Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BUT HE IS WAITING ON THE CARDIFF JOB "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:40 am

" BUT HE IS WAITING ON THE CARDIFF JOB " But Sadly Jenkins does not want U, So Hughton take the Job in the Premier. I think you would of been Excellent for US .

Fulham want speedy answer from Hughton on offer to be Jol's No 2 again
By SAMI MOKBEL

Last updated at 10:45 PM on 13th June 2011

Old pals: Chris Hughton (left) with Martin Jol at Spurs

Fulham are pushing Chris Hughton for an answer on whether he wants to become Martin Jol's assistant manager.

Hughton spent three seasons as Jol's No. 2 at Tottenham and Sportsmail exclusively revealed last Tuesday that the Craven Cottage club want the duo to rekindle their relationship.

The former Newcastle boss has delayed his decision on a possible move to Fulham as he waits to hear whether he has landed the Cardiff manager's job.

It is believed he is also a contender for the vacant Birmingham manager's post. But Jol wants to finalise his backroom team ahead of the club's early return to pre-season training on June 23 and wants a definitive answer by the end of the week.

The Dutchman has already drafted in his brother Cock Jol and Michael Lindeman to his management team and is keen to make Hughton his next recruit.

Re: " BUT HE IS WAITING ON THE CARDIFF JOB "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 am

I saw Gethin Jenkins walking into Gol last night as I dropped my mates off. I should have asked him what the situation was but didn't think at the time. I doubt he would have said anything anyway.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 am

Zabier wrote:I saw Gethin Jenkins walking into Gol last night as I dropped my mates off. I should have asked him what the situation was but didn't think at the time. I doubt he would have said anything anyway.

:lol:

Steve, Jenkins wants Mackay without a doubt.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 am

His brother has an unfortunate name considering he's involved with football - I can imagine the terraces would be quite unforgiving :D

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:17 am

cock :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:14 am

Bet u we announce a manager finally, and that manager turns it down, Doh :o
Would not be supprised with our club. :ayatollah:
Happy days.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:16 am

Carduff wrote:Bet u we announce a manager finally, and that manager turns it down, Doh :o
Would not be supprised with our club. :ayatollah:
Happy days.

surely if we have announced him, hes already signed :?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:05 am

He should take the number two job, I think that's more him to be honest.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:45 pm

This could be a big mistake on City's part, & i mean COULD. I remember another bloke WHO wanted the City job, about thirty odd years ago, & didn't get it,,,,,& the rest, as they say, is history. Time will tell!!! :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: