Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff vs Millwall 1999

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 am

Mate passed this on, think from Millwall forum.
Can't see it in work, but remember this day well even if I was a teenager.
Pure chaos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDXHKO7XUVo

Re: Cardiff vs Millwall 1999

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

I was 12 and was absolutely bricking it that day. (no pun intended)

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:I was 12 and was absolutely bricking it that day. (no pun intended)

I was 17 and absolutely loved it! Pure madness.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:59 am

i was in the grandstand and never saw nothing! .... i just got out of my seat at the final whistle and walked to my cousins flat in riverside and didnt have any idea what was about to happen! .... but to be honest i aint into stuff like that anyway cause except for one or two supporters the rest dont really want to fight! they just like to pretend they do! :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:13 pm

I was living near Millwall and travelled down to Cardiff by train with 200 millwall.

It was horrible, apart from my mate nobody on the carriage knew i was a city fan.
Got off the train and had to be shepherded around the back of town away from Cardiff fans till i asked a welsh copper could I go and meet my dad in a pub.
He laughed and said nice try sonny u aint breaking away from this lot.

Till i told him the pub and the road then he let me and my mate leave the queue!!!!!!!!!!!

Was a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but also a bit daunting!!!!!!!!!!!

Once i was in the pub i was happy............some of the lads on the train were well off their faces b4 it had left Paddington.
And only 3 in the packed carraige I was in had tickets for the train LOL

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm

AHERNE wrote:i was in the grandstand and never saw nothing! .... i just got out of my seat at the final whistle and walked to my cousins flat in riverside and didnt have any idea what was about to happen! .... but to be honest i aint into stuff like that anyway cause except for one or two supporters the rest dont really want to fight! they just like to pretend they do! :lol:

Is that Steve Jones in your picture?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 pm

And I notice you didnt post the following video from the day :roll:

Check out the old lady on the stretcher.

Family club,my arse.Despicable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPQ9daWQNhI&NR=1

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Black swan this is 12 years ago!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:12 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:Black swan this is 12 years ago!!

Indeed it was.6 years after Swansea fans were 'accused' of throwing objects at OAP's and children,in the very same stand.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:15 pm

I was 19 at the time. Wasnt there a big music festival in Cardiff on the same day ?
Can allways remember when Millwall all ran outside, i think half the Grandstand block A and Half the Bob Bank followed them out there :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:15 pm

blackswan wrote:

Indeed it was.6 years after Swansea fans were 'accused' of throwing objects at OAP's and children,in the very same stand.

so you deny it happened? I was with one of them children!!!! :roll:
Last edited by cardiff uber alles on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:16 pm

blackswan wrote:And I notice you didnt post the following video from the day :roll:

This is from 12 years ago ! A lot has changed since then. I didn't know you were that thick.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:
blackswan wrote:

so you deny it happened? I was one of them children!!!! :roll:

I wasn't there so couldn't possibly comment.Disgraceful if true but i've seen no evidence that it happened,so shall remain ignorant.

I did however see old Doris being carted away on a stretcher wondering what the hell's going on in that vid.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm

blackswan wrote:

it was millwall causing the trouble in the ground you tosser. cardiff were all outside by then the game hads finished a long time ago thats how millwall walked from the grange end into the grandstand.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:29 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
blackswan wrote:

it was millwall causing the trouble in the ground you tosser. cardiff were all outside by then the game hads finished a long time ago thats how millwall walked from the grange end into the grandstand.

Yeah Yeah,never you is it. :roll:

And of course it was Chelsea's fault that all your fans went to prison recently.

So hard done by.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 pm

it was millwall causing the trouble in the ground you tosser. cardiff were all outside by then the game hads finished a long time ago thats how millwall walked from the grange end into the grandstand.[/quote]
Yeah Yeah,never you is it. :roll:

And of course it was Chelsea's fault that all your fans went to prison recently.

So hard done by.[/quote]

no im speaking about the above video not about other events.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:27 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:Mate passed this on, think from Millwall forum.
Pure chaos.

Ive got a copy of the CCTV of a 1,000 Cardiff Fans attacking from the other Side,but its in Video form. Unbelievable footage. 25 mins long in Black and White.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:Mate passed this on, think from Millwall forum.
Pure chaos.

Ive got a copy of the CCTV of a 1,000 Cardiff Fans attacking from the other Side,but its in Video form. Unbelievable footage. 25 mins long in Black and White.

i know you said you were doing copies after xmas 2008 im still waiting to buy a copy off you annis :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:54 pm

blackswan wrote:

you werent accused, you did attack our children, i know a boy who got injured there, about 10yrs old at the time.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:28 pm

The Millwall that got under the stand got battered, most of the Cardiff lot were down by the Grange but when the Millwall came out they just so happened to walk straight into what you would call 'some of Cardiffs Finest'.

That wasnt a normal Football day either, all the docks lads were there, all the valleys and the Cardiff areas.

There were some Black Lads there who I hadnt seen before and havnt seen since who were there purely due to Millwalls Racist Reputation.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 pm

murphy wrote:
blackswan wrote:

you werent accused, you did attack our children, i know a boy who got injured there, about 10yrs old at the time.

Hope he's ok.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:46 pm

blackswan wrote:
AHERNE wrote:i was in the grandstand and never saw nothing! .... i just got out of my seat at the final whistle and walked to my cousins flat in riverside and didnt have any idea what was about to happen! .... but to be honest i aint into stuff like that anyway cause except for one or two supporters the rest dont really want to fight! they just like to pretend they do! :lol:

Is that Steve Jones in your picture?

yes blackswan press the link below to join a group i set up to mark his 25th year as british record holder over the marathon distance!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 pm

blackswan wrote:And I notice you didnt post the following video from the day :roll:

I'll tell you what's despicable. A bunch of jack arseholes throwing heavy wooden seats at children and old men. Cowards to the core. I have never seen people move quicker to get out of a ground when they saw the City fans moving across the pitch to defend the innocent.