Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Young players

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Hopefully the new manager who comes in treats these young players with sum respect an gives them a decent chance to prove themselves ok some are gona make mistakes on an off the pitch but hopefully they are treated fairly and not pushed out ov the club !

Anybody know if there are any decent ones on the verge ov breaking into the squad ??

Re: Young players

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 pm

this is a delicate situation. if they make a mistake. it could cost you 3 points. ive always thought its better to bring the youngsters on when your 4-0 up. but after the peterbrough game when we were 4-0 up half time. what the hell do i know :lol:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 pm

I think Jordan Santiago, Jon Meades, Nathaniel Jarvis and Ibrahim Farrah are the best coming through at the minute and are in the squad along with Wildig & Blake for next season.

By all accounts Farrah is by and large the best of the lot, but I agree they should be given the chance to prove themselves if they keep their head down, act professional (important one!) and show the hunger needed. I think we'll be lucky to get one close to the standard we've come to expect lately (Ledley, Rambo etc).

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:03 pm

I never got this "give them a chance" talk...fair enough of they are good enough but if they arent then why would you put them in. As soon as one young player makes a mistake that costs us our fans would be on them and write them off....ive seen it happen.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:15 pm

I do agree with that, matthews should have been loaned out at the start of the season along with Wildig.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I never got this "give them a chance" talk...fair enough of they are good enough but if they arent then why would you put them in. As soon as one young player makes a mistake that costs us our fans would be on them and write them off....ive seen it happen.

I'm not saying just throw them into the squad as soon as they impress I mean if they are giving 100% in training an looking after them selves an show commitment why not give them a game obv they have to earn the right to have a chance but if they are giving 100% and not getting a chance they will start to think it's not worth it : /

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:29 pm

thats fine but people are assuming we have young players who are capable, im not sure we do.

Adam Matthews people raved about and everytime I seen him he looked average at very best.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:31 pm

ninianblue wrote:this is a delicate situation. if they make a mistake. it could cost you 3 points. ive always thought its better to bring the youngsters on when your 4-0 up. but after the peterbrough game when we were 4-0 up half time. what the hell do i know :lol:

I'd say if the manager thinks they are ready for a run out then us as fans should respect his decisions win or lose :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:59 pm

everyday-im-shuffling wrote:
ninianblue wrote:this is a delicate situation. if they make a mistake. it could cost you 3 points. ive always thought its better to bring the youngsters on when your 4-0 up. but after the peterbrough game when we were 4-0 up half time. what the hell do i know :lol:

I'd say if the manager thinks they are ready for a run out then us as fans should respect his decisions win or lose :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

or. when you won the league in march :ayatollah: :lol: