Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE GOOD NEWS IS "

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
nugent wrote:
bluecyw wrote:Just wondering why you bought a season ticket in the first place Nugent (im not having a go at you) if you are only going to go to certain games it would have been a waste of money

cos i was too scared of us gaining promotion and not being able to go, beacause of many "plastics" trying to jump on the bandwagon.
now i know i can go whenever i feel like,
thing is its not just my ticket see, its for missus and kids which was 800 bucks, i know for a fact hundreds if not a 1000 have cancelled.
yes many maybe were plastics but i dont agree with some people on here slagging "plastics" off, we had 17k st holders last season, im sure some people would rather the 3k fans from the old days, which i was part of when i was young

Please explain how you would know for a fact that hundreds maybe 1000 have cancelled? If you are trying to make out that you know these people personally then sorry but I don't believe you.

the guy on phone told my mate when he cancelled his. my mates 5 and my 4 make 9 tickets to start.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:07 pm

City is for life not just for the 'Glory games' :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm

blueheaven wrote:City is for life not just for the 'Glory games' :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

glory games watching cardiff? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
hirwaunbluebird wrote:but thhose so called fans will be first in the queue when a big game comes around. :ayatollah:
I'm sorry but how can u call them fans, here is an appropiate description of them... They are glory hunters, the type of people that only go to the games when the City are doing well or when a big game comes up. It really makes me sick people like that. I've been supporting my beloved Bluebirds for 40 years + and a season ticket holder for over 15 years, 9 years of that whilst living in Tenerife and 1 and a half years whilst living in Canada. I'll be there no matter what as I always have, thru good times and thru bad times, with whatever manager and whatever players because to me it is still and always will be Cardiff City and no manager or player is ever going to be bigger. I will NEVER desert Cardiff City FC. Heres to all loyal supporters and long may it continue. With my little pick and shovel, I'll be there! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hi steve, it,s paul from hawick, hope you and the family are ok?? i,m still going to tenerife every new year (palm beach club) i,m on here every night so look forward to speaking to you soon!!!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

A football team is for life, not just for Wembley! the jacks cough cough

No matter what I'll watch the City. Whoever our manager is, because I support the club through thick and thin. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:38 pm

cityone wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
hirwaunbluebird wrote:but thhose so called fans will be first in the queue when a big game comes around. :ayatollah:
I'm sorry but how can u call them fans, here is an appropiate description of them... They are glory hunters, the type of people that only go to the games when the City are doing well or when a big game comes up. It really makes me sick people like that. I've been supporting my beloved Bluebirds for 40 years + and a season ticket holder for over 15 years, 9 years of that whilst living in Tenerife and 1 and a half years whilst living in Canada. I'll be there no matter what as I always have, thru good times and thru bad times, with whatever manager and whatever players because to me it is still and always will be Cardiff City and no manager or player is ever going to be bigger. I will NEVER desert Cardiff City FC. Heres to all loyal supporters and long may it continue. With my little pick and shovel, I'll be there! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hi steve, it,s paul from hawick, hope you and the family are ok?? i,m still going to tenerife every new year (palm beach club) i,m on here every night so look forward to speaking to you soon!!!!

Hi Paul, hows it going mate. We are all fine thanks, hope you are too. Speak to you soon buddy.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:47 pm

What are you up to steve, do you still get out to tenerife??????

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
langley wrote:cant believe anyone asked for a refund, they should not even be called a 'fan'

I Totally Agree .

What if those dozen fans out of 17,000 can't afford to renew? You shouldn't jump to conclusions

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
langley wrote:cant believe anyone asked for a refund, they should not even be called a 'fan'

I Totally Agree .

What if those dozen fans out of 17,000 can't afford to renew? You shouldn't jump to conclusions

??? Who is jumping to conclusions :roll: :roll:
?
Not that they have not renewed, Asked for their money back :roll:

Always get one :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:58 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I Totally Agree .

I think what is being said is that they renewed and are now asking for their money back because we didnt get promoted or whatever so that tells me they could afford it when they renewed so why not now. I dont blame anyone for not renewing at all because of cost, cant afford it, etc etc, but these people whoever they are, are asking for their money back, there is a difference. There again I may be wrong :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 pm

What if those dozen fans out of 17,000 can't afford to renew? You shouldn't jump to conclusions[/quote]

I think what is being said is that they renewed and are now asking for their money back because we didnt get promoted or whatever so that tells me they could afford it when they renewed so why not now. I dont blame anyone for not renewing at all because of cost, cant afford it, etc etc, but these people whoever they are, are asking for their money back, there is a difference. There again I may be wrong :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Spot on, But he knew that really :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:01 pm

cityone wrote:What are you up to steve, do you still get out to tenerife??????

Paul click on my name and email me or private message me mate lol, there is a debate going on here and we are using it like messenger :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What if those dozen fans out of 17,000 can't afford to renew? You shouldn't jump to conclusions

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Spot on, But he knew that really :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

yea I know lol but was still making the point :mrgreen: by the way Annis, I saw you this morning walking across the road by the roath funeral home, it was me at the lights that called you lol :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:32 pm

To many glory supporters these are the ones that wanted there season tickets back.

I cant wait for the season to start lots going to happen at the club to keep you exited but some people are never happy well they should be Cardiff City is never boring is it . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: that's how you do an ayatollah Annis :lol: as if you didn't no. :roll:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:" THE GOOD NEWS IS OUR FANS HAVE STAYED VERY LOYAL "

Yes about a dozen fans did ask for their season ticket money to be stopped/or refunded :evil: , but another 50 odd have bought or renewed . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" SO WE GO IN TO 2011-12 SEASON WITH WELL OVER 17,000 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ACCORDING TO OUR CLUB "

SO WE HAVE DONE OUR BIT, NOW ITS UP TO OUR CLUB TO DELIVER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CARDIFF CITY STILL NO 1 IN WALES WITH SUPPORT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Excellent news, can't believe there are pricks that give up the chance to see every week what us exiles yearn for just once a year.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:We could have frodo baggins as manager with a squad on hobbits and id still turn up! Some people make no sense to me

Well, you wouldn't have to put up with DJ's "long ball" game with that team! - "To feet , to feet!" :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 am

nugent wrote:
bluecyw wrote:Just wondering why you bought a season ticket in the first place Nugent (im not having a go at you) if you are only going to go to certain games it would have been a waste of money

cos i was too scared of us gaining promotion and not being able to go, beacause of many "plastics" trying to jump on the bandwagon.
now i know i can go whenever i feel like,
thing is its not just my ticket see, its for missus and kids which was 800 bucks, i know for a fact hundreds if not a 1000 have cancelled.
yes many maybe were plastics but i dont agree with some people on here slagging "plastics" off, we had 17k st holders last season, im sure some people would rather the 3k fans from the old days, which i was part of when i was young

There's another element to this; it keeps the club on their toes if people "vote with their feet." If people turned up irrespective of how good the team was, there would be less incentive for the club to maintain quality on the pitch.

Re: " AND THE BAD NEWS IS "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 pm

:( :( :( :( shearer :( :( :( :(
the only good news could be that jones would end up being a number two

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:

CARDIFF CITY STILL NO 1 IN WALES WITH SUPPORT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Leeds, Forest, Derby, Ipswich, Leicester, Southampton etc, all have more support than us, but lets be realistic shall we, none of us are in The Premiership. I'd swap the numbers for the wedge. Give me the ninety million!

Re: " AND THE BAD NEWS IS "

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:04 am

The Premier 1 wrote::( :( :( :( shearer :( :( :( :(
the only good news could be that jones would end up being a number two

glad none of that true yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss