Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

to me if Hughton

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 pm

if Hughton is even being considered by the board for the managers job they are clueless !!

what has he done got a quality newcastle side promoted which any manager in league 1 or the championship could have done :?

if what i have read is true an the club want a manager to give us premiership football then Hughton is not the the right man for the job sure any1 with a footballing brain can see this an if the board cant see it then we are in trouble !

Re: to me if Hughton

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:25 pm

So newcastle had by far the best squad and got promoted with ease.........last season we had the best squad by far and didnt even make the playoff final! Sometimes the difference can be the manager and how he operates :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:27 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:So newcastle had by far the best squad and got promoted with ease.........last season we had the best squad by far and didnt even make the playoff final! Sometimes the difference can be the manager and how he operates :ayatollah:

but we havent got the sqaud we had last season if we did i would say yes Hughton is the man but we need re-building !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:29 pm

He was doing great at newcastle in the premier league with no extra money. Out of all the possible candidates he has by far the best contacts and probably one of the most respected figures around at the moment in this country anyway :D

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:32 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:He was doing great at newcastle in the premier league with no extra money. Out of all the possible candidates he has by far the best contacts and probably one of the most respected figures around at the moment in this country anyway :D

but he all ready had the players there most the players which got them promoted where premiership players so there was no need to spend big when they got promoted

everyday-im-shuffling wrote:if Hughton is even being considered by the board for the managers job they are clueless !!

what has he done got a quality newcastle side promoted which any manager in league 1 or the championship could have done :?

if what i have read is true an the club want a manager to give us premiership football then Hughton is not the the right man for the job sure any1 with a footballing brain can see this an if the board cant see it then we are in trouble !

I have to totally Disagree with you and I have posted over a Dozen times My reasons why.

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:So newcastle had by far the best squad and got promoted with ease.........last season we had the best squad by far and didnt even make the playoff final! Sometimes the difference can be the manager and how he operates :ayatollah:

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:42 pm

everyday-im-shuffling wrote:if Hughton is even being considered by the board for the managers job they are clueless !!

hughton has so much respect in the game, he would attract quailty players hence a better rebuild
he shows passion and he has coached some of the best players in the country, while dealing with so called 'ego's' causing trouble
he steadied the ship at the toon, andy carroll in turn was sold for a huge amount

you can have the players eg, jay, chops but the manager is the one that motivates/coaches and gives inspiration

hughton possesses all those qualities, most toon fans will agree :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

like i said no doubt CH would have done well last season but we are talking about now and now we dont have the players we had last season !!

so what players from our squad would have got in the Newcastle side which was promoted with CH :/ bellamy mayb super kev the sqaud which got promoted was by far a decent prem sqaud FACT

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:47 pm

But how do we know if he isnt given a chance? i'll support to the hilt the new manager when he comes in, whether i think he's any good or not......if my opinion on it, or any of our opinions on it were worth anything we wouldnt do our current jobs, we'd be CEO's or Director of Football at different clubs. Whoever the new manager is, he needs time and support for at least a season so we can assess next summer to see if we are moving in the right direction or not :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:51 pm

maybe our main aim is to build a team for the next few seasons
theres not really another manager available, realistically, that has built a team from 'scratch' and taken them up in the first season
in fact, theres not one manager in the world that hasnt inherited a squad when they move to a new team
thats football

everyday im shuffling - whos the man for the job?

personally im happy for all candidates :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:51 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:But how do we know if he isnt given a chance? i'll support to the hilt the new manager when he comes in, whether i think he's any good or not......if my opinion on it, or any of our opinions on it were worth anything we wouldnt do our current jobs, we'd be CEO's or Director of Football at different clubs. Whoever the new manager is, he needs time and support for at least a season so we can assess next summer to see if we are moving in the right direction or not :ayatollah:

i totally agree the new man needs time it will not happen over a season an i will support who ever is put in charge!! but i just think there are better options out there than CH that are more suitable to the position we are in :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:52 pm

everyday-im-shuffling wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:But how do we know if he isnt given a chance? i'll support to the hilt the new manager when he comes in, whether i think he's any good or not......if my opinion on it, or any of our opinions on it were worth anything we wouldnt do our current jobs, we'd be CEO's or Director of Football at different clubs. Whoever the new manager is, he needs time and support for at least a season so we can assess next summer to see if we are moving in the right direction or not :ayatollah:

i totally agree the new man needs time it will not happen over a season an i will support who ever is put in charge!! but i just think there are better options out there than CH that are more suitable to the position we are in :ayatollah:

who do you think then :D

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:57 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
everyday-im-shuffling wrote:

who do you think then :D

Derek McInnes
done well to build a squad at SJ on a low budget an also very difficult to attract players to the Scottish league an im in no doubt he has a good knowledge of the players in Scotland who would be within our budget

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Derek McInnes
done well to build a squad at SJ on a low budget an also very difficult to attract players to the Scottish league an im in no doubt he has a good knowledge of the players in Scotland who would be within our budget

i agree with you about mcinnes but theres nothing to suggest hughton would do worse
none of us really know yet
i hop they hurry up, cant be longer than monday otherwise i'll pull my hair out :D

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:03 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
Derek McInnes

i agree with you about mcinnes but theres nothing to suggest hughton would do worse
none of us really know yet
i hop they hurry up, cant be longer than monday otherwise i'll pull my hair out :D

i will back who ever gets the job :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

my hairs falling out anyway so biting my nails instead lol

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Tbh lads Hughton, RDM, Mackay or Mcinnes i wouldn't be dissappointed with they all have their good points from what i've read

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Tbh lads Hughton, RDM, Mackay or Mcinnes i wouldn't be dissappointed with they all have their good points from what i've read

be good if we could mould them into one
roberto hugh mackinnes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:10 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Tbh lads Hughton, RDM, Mackay or Mcinnes i wouldn't be dissappointed with they all have their good points from what i've read

:lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:10 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
we can dream i spose ha

dont think the bookies would agree with u tho lol