Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

High expectation versus reality

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:11 pm

I am new to the board but have read a lot of the posts during the past season.

I may be wrong but genuinely believe that negativity and slagging off of those connected with OUR club(Players

managers and fans alike) along with the misguided belief that we had a divine right to get automatic promotion was counter productive.

Perhaps with hindsight if we had ALL pulled together in the same direction then our dreams may have been achieved.

I have been a City supporter since 1971 and am more than prepared to wait for what are hopefully better times to come, but

I also understand that we may have to take a few paces back to go further forward.

I will get behind the new manager and HIS players from day one through thick and thin until we get it right.

Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds

Re: High expectation versus reality

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Not sure what more we could have done as fans really.

Record levels of attendance at home and the away support is always outstanding.

The players who let themselves and the club down over the last weeks of the season and a manager who was incapable of getting the best out of a talented and extremely well rewarded squad.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Midfield general wrote:So slagging off players and as you put it our divine right to get promotion make the players go out on the town until 4am!!! Give me a break!!!

Negativity can be infectious. If you always critisize some people they can go in to a shell and hide. Sometimes encouragement can bring positive results. A good man manager nows how to get the best out of his team and I believe encouragement is more positive than negativity.
surely Dave jones paid the ultimate price for not being strong enough with the 4am crew (by the way was this transgression a proven fact)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Midfield general wrote:
skybluebird wrote:surely Dave jones paid the ultimate price for not being strong enough with the 4am crew (by the way was this transgression a proven fact)

Yes it was a proven FACT. And at that time NO negativity (Not even me or Annis) was going around the club at the time because EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE thought we were going up. It was the players and the manager who injected further negativity into the club at that time when they stick two fingers up to the club and the supporters.

I am not remotely trying to defend any player who was not prepared to give 100% last season and am more than pleased to see the back of the players that should not (or are not good enough to) wear a city shirt.
Last season was a dreadful season from my own perspective and looking back on it I believe that this was partly due to a massive expectation from a lot of the supporters and a belief that we were almost bound to get automatic promotion just because we believed the hype that we had the best attack in the league.
TEAMS win things not groups of INDIVIDUALS.
I hope that whoever comes in to manage us will be allowed time to build a TEAM and one which will hopefully entertain us along the way.
PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Absolute rubbish!!!!!!! Are we to blame for djs disasters in the transfer Market, his abysmal tactics and selections and the players going out on the piss? NO!!!! the manager and the players have rightly been criticised for a lacklustre campaign! Sometimes in life people deserved to be criticised for not doing the job they are paid very well to do! Yes they also need support at times but last season some of the things that happened were a disgrace!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:11 pm

skybluebird wrote:I am new to the board but have read a lot of the posts during the past season.

I may be wrong but genuinely believe that negativity and slagging off of those connected with OUR club(Players

managers and fans alike) along with the misguided belief that we had a divine right to get automatic promotion was counter productive.

Perhaps with hindsight if we had ALL pulled together in the same direction then our dreams may have been achieved.

I have been a City supporter since 1971 and am more than prepared to wait for what are hopefully better times to come, but

I also understand that we may have to take a few paces back to go further forward.

I will get behind the new manager and HIS players from day one through thick and thin until we get it right.

Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds

:lol: :lol:

Just joined today and Hmm

So YOUR blaming This Forum for Cardiff City Not going UP, I am 45 yrs old and Now I have heard it All.

What do you think was said on the other forum ? What do you think Spurs/Westham/Man Utd Forums say on theirs ?

I am Sorry but theirs Opinions and The DAFTEST/LUBRICOUS POSTS AROUND and YOURS BEATS THEM ALL. CONGRATULATIONS

HERE ARE YOUR FIRST 2 POSTS YOU POSTED TODAY :lol:

Re: " NEW MEMBERS ARE VERY WELCOME "
I am not Baker. I do not know who Baker is. All views and opinions will be mine, and I do not wish to be thought of as someone I am not. TRUST.
by skybluebird

Hi Annis Thank-you for the invitation to join your message board. This is the first time that I have participated in any message board so I am a complete 'Virgin' and like any new kid I am sure that i have plenty to learn from the experts. Looking forward, hopefully, to becoming an active member(pro...
by skybluebird

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skybluebird wrote:I am new to the board but have read a lot of the posts during the past season.

Just joined today and Hmm

So YOUR blaming This Forum for Cardiff City Not going UP, I am 45 yrs old and Now I have heard it All.

What do you think was said on the other forum ? What do you think Spurs/Westham/Man Utd Forums say on theirs ?

I am Sorry but theirs Opinions and The DAFTEST/LUBRICOUS POSTS AROUND and YOURS BEATS THEM ALL. CONGRATULATIONS

HERE ARE YOUR FIRST 2 POSTS YOU POSTED TODAY :lol:

I am not Baker. I do not know who Baker is. All views and opinions will be mine, and I do not wish to be thought of as someone I am not. TRUST.
by skybluebird

Hi Annis Thank-you for the invitation to join your message board. This is the first time that I have participated in any message board so I am a complete 'Virgin' and like any new kid I am sure that i have plenty to learn from the experts. Looking forward, hopefully, to becoming an active member(pro...
by skybluebird

Wow Annis
First of all I introduce myself as a new member and am perceived as being somebody called Baker. I don't know what HE has said or done but all I was expecting was a simple WELCOME to the board. I do not know your type of humour so if you meant it to be a tongue in cheek comment about Baker then I apologise for taking it the wrong way.
Secondly I think I may not have quite worded my next post quite correctly or that you misconstrued what I was trying to say. What I meant to say was that having read various posts during last season I felt that there were QUITE A FEW negative comments written (these were of course balanced by many positive comments) and that if these comments were carried over to the matchday then perhaps they could have led to negative vibes in the ground.
All i am really saying is if an individual tries to give his best then I will support him 100% If I believe that is not the case then I will of course criticize like anyone else.
Of course we have every right to expect the manager to recognise the shortcomings of his team and to 'put things right'. I have been a supporter of what Dave Jones did for the club, but also believed that HIS team failed to perform to our expectations and he rightly paid the price.
I had no intention of blaming the Forum for anything and enjoyed observing the conflicting views and opinions expressed.
DEBATE IMPROVES THE PERSON. I may have a view or belief about something but if someone persuades me with reasoned debate that I am wrong then I will modify my beliefs accordingly.
Finally i am dissapointed that my posts are the MOST LUDICROUS that you have ever read. I don't believe I deserved that.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Sky, Oh Okay I appreciate your points of view and hopefully I got it wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sky, Oh Okay I appreciate your points of view and hopefully I got it wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am sure you have.
I will try to express my views properly from here on in. As I said i am a newcomer to this whole experience and hopefully will be a welcome participant. THAT'S IF I AM STILL WELCOME ON HERE?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:09 pm

skybluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sky, Oh Okay I appreciate your points of view and hopefully I got it wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am sure you have.
I will try to express my views properly from here on in. As I said i am a newcomer to this whole experience and hopefully will be a welcome participant. THAT'S IF I AM STILL WELCOME ON HERE?

Your very welcome on here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:12 pm

skybluebird wrote:

I am sure you have.

A baptism of fire buddy !! Your views are very welcome......I think ! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:20 pm

moonboots wrote:
skybluebird wrote:

I am sure you have.

A baptism of fire buddy !! Your views are very welcome......I think ! :ayatollah:

Almost gave up before i started. If i had done that 40 years ago then my life would have been a lot easier 'cos i would not have fallen in love with the city. Still.....no regrets. I guess i am a typical city fan....kick me and i will get back up and ask for more!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: