Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR after Bothroyd..

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 02,00.html

Sky Bet

Sky Bet are offering everyone a Free £5 Bet
Claim your free bet now
Skysports.com understands that Queens Park Rangers are keen to land England international Jay Bothroyd.

The 28-year-old striker is available on a free transfer after he opted to leave Cardiff City at the end of last season when his contract expired.

Bothroyd, who has confirmed he could not join Cardiff's rivals Swansea, is attracting attention from a number of clubs in both the Premier League and Championship.

Skysports.com now understand that one of those hoping to land his signature is newly promoted QPR.

Re: QPR after Bothroyd..

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Bledd10 wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6989402,00.html

Sky Bet

Sky Bet are offering everyone a Free £5 Bet
Claim your free bet now
Skysports.com understands that Queens Park Rangers are keen to land England international Jay Bothroyd.

The 28-year-old striker is available on a free transfer after he opted to leave Cardiff City at the end of last season when his contract expired.

Bothroyd, who has confirmed he could not join Cardiff's rivals Swansea, is attracting attention from a number of clubs in both the Premier League and Championship.

Skysports.com now understand that one of those hoping to land his signature is newly promoted QPR.

Any comments from Stan or Dwyer ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:32 pm

i can see this happening, he had 2 very good games against QPR last season and as they missed out on graham, im sure warnock would give him a kick up the arse

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Just checked oddschecker

They got Stan at 2-1 on being on here in next few minutes.

Who cares about odds on our new manager
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:Just checked oddschecker

They got Stan at 2-1 on being on here in next few minutes

You lose!

See moral of the story. Don't gamble!

Not a great admirer of JB but for free & for what I think Warnock could get out of him think it would be a wise move. Norwich have spent £5.5m on 2 duds as far as I'm concerned & if we got JB it would represent better business imho.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 pm

QPR are owned by multi billionaires...surely they will have more money and ambition than jay? :shock:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Its a free transfer.

Hardly bad business.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Its a free transfer.

Hardly bad business.

not the point, I think you can do better. Tell Warnock to go to Spain (unless hes already there) how much budget has he got to play around with?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Course its the point mate.

Around new year when there was talk of JB leaving Cardiff people were demanding £2-3m to sell him now he's free which to me equates to good business.

You don't spend money unless you have / need to. A good aquisition for £0 to add to the squad is excellent business.

Do you think Warnock hasn't got other targets?

Come onnnnnnn.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:35 pm

I would spend £15k a week to keep Bothroyd here!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Hardly bad business.

Yeah, but you have to pay him and if he's on his arse all the time it will be a waste of money. I just can't see him doing it in the Prem unless he finds a yard of pace from somewhere. Hope I'm wrong tho.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm

moonboots wrote:

Hardly bad business.

Yeah, but you have to pay him and if he's on his arse all the time it will be a waste of money. I just can't see him doing it in the Prem unless he finds a yard of pace from somewhere. Hope I'm wrong tho.

Don't think he'd be like that under Warnock. Could be a very dangerous player as you well know.