Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BILLY DAVIES WOULD BE BRILLIANT FOR CITY

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 am

I think he is a fans manager bit like a Warnock where you love him or hate him he respects the fans and oozes passion. He would acknowledge the MASSIVE city away support and make sure the players would as well i think he would be a brilliant manager who wears his heart on his sleeve . Just my opinion on the guy but i have a lot of respect for Davies walking through the crowd of Jacks running on the pitch after the defeat of the playoff final and acknowledged the Forest away support before leaving the pitch . Get him in he would be a gem of a manager . :ayatollah:

Re: BILLY DAVIES WOULD BE BRILLIANT FOR CITY

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:57 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:I think he is a fans manager bit like a Warnock where you love him or hate him he respects the fans and oozes passion. He would acknowledge the MASSIVE city away support and make sure the players would as well i think he would be a brilliant manager who wears his heart on his sleeve . Just my opinion on the guy but i have a lot of respect for Davies walking through the crowd of Jacks running on the pitch after the defeat of the playoff final and acknowledged the Forest away support before leaving the pitch . Get him in he would be a gem of a manager . :ayatollah:

i kind of agree. im 50/50 on him.....he would certainly bring us alot closer to the players like you say. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 am

milly44 wrote:i kind of agree. im 50/50 on him.....he would certainly bring us alot closer to the players like you say. :ayatollah:

Im the same, i like some of him but is some things i hate :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:59 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:I think he is a fans manager bit like a Warnock where you love him or hate him he respects the fans and oozes passion. He would acknowledge the MASSIVE city away support and make sure the players would as well i think he would be a brilliant manager who wears his heart on his sleeve . Just my opinion on the guy but i have a lot of respect for Davies walking through the crowd of Jacks running on the pitch after the defeat of the playoff final and acknowledged the Forest away support before leaving the pitch . Get him in he would be a gem of a manager . :ayatollah:

I hope you are joking, mate.

StT.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:

I hope you are joking, mate.

StT.

100% truth i like the guy and a lot of respect for him never doubted his team even when they went into a slump. Not everyone will agree and everyone is entitled to their own opinion it would be a good move i think with City needing to inject the passion back into the team the fans and the City itself he would be a move forward rather than backwards .

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Ah, that's all right then.

he applauds fans.

Clearly the criteria to be the best manager around then.

Let's just ignore the bottle job against Blackpool in the playoffs last season by Forest. And indeed, blowing it against Swansea.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Billy Davies? Definately not. He bottles it worse than DJ.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Billy Davies !!! hate the horrible little rat and wouldnt want him anywhere near our club :evil:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Totally agree, would love to have Billy Davies here ! He's a horrible little bugger but there is no question that he has passion and generally makes good signings and gives younger players a chance ! would love to see him here rather than MM

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:54 pm

It's not passion and acknowleding the fans that gets a club promotion, it's what the players do on the pitch once they have crossed that white line. Please tell me what Billy Davies has achieved as a manager that Dave Jones hasn't.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:04 pm

You shouldn't forget his classic post match comments two years ago when he said forest shouldnt be able to compete with a team like Cardiff when they have talent like eddie Johnson on the bench.