Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Talkshite - Roger Johnson

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:17 pm

According to talk sport and Rogers agent , Birmingham have put him up for sale, apparently alerting arsenal , Liverpool and spurs. Unbelievable how far he's come in a short space of time. Strange decision by brum mind you!

Re: Talkshite - Roger Johnson

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:18 pm

how much did we sell him for?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Spurs would be a good move as he can play more than one game a fortnight and they have saved themselves some dosh by bringing in Friedel on a free.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:19 pm

in one of the papers this week . it said rj was for sale, for. 14 million pounds :o

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:21 pm

We sold for 5m I believe.

I can't see anyone paying more than 8m personally.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Arsenal need him more than any of those. Could easily do a good job at any. Brilliant CB :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:28 pm

arsenal i think they need good centre back. 8 mil for him tho anymore would be a bit over the top.

good to see how far he come tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Someone told me last week that Man Utd were looking at him. They've just bought some other defender though haven't they?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:37 pm

i said last year to my mates ...he,ll play for england...especially if he gets a big move

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:47 pm

d20 wrote:i said last year to my mates ...he,ll play for england...especially if he gets a big move

i thought rj. would be in the england squad before jay :roll:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Should have had a big move last season IMO and a England call up a cb u can always rely on !

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:52 pm

i was arguing in work with a scumfuck the other day....over what i hear you ask.....that ashley williams is a better cb than RJ....f*cking ludicrous i tell thee

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:58 pm

do we have any type of percentage of a sell on clause on him then?? i doubt the riddler got one in there to be honest :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Ash Williams better than rog :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:11 pm

boyosback wrote:According to talk sport and Rogers agent , Birmingham have put him up for sale, apparently alerting arsenal , Liverpool and spurs. Unbelievable how far he's come in a short space of time. Strange decision by brum mind you!

and this is why e need to bring in hungry players from the lower divisions :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Like taiwo?

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Like taiwo?

no,like roger johnson

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Liverpool have offererd 10.5 million for him.

They want more british talent in their squad

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:12 pm

krab wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Like taiwo?

no,like roger johnson

Point is just because they are lower league doesn't mean they are good enough or hungry enough.
Decent lower league players also have massive egos, don't think just because they are legue 1 or 2 that they will run there balls off.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Roger johnson was 1 of the best ever players to play for us in recent years. He was absolute quality in the air defensively and at scoring headers. Great player. We probably could have got more than the 5 mil we sold him for.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Good for Roger if he gets a move to a big club, deserved reward for him ! :ayatollah:

I don't get the thing with Scott Dann though; yes he's a quality player but for me he's just as good as Johnson. He probably looks better when he plays with Johnson, and vice versa ! The partnership is key for not just Birmingham, but also their individual value/rating !

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Agreed, when Danns was out Johnson didnt look anywhere near as composed or strong.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:04 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Good for Roger if he gets a move to a big club, deserved reward for him ! :ayatollah:

I don't get the thing with Scott Dann though; yes he's a quality player but for me he's just as good as Johnson. He probably looks better when he plays with Johnson, and vice versa ! The partnership is key for not just Birmingham, but also their individual value/rating !

A partnership that took them down.

I think Rog must be worth 8 million at the least and more if they set up a bidding war.