Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gethin Jenkins

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Does this guy even know what hes doing? :roll:

I'm seriously worried about the state of affairs at Cardiff City, if i remember correctly from the 2010-2011 season, he didnt have a clue what he was doing with players contracts which were due to expire, like Burke, Matthews etc....we delayed it for so long and we lost out on them.That meant extra workload for dave jones, who had to deal with player contracts, go player scouting, as well as manage the team. (DJ did manage to get Blake, Whitts and Mcphail signed)

If Gethin Jenkins couldnt even deal to manage the player contracts, how are we fans suppose to expect him to appoint a manager. With Gethin not putting Chris Hughton name forward to the board is bit bias, I thought it would be fair if all the candidates name is put forward, and for the board to decide, but they can make a recommendation which candidate is ideal.

I really do question the role of Gethin Jenkins at the club, i'm not against him, I actaully think hes a tidy guy, but coming from a rugby to a football role, I dont believe he has the necessary experience to recommend a candidate for the next manager.

Re: Gethin Jenkins

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

A Contract is a Contract, Burke and Bothroyd both stated that they wanted to wait until the end of the season to consider their options. Matthews wanted to leave because of DJ. What was he supposed to do? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

no doubt you should get a comment from somebody called " stuckster " later on today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Not arguing whether the player wanted to stay or not, but the fact DJ had to deal with the contracts has me more worried......I'm just questionning what is Gethin's actual role at the club, has he done anything? Apart from appearing on the media making statements, he hasnt done much in my eyes. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:16 pm

i'm sure somebody on the forum will inform you of his roles and what he actually does, he must be doing something right but with him making decision on managers and who will benefit the club, i'm not quite sure if he is the right man. seems a good guy and might possibly do the club well regarding finances etc.
rugby is different to football but he seems to be doing alright :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:no doubt you should get a comment from somebody called " stuckster " later on today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is Stuckster Gethin Jenkins ? Hmm :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:no doubt you should get a comment from somebody called " stuckster " later on today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is Stuckster Gethin Jenkins ? Hmm :lol: :lol:

"CCFC Welshlad" is Jenkins I think

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:41 pm

cant we just support the guy and stop sniping about him all the time. how do we know he isnt doing a good job right now?
if someone knows diferent please explain why he isnt?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:20 am

jinks-rct wrote:cant we just support the guy and stop sniping about him all the time. how do we know he isnt doing a good job right now?

well??

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 am

azz_ccfc wrote:Does this guy even know what hes doing? :roll:

I'm seriously worried about the state of affairs at Cardiff City, if i remember correctly from the 2010-2011 season, he didnt have a clue what he was doing with players contracts which were due to expire, like Burke, Matthews etc....we delayed it for so long and we lost out on them.That meant extra workload for dave jones, who had to deal with player contracts, go player scouting, as well as manage the team. (DJ did manage to get Blake, Whitts and Mcphail signed)

If Gethin Jenkins couldnt even deal to manage the player contracts, how are we fans suppose to expect him to appoint a manager. With Gethin not putting Chris Hughton name forward to the board is bit bias, I thought it would be fair if all the candidates name is put forward, and for the board to decide, but they can make a recommendation which candidate is ideal.

I really do question the role of Gethin Jenkins at the club, i'm not against him, I actaully think hes a tidy guy, but coming from a rugby to a football role, I dont believe he has the necessary experience to recommend a candidate for the next manager.

Yes he does! It would appear that the people who don't know what he's doing are certain posters on this baord and there-in lies their problem!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:27 am

jinks-rct wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:cant we just support the guy and stop sniping about him all the time. how do we know he isnt doing a good job right now?

well??

all goes quite when you ask a direct question that gets to the point doesn't it Jinks! :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 am

When it comes to Football No. He's not a " tidy guy" either. Can you believe he banned somebody for tipping of City that a Prem Club were after one of their youth players . ????? - maybe he had a bet on it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:36 am

Daya wrote:

stop causing trouble with your sniping :roll:
When it comes to Football No. He's not a " tidy guy" either. Can you believe he banned somebody for tipping of City that a Prem Club were after one of their youth players . ????? - maybe he had a bet on it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 am

If Gethin wants to rescue his credability!!!! Sign Mackay :ayatollah:

At least then hes done something right.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:If Gethin wants to rescue his credability!!!! Sign Mackay :ayatollah:

It's not up to Gethin to sign him, it's VT and TG that will do the signing.

Gethin and Alan Whitely (sp?) were the ones that did the interviews, and put forward the best candidates.

I don't know Gethin personally or socially but give the lad a break, and I couldn't care less that his last job was for a rugby club. Lets just support the whole of Cardiff City Football Club in this important time of getting us a manager.

:roll:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 pm

KyleV wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:If Gethin wants to rescue his credability!!!! Sign Mackay :ayatollah:

It's not up to Gethin to sign him, it's VT and TG that will do the signing.

Gethin and Alan Whitely (sp?) were the ones that did the interviews, and put forward the best candidates.

I don't know Gethin personally or socially but give the lad a break, and I couldn't care less that his last job was for a rugby club. Lets just support the whole of Cardiff City Football Club in this important time of getting us a manager.

:roll:

i agree gethin is only doing what his employers are telling him.