Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SKY SPORTS NEWS MCLAREN WHAT THE f**k

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 am

Named Forest Boss good luck Notttingham :lol: :ayatollah:

Re: SKY SPORTS NEWS MCLAREN WHAT THE f**k

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:43 am

Bet the fans are fuming..........I would be!!!!!!!!!!

Mid table next season

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:51 am

LutonBluebird wrote:Bet the fans are fuming..........I would be!!!!!!!!!!

Mid table next season

Very much an underrated manager. People jump on the medias bandwagon...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

PERSONALLY I THINK HES SHIT BUT EVERYONE HAS THEIR OPINION WHAT HE DID at FC tWENTE will be the only good thing he did in management . Oh ashit i forgot there was one other thing HE FUCKED THE SHIT OUT OF ENGLAND :lol: :ayatollah: For that i change my mind go on Stevie the wolly with the brolly Mclaren :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:58 am

nerd wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Bet the fans are fuming..........I would be!!!!!!!!!!

Mid table next season

Very much an underrated manager. People jump on the medias bandwagon...

He guided a very average Middlesbrough side to the UEFA Cup Final and won the Dutch Premier League that had been dominated by PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord for decades with a team of relative unknowns.

This might surprise people but I am actually worried that Forest might be a major force next season as in title contenders.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 am

I think they have a much better chance with mcclaren than with Davies.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 am

He builds a club, really gives youth a chance. He was too young for England manager. He has vast contacts as well. I make Forest one of the favourites for promotion now.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:14 am

He has won more and done more than most managers in the UK, let alone Championship.

Yes he had a horrid time as Engalnd manager, but lets be honest he was coming in as 4th-5th choice and the media never took to him so he was under sonstant pressure from the word go. He was poor at Wolsfburg but sometimes shit happens and it just doesn't work out. I'm sure people on here have had jobs when everyone around them was a pain in the ass to work with and it never clicked. It happens in management.

But he won the League Cup with Boro and took them to the UEFA Cup final. He then won the Dutch League with FC Twente for the first time in their history and becoming the first manager to break the strangle hold Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord had on the league dor the last 30 years.

If it works for him at Forest expect to see them in the Premier League next year. He's got bags of experience and will be able to attract players there much better than a manager who's new to the game. Brilliant signing for Forest and I think he'll do well next year.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 am

Thats the difference between a professional run club than our shoddy people, 2 weeks in and still nobody.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 am

f**k me them forest fans make the ant hill mob look like models :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 am

Maclaren was my number one choice and I'm gutted Foresr have got him ! None of the candidates we are linked with have a record to compare with Maclarens! At small to medium clubs, on a tight budget, he has worked wonders and he has some great contacts! I really think we've missed the boat on this one!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:29 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Thats the difference between a professional run club than our shoddy people, 2 weeks in and still nobody.

I'd rather the club take it's time and get the right man than rush anything.
And I am certain that Steve McClaren has been in talks with Forest for a while and certain Davies was only going to be sacked when a replacement was found. So it's not like the Forest board did everything in the last 2 days, they'd have been looking for a replacement for weeks.

The only difference is that we sacked DJ and then looked for a replacement.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:33 am

Excelent appointment.

Forest are lucky to have him. With his experience and contacts, the bloke is a winner as a coach and a manager.

2 dissapointments with England and Wolfsburg who sold their best player but that aside
what he achieved at Boro and Twente was top class.

and his record as a coach at Manchester United, first class.

Would have loved to have had him.

Lucky Bastards.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 am

great appointment by forrest

a man with a footballing brain with lots ov contacts in england an abroad !

forrest will be promoted

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Thats the difference between a professional run club than our shoddy people, 2 weeks in and still nobody.

they probably knew that davies was going at the end ov the season but waited to sack him until they found the right man

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:01 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:

I'd rather the club take it's time and get the right man than rush anything.
And I am certain that Steve McClaren has been in talks with Forest for a while and certain Davies was only going to be sacked when a replacement was found. So it's not like the Forest board did everything in the last 2 days, they'd have been looking for a replacement for weeks.

The only difference is that we sacked DJ and then looked for a replacement.

In time the best players move on or are already in negotiation with other clubs and we loose out, its shoddy business & money saving and no doubt we'll most probably appoint the cheapest applicant.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:10 am

great coach shit manager

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 am

I hope he masters the Nottingham accent for his interviews

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:33 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I hope he masters the Nottingham accent for his interviews

brilliant remember that comedy dutch accent what a prick :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I hope he masters the Nottingham accent for his interviews

brilliant remember that comedy dutch accent what a prick :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:55 pm

didnt man utd win the treble to when mclaren was fergies number two! .... cracking choice by forest!