Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Attack of the messageboards!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Jesus Christ-This f*cking board. Do you know something-in the real world, nobody gives a toss. We're all Cardiff fans but now freakishly there's a childish message board rivalry. I've always enjoyed Mikes'board and have become far more educated on City over the years from the experience ,and my favourite poster since it's genesis has been Dave Sugarman. It's incredible the amount of bans and posts deleted on this website. TLG is IMHO the best writer by a country mile I've seen on the subjects involving Cardiff City. His posts are always astute, eloquent and historically accurate. 90% of the time on both boards I get bored to tears with the inane pointless drivel, but if the thread has The Lone Gunman tagged to it, I'll mostly open it(apart from his dodgy taste in music and Spiders)...One thing I've never seen though is actual personal abuse from him. Lots of Tongue in cheek posts ie Carls'updates, but don't take offence. If something is being parodied like the updates, as the old saying goes"imitation is the best form of flattery. The daily rumours on here are taken with a pinch of salt and the banning orders and constant deleting of threads is making a mockery of what can be on times, an interesting forum. Some people here need to start breaking bread with the'other side'. Giving TLG a right to reply on here would help not hinder the forum. It's those jack cnuts we should be devoting our aggression on. They're the ones who have taken our rightful place(for a year at least). In the words of Mahatma Ghandi

"Why can't we just all get along" :-)

Re: Attack of the messageboards!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Anthony, AS USUAL All been DELETED BY MYSELF ON THIS FORUM, HOPE IT IS DELETED ON ANOTHER MB :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:31 pm

TLG was given the right to reply last sunday when he was unbanned, he then refused to answer any questions!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:42 pm

CityGent wrote:Jesus Christ-This f*cking board. Do you know something-in the real world, nobody gives a toss. We're all Cardiff fans but now freakishly there's a childish message board rivalry. I've always enjoyed Mikes'board and have become far more educated on City over the years from the experience ,and my favourite poster since it's genesis has been Dave Sugarman. It's incredible the amount of bans and posts deleted on this website. TLG is IMHO the best writer by a country mile I've seen on the subjects involving Cardiff City. His posts are always astute, eloquent and historically accurate. 90% of the time on both boards I get bored to tears with the inane pointless drivel, but if the thread has The Lone Gunman tagged to it, I'll mostly open it(apart from his dodgy taste in music and Spiders)...One thing I've never seen though is actual personal abuse from him. Lots of Tongue in cheek posts ie Carls'updates, but don't take offence. If something is being parodied like the updates, as the old saying goes"imitation is the best form of flattery. The daily rumours on here are taken with a pinch of salt and the banning orders and constant deleting of threads is making a mockery of what can be on times, an interesting forum. Some people here need to start breaking bread with the'other side'. Giving TLG a right to reply on here would help not hinder the forum. It's those jack cnuts we should be devoting our aggression on. They're the ones who have taken our rightful place(for a year at least). In the words of Mahatma Ghandi

I agree

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Some of the comments at this site from Mikes have been really over the top, earlier today this was a post by Eddie May ON CCMB, a tirade of abuse in his post calling Carl a c**** and even stronger. These people need to get a grip. There s troops dying, people starving, people craving democracy being slaughtered and yet some posters still just want to Slag Gwynne, Carl , Annis or even vice versa with abuse at TLG fully agree City Gent people need to refrain from this and I hope the mods can stop these posts before they escalate.

It's actually annoying me and driving me away from both boards.

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Some of the comments at this site from Mikes have been really over the top, earlier today this was a post by Eddie May, a tirade of abuse in his post calling Carl a c**** and even stronger. These people need to get a grip. There s troops dying, people starving, people craving democracy being slaughtered and yet some posters still just want to Slag Gwynne, Carl , Annis or even vice versa with abuse at TLG fully agree City Gent people need to refrain from this and I hope the mods can stop these posts before they escalate.

It works both ways. This board does it too.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Some of the comments at this site from Mikes have been really over the top, earlier today this was a post by Eddie May, a tirade of abuse in his post calling Carl a c**** and even stronger. These people need to get a grip. There s troops dying, people starving, people craving democracy being slaughtered and yet some posters still just want to Slag Gwynne, Carl , Annis or even vice versa with abuse at TLG fully agree City Gent people need to refrain from this and I hope the mods can stop these posts before they escalate.

It is down to both boards to delete the threads that are causing all of this and also to tell the culprits to bugger off. If they want to continue this childish behaviour then tell them to go and do their own forums.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

It is down to both boards to delete the threads that are causing all of this and also to tell the culprits to bugger off. If they want to continue this childish behaviour then tell them to go and do their own forums.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:50 pm

In fairness I sorta complained about a thread on here tonight, and within a couple of minutes Annis removed it! I normally post more over on CCMB and dont get involved in slanging matches, but it does get out of hand from both sides!
It must be a f*cking mare for the moderators to control, some people need a reality check!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I'd say it happens way less on this board. If it happened as much as elsewhere, then I wouldn't be posting here because that type of stuff annoys the f**k out of me.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 pm

CityGent,

TLG is a good writer. I give him absolute credit on that score. Forum posts other there, eh, jumping down peoples throats over any little mistake, any little lack of knowledge in a heavily sarcastic manner; others copy that style having seen it endorsed by mods there, hence CCMB in the poor state it is right now...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm not being funny but how do you want us to perceive a poster who I've never met making statements about this Forum and It's members, the said poster has made numerous attacks on EVERY member by posting ANYONE who posts on here has half a brain cell :twisted: ....we are Wankers, Spineless, Faceless :twisted: .............so citygent I respect your opinion, but see it from the other side of the fence, his "tarring with the same brush" attitude has got up a few peoples noses. I can see by his postings that he's not a mug, but he does let himself down with the continual sniping. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:19 pm

CityGent wrote:Jesus Christ-This f*cking board. Do you know something-in the real world, nobody gives a toss. We're all Cardiff fans but now freakishly there's a childish message board rivalry. I've always enjoyed Mikes'board and have become far more educated on City over the years from the experience ,and my favourite poster since it's genesis has been Dave Sugarman. It's incredible the amount of bans and posts deleted on this website. TLG is IMHO the best writer by a country mile I've seen on the subjects involving Cardiff City. His posts are always astute, eloquent and historically accurate. 90% of the time on both boards I get bored to tears with the inane pointless drivel, but if the thread has The Lone Gunman tagged to it, I'll mostly open it(apart from his dodgy taste in music and Spiders)...One thing I've never seen though is actual personal abuse from him. Lots of Tongue in cheek posts ie Carls'updates, but don't take offence. If something is being parodied like the updates, as the old saying goes"imitation is the best form of flattery. The daily rumours on here are taken with a pinch of salt and the banning orders and constant deleting of threads is making a mockery of what can be on times, an interesting forum. Some people here need to start breaking bread with the'other side'. Giving TLG a right to reply on here would help not hinder the forum. It's those jack cnuts we should be devoting our aggression on. They're the ones who have taken our rightful place(for a year at least). In the words of Mahatma Ghandi
i agree with what youy say,but dont think that its only people on here that snipe,unfortunately it works both ways :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Marc wrote:I'm not being funny but how do you want us to perceive a poster who I've never met making statements about this Forum and It's members, the said poster has made numerous attacks on EVERY member by posting ANYONE who posts on here has half a brain cell :twisted: ....we are Wankers, Spineless, Faceless :twisted: .............so citygent I respect your opinion, but see it from the other side of the fence, his "tarring with the same brush" attitude has got up a few peoples noses. I can see by his postings that he's not a mug, but he does let himself down with the continual sniping. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You could also say the same about Daya (and his many user names)"tarring with the same brush" members of the trust.
I'm not condoning some of the wording of TLG's posts, but where one or two individuals are concerned I can see where he is coming from,however,maybe you're right and he should aim his comments specifically at them!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Always seems the other board resent the Sam Hamman support here and see it as a betrayal of the club.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:30 pm

f**k, I hate it when I miss all the sniping. Your right though Tone, TLG is a decent bloke given the chance. His knowledge & love for the City is immense and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 pm

stuckster wrote:Always seems the other board resent the Sam Hamman support here and see it as a betrayal of the club.

There are a few over there that support Sam too,like wise there are many on here totally against the return of Sam!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Bucksbluebird wrote:
stuckster wrote:Always seems the other board resent the Sam Hamman support here and see it as a betrayal of the club.

