Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City's support in the Valleys

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:29 pm

As a Cardiff boy born and bread, I never had any need to trek up the A470, before a few years ago when I started a new job travelling all over Wales. Nearly everywhere I go I'll see a blue shirt/flag/training top. Even sometimes down West. Completely putting to bed the biggest team in Wales debate. The one town which seems to have the biggest divide is Port Talbot and unsure if this is surprising but Treorchy also. Think the players would benefit taking a trip outside the capital to see the passion of the people and how far the badge they bear on there chest stretches throughout the community. I know a few players at the club and I no bar away at Swansea the furthest West they travel is the Vale for training. Opened my eyes and I'm sure the players would feel the same. Let's hope we get the right man in quick.

Re: City's support in the Valleys

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:34 pm

some of the players go to schools in Cardiff and some of the valley schools. the club do realise we have a good following from surrounding areas.
capital :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Dont forget us lot down West!!!! Good following down Neath Port Talbot :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Dont forget us lot down West!!!! Good following down Neath Port Talbot :ayatollah:

azz, you joining us on the forum trips next season?
good support in most areas in fairness. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Dont forget us lot down West!!!! Good following down Neath Port Talbot :ayatollah:

Yes mate don't want to come across as ignorant but had no idea before I started working down there..

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:43 pm

lewis91 wrote:

Yeh I'm hoping to goto more away games next season, only went to Preston game with the forum bus, and Burnley and Norwich with the official supporters. :ayatollah:

Cant wait for next season!!!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:45 pm

More of our support comes from the Valleys than from Cardiff imo :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:46 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
lewis91 wrote:

Yeh I'm hoping to goto more away games next season, only went to Preston game with the forum bus, and Burnley and Norwich with the official supporters. :ayatollah:

Cant wait for next season!!!!

good man, you need to practice the dekel keinan chant along with the mazel tov! see you next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:50 pm

good man, you need to practice the dekel keinan chant along with the mazel tov! see you next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Which one is that....."hes big hes bad...its dekel keinan...the hardest man in the land......" :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:50 pm

cecilccfc wrote:As a Cardiff boy born and bread, I never had any need to trek up the A470, before a few years ago when I started a new job travelling all over Wales. Nearly everywhere I go I'll see a blue shirt/flag/training top. Even sometimes down West. Completely putting to bed the biggest team in Wales debate. The one town which seems to have the biggest divide is Port Talbot and unsure if this is surprising but Treorchy also. Think the players would benefit taking a trip outside the capital to see the passion of the people and how far the badge they bear on there chest stretches throughout the community. I know a few players at the club and I no bar away at Swansea the furthest West they travel is the Vale for training. Opened my eyes and I'm sure the players would feel the same. Let's hope we get the right man in quick.

There is a lot more city fans in the valleys than in Cardiff, if it wasn't for the valleys and down west, cardiff's support would be rubbish and Treorchy and the rest of the Rhondda is blue, Not many jacks up here

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:56 pm

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:As a Cardiff boy born and bread, I never had any need to trek up the A470, before a few years ago when I started a new job travelling all over Wales. Nearly everywhere I go I'll see a blue shirt/flag/training top. Even sometimes down West. Completely putting to bed the biggest team in Wales debate. The one town which seems to have the biggest divide is Port Talbot and unsure if this is surprising but Treorchy also. Think the players would benefit taking a trip outside the capital to see the passion of the people and how far the badge they bear on there chest stretches throughout the community. I know a few players at the club and I no bar away at Swansea the furthest West they travel is the Vale for training. Opened my eyes and I'm sure the players would feel the same. Let's hope we get the right man in quick.

There is a lot more city fans in the valleys than in Cardiff, if it wasn't for the valleys and down west, cardiff's support would be rubbish and Treorchy and the rest of the Rhondda is blue, Not many jacks up here

i agree and disagree. the valleys do contribute a good number towards the home and away attendances, but i think you are over seeing a lot of cardiff born supporters. not having a dig :lol: just think that cardiff's support has great numbers both from the valleys and from local areas :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:31 pm

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:

That's the good thing about our support and what makes us a 'sleeping giant' :ayatollah: most people in the valleys and surrounding areas find they can give there support to Cardiff rather than other Welsh clubs :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Mate I am assuring you, 97% of Pentre, Ton Pentre, Ystrad and my hometown Treorchy is dominated by City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:12 pm

loads from cwmbran ,pontypool and bleanavon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Massive support in tne cynon valley Mountain ash especially . We are all f*cking nuts up here . Love supporting the city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 pm

cecil, your prob right, Im from port talbot and I think it has the greatest noticeable divide. But Iwe win this one as where only a few miles away from them! Treorchy though can't believe that - i work for the forestry and cover that whole area and as the other posters say its city through and through. I often meet some rugby partic in treherbert who take their kids to watch the ospreys and asked them if their kids want to watch the jacks - but they tell me its different with the rugby and they would never go and watch the footy rhonnda fawr is blue etc...

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm

I live in Treorchy,there aint many jacks up here!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 pm

I know it's a commonly held belief that Neath is Blue, but having lived here for 30+ years i've always felt Neath was more Jack than City. It's nothing to do with their recent rise from obscurity, just the way it has always appeared to me.

There are plenty of Bluebirds around though. ;)

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:22 pm

And Mid Wales!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:31 pm

two thirds of porttalbot is blue, i've seen a few people recently with swans shirts down the sandfields area.treochy is 99% cardiff.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:50 pm

izzy68 wrote:loads from cwmbran ,pontypool and bleanavon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't forget the lads in Glascoed, Monkswood & Usk (East Gwent Bluebirds)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Some of us from the hills have moved to the city :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rhymney valley is all Blue! :ayatollah: :D