Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FAO: Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whiteley

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:18 pm

It's not even July :? We didnt even sign a player til August last season :S Drinkwater didnt even arrive til 8th July either. People need to chill the hell out.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:26 pm

What was?

Danny Drinkwater was registered until after the emgargo was lifted in August, but Danny Drinkwater arrived July 8th. Nearly 4 weks from now. New manager could come in Monday have have signed 3 players by July 8th, still with a month before the season starts.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Quite a few clubs must be a laughing stock as they are also taking a long time to get the right man in charge.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Why is anyone comparing this season to last season? We had a manager and far more players! I agree with the first post in the main! Clubs are already in negotiations with players and we are coming to the table late. With every extra day we take to appoint someone, it's harming our re-building process

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Why is anyone comparing this season to last season? We had a manager and far more players! I agree with the first post in the main! Clubs are already in negotiations with players and we are coming to the table late. With every extra day we take to appoint someone, it's harming our re-building process

Because there are 8 weeks left before the next season starts and we'll have a manager by the time Monday is finished.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:47 pm

only reason villa are a laughing stock is the whole appointment of houllier and withdrawal of interview to steve mac because of fans backlash. CCFC are making sure they get this right, get some patience we are doing things properly for once!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:Well the laughing stock of waiting two weeks to sack Jones....? Like it or not there is not much difference between Villa and City with their recent attitudes in recruiting their new managers

what planet are you currently occupying?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:57 pm

I'd rather have the right man by Monday than the wrong man today :?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:00 pm

We had an end of season review before we sacked DJ. If we had sacked him within 24hrs after playoff via finishing 4th we would look ridiculous......by waiting and doing things the right way, we look as though we care and explore all options not just dive in 2 footed. We are interviewing people, this takes time....we need to get this right, i cant see why people cant understand that :old:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Looking ridiculous is sacking the manager in the tunnel ala Chelsea or in the sway boardroom ala west ham! 24s later would be more than reasonable

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:We had an end of season review before we sacked DJ. If we had sacked him within 24hrs after playoff via finishing 4th we would look ridiculous......by waiting and doing things the right way, we look as though we care and explore all options not just dive in 2 footed. We are interviewing people, this takes time....we need to get this right, i cant see why people cant understand that :old:

End of season reveiw..? Im sure everyone could come to that conculsion at half time in the second leg of the semi-final. People say West Ham looked bad when they sacked Grant straight after the Wigan game yet they've now got Big Sam in charge and already looking for players. Did they need a 'end of season review'..? NO

Pissing about for two weeks after the Reading game has had a knock-on effect on the amount of time we have in recruiting players.

Your right, we only have 56 days to sign players....what the hell was i thinking :roll: :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:12 pm

if we were starting the season in a week id be worried......truth is most players are away on holiday and such like.....just stop panicking, im positive the new manager will be in place by mid-week at the latest if the current info is correct that VT/TG are here and had a board meeting today to finalise who they want :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Midfield general wrote:
RFMH wrote:I'd rather have the right man by Monday than the wrong man today :?

and we could have had the right man two weeks ago if they got rid of Jones straight away saving us two weeks of pissing about.

Not if they had decided Dave Jones was the right man as we'd have sacked him :S

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Midfield general wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:if we were starting the season in a week id be worried......truth is most players are away on holiday and such like.....just stop panicking, im positive the new manager will be in place by mid-week at the latest if the current info is correct that VT/TG are here and had a board meeting today to finalise who they want :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just because players are on holidays things dont just stop. They agents are doing the footwork for them yet there's no-one in the Cardiff hotseat which the agents can tout their players too and it must have an effect when we aren't even at the starting block to sign players. Come on Wayne you aren't that naive. You know the world of football like everyone else.

Do you not think the potential managers have already started to sound out players, just telling their agents "if i get the CCFC job, would your client be interested" we know tapping up is rife, im still convinced we will be fine, if not i will gladly do something not very nice :D :D