There are a few over there that support Sam too,like wise there are many on here totally against the return of Sam!

It really is a load of bollocks what some of them over on MM preach about other opinions dont count on this forum. They have posted that crap for so long now that all they have done is convinced themselves thats the way it is on here. You only have to take a glance at this forum to see it is the total opposite to what they are saying.

Just want to reiterate the word "some" in my first sentance.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Bucksbluebird wrote:
Marc wrote:I'm not being funny but how do you want us to perceive a poster who I've never met making statements about this Forum and It's members, the said poster has made numerous attacks on EVERY member by posting ANYONE who posts on here has half a brain cell :twisted: ....we are Wankers, Spineless, Faceless :twisted: .............so citygent I respect your opinion, but see it from the other side of the fence, his "tarring with the same brush" attitude has got up a few peoples noses. I can see by his postings that he's not a mug, but he does let himself down with the continual sniping. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You could also say the same about Daya (and his many user names)"tarring with the same brush" members of the trust.
I'm not condoning some of the wording of TLG's posts, but where one or two individuals are concerned I can see where he is coming from,however,maybe you're right and he should aim his comments specifically at them!

piss off CCMB Chief sniper

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 pm

The above that Daya wrote, see what I mean, wtf? Ban him ffs.

I much prefer this board, and I will tell you why.

I couldn't care less about this silly rivalry , it's about the content and the users imo, Carl's updates help but without them it'd still be a very good football forum.

The content on CCMB is majorly off-topic, complete drivel at times which dosen't attract many, more the younger users. Here it is a lot more organized, with stricter, better mods. The content is majorly about football, an opportunity to debate with other passionate supporters about our love for the SAME club. The users are a bit more mature here as well, so on the whole here is miles better.

No need for this at all, everybody should get on with our lives and be excited, the fixtures are out Friday and a new manager is coming very very soon!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:01 pm

[quote="CCFC 24"]The above that Daya wrote, see what I mean, wtf? Ban him ffs.

I couldn't care less about this silly rivalry , it's about the content and the users imo, Carl's updates help but without them it'd still be a very good football forum.

The content on CCMB is majorly off-topic, complete drivel at times which dosen't attract many, more the younger users. Here it is a lot more organized, with stricter, better mods. The content is majorly about football, an opportunity to debate with other passionate supporters about our love for the SAME club. The users are a bit more mature here as well, so on the whole here is miles better.

No need for this at all, everybody should get on with our lives and be excited, the fixtures are out Friday and a new manager is coming very very soon!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Wind it in Newbie fan. ---

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:The above that Daya wrote, see what I mean, wtf? Ban him ffs.

No need for this at all, everybody should get on with our lives and be excited, the fixtures are out Friday and a new manager is coming very very soon!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 am

nerd wrote:CityGent,

TLG is a good writer. I give him absolute credit on that score. Forum posts other there, eh, jumping down peoples throats over any little mistake, any little lack of knowledge in a heavily sarcastic manner; others copy that style having seen it endorsed by mods there, hence CCMB in the poor state it is right now...

Have to agree on that score, TLG can be arrogant to the extreme and pretty far up his own arse tbh, shame really as he is always well informed and normally precise with his facts and figures.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 am

You say that the content of CCMB is majorly off topic.

I'd disagree with that. Yes at times when fooball news is slack then there will be quite a few off topic subjects. But that's the way CCMB has alwasy been and when the users of that board are asked whether they want a split between a football board and non football rather than one all inclusive board they have always voted heavily for the latter.

When there is news to report or ther season is under way there is just as much football stuff on there as here.

You say it doesn't attract many but there are always more users on that board! In saying that I recognise that this board has made huge strides since it started but it is still the smaller board.

You talk about CCMB having a majority of young users and of them being more mature on here yet in a poll on there some days ago by quite a majority there were more users over 30 than under.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:05 am

A couple of thing s I forgot.

How is this board a lot more organised? I disagree that the mods on this board are stricter or better either.

Don't get me wrong, they do a good job on here on the whole, but I don't find they are any better than those on CCMB

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 am

Had not read this and justosted a similar tread myself in total agreement with you