - he's only done well at clubs with low expectations, i.e Blackpool and Plymouth. Put him in charge at a club with much higher expectations, i.e Leicester, and he gets them relegated.

I don't think he'll ever repeat his success at Blackpool, it was a once in a lifetime achievement.

Agree. I think his success at Blackpool was a flash in the pan. I don't rate him at all.

He is full of hot air. It works for a little while but the players and fans soon see through it.

I genuinely think that Holloway would be about as bad an appointment that we could make. He'd take us down.

He's right down there with Strachan and Dowie imo.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Finally some sense :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Wasn't he close mates with DJ? Would have thought they had words about Cardiff.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I hope not, McKay or mcinnes.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Holloway. His side played decent football last year but his whole thing of talking bollocks when on TV and having rants etc just seems like shameless self promotion. The guy's a joke.

Everyone else seems to think he's brilliant. :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Grangetown. End. wrote:I'm not a huge fan of Holloway. His side played decent football last year but his whole thing of talking bollocks when on TV and having rants etc just seems like shameless self promotion. The guy's a joke.

Everyone else seems to think he's brilliant. :roll:

Totally agree, his ego took over and his southampton outburst was cring worthy.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Why, what has Holloway done. Besides being a great bloke he took Blackpool up and brought them straight back down.

they had 39 points with no player or himself earning over £10,000 per week, on a team of nobody's except charlie adam....pretty impressive i think :shock:

Impressive if he kept them up

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:09 pm

Nothing impressive about being a loser

Also I guess robins did a similar job for Barnsley just a league lower down yet he isn't rated?