Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHEARER DID NOT F**K UP AT NEWCASTLE!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm

* He went there when they had a huge injury problem.

* Newcastle had sold their best players before he went there and re-placed them with players that needed a season or so to get use to the English game - This is one of the reasons why they did so well the next season. 20 millions pounds worth of players were now use to the English game.

* He couldn't sign players or bring in his own staff.

* 3 managers had already left or fucked up before he got there. - Hughton was one of the managers that FUCKED up.

* He ONLY had 8 games to save a ship that was already fucked.

"Please come in and save us. We have a huge injury crisis. We sold our best players. You only have 8 games to do and you can't sign your own players or bring in your own coaching staff..........."
Last edited by Merlin on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: visible cursing in title thread.

Re: SHEARER DID NOT FUCKED UP AT NEWCASTLE!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:30 pm

But why would Shearer move all the way to South Wales? That doesn't make any sense to me.

And his game was built on hard work and giving it 110%!

Played under legends like Kenny D and Bobby Robson.

Must have some great contacts in the game.

Owen did not want to Join Newcastle. It was Shearer that talked him in to it.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

shearer the best centre forward in my lifetime, manager of cardiff .... BRING IT ON! ... IF ONLY FOR A PICTURE OF MY SON WITH HIM!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

No one's saying he fucked up at Newcastle, just that he has 8 games experience of managing and that candidates such as Mackay would be vastly better. Not to mention his alleged wage demands.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Calmed down!

Despite what you've said above he'd still be quite low on my list for manager, but then again I'm not choosing!

It's important whoever is manager is given a run at least. I can't be putting up with this waiting round again anytime soon! :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Newcastle went down with Shearer....And went back up with Chris Hughton....Whos name was not forward to our owners :?:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Shearer would have come back up with Newcastle.

He turned the job down as he did not want to work with Mike Ashley.

After Shearer turned the job then turned to Hughton.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:* Hughton was one of the managers that FUCKED up."

Hughton was only the assistant, cant have done much wrong?
The owner didnt help either :roll:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:44 pm

How did you come to the conclusion that it was Hughton who fucked up, it was Kinnear who was manager the season Newcastle got relegated with Hughton only in charge for a few weeks alongside Barron and Calderwood after Kinnear was taken ill.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Shearer won 1 game in 8
Demands big wage

Bad business but if appointed, id back him 110%

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Hallett wrote:How did you come to the conclusion that it was Hughton who fucked up, it was Kinnear who was manager the season Newcastle got relegated with Hughton only in charge for a few weeks alongside Barron and Calderwood after Kinnear was taken ill.

And did such a shite job after JFK got sick that the club turned to Shearer.

He was also shite as manager between when Keegan left and JFK came in.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Newcastle went down with Shearer....And went back up with Chris Hughton....Whos name was not forward to our owners :?:

Yes, remember though!

1. Shearer didn't have a whole summer and didn;t get any opportuntiy to invest and change much like Hughton did

2) He had 8 games to save them, 1 being the day after he got appointed I think, didn't get much time to gel, like Annis says, you can't judge a manager till Minimum till after 10 games!

3) Mentally the squad were poor, morale must have been very low, especially after the sacking of a manager, nobody knowing what was going on

4) His squad was injury - plagued

Everyone Judging Shearer on 1 very short, unfortunate and frustrating Season must have a look at themselves, he's unproven, that's all i can think of negatively, not much experience. He'd definately command the respects of every player, ahs lots of contact, and will inspire players, why not!!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:07 pm

I d def give shearer the job,and if he does it can only be good news,he ll attract top quality players,players will respect him,and give him 100%,but he ll need right people alongside him.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
Hallett wrote:How did you come to the conclusion that it was Hughton who fucked up, it was Kinnear who was manager the season Newcastle got relegated with Hughton only in charge for a few weeks alongside Barron and Calderwood after Kinnear was taken ill.

And did such a shite job after JFK got sick that the club turned to Shearer.

He was also shite as manager between when Keegan left and JFK came in.

But so was Shearer also shite!! you can't blame Hughton for Newcastles failings and big up Shearer when in his two spells in charge that season it was still less time than Shearer had as manager.

Re: SHEARER DID NOT F**K UP AT NEWCASTLE!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:16 pm

No, you can't say Shearer was shite and they say Hughton would be great for Cardiff.

You could argue that Hughton had a big advantage over Shearer! He worked full time at the club! He knew the players and he still failed!

And yes, Newcastle Utd looked better under Shearer than Hughton that season.

If Duff had not scored the OG then they would of stayed up!

That's how close it was!

ONE OG!

If Hughton was manager than it would not of been that close.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:No, you can't say Shearer was shite and they say Hughton would be great for Cardiff.

You could argue that Hughton had a big advantage over Shearer! He worked full time at the club! He knew the players and he still failed!

And yes, Newcastle Utd looked better under Shearer than Hughton that season.

If Duff had not scored the OG then they would of stayed up!

That's how close it was!

ONE OG!

If Hughton was manager than it would not of been that close.

Hughton was only at the club for 8 months before becoming caretaker for the first time after Keegans departure with Shearer only leaving the club two years prior to that, so i wouldn't say that he had that much more knowledge of the club and players.

Also Hughton took charge the following season and run away with the league, admittedly with the best squad but then also held his own in the prem the last season before his dismissal.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Compare eight months to one day.........

I have no doubt that Shearer would of taken Newcastle back up if he took the job.

We bitch about Jay wanting 14,000. Barton in on £75,000.

Barton was injured while Shearer was manager.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:50 pm

lads, no point arguing over what happened at the toon

this is cardiff, a completely different scenario

IF shearer came, it could be a disaster.

however, it could be a blessing and the opening he needs as a manager

admittedly, he took over newcastle when they were in a bad way/position. the fact its 'his' club makes the pressure much worse.

he has no links to us but we will never know how any of the candidates would truelly do unless they get the job

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:51 pm

LMFAO.

So, Shearer was ok, really. because...

Newcastle had sold their best players before he went there and re-placed them with players that needed a season or so to get use to the English game - This is one of the reasons why they did so well the next season. 20 millions pounds worth of players were now use to the English game.

Whereas Hughton was clearly shit despite

Newcastle had sold their best players before he went there and re-placed them with players that needed a season or so to get use to the English game - This is one of the reasons why they did so well the next season. 20 millions pounds worth of players were now use to the English game.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Or you got say that Hughton was clueless and Shearer only failed in that season due to one OG?

Is that better?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:05 pm

surely having mr shearer at the club would mean no Bellamy...

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Or you got say that Hughton was clueless and Shearer only failed in that season due to one OG?

Is that better?

Shearer failed that season due to one OG? Did one OG cause them to not win 7 of the 8 games under him?

Did you even watch any of the matches where he managed Newcastle - baffling tactics that the commentators couldn't take seriously!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:17 pm

From a family of Newcastle Utd fans the answer would be yes.

I know what I'm taking about it.

I remember how clueless Hughton was.

Duff's OG took them down. Without that they would of finished above Hull.

And just f*cking LOL at you making shite up about the press saying Shearer didn't have a clue.

On a side note, he also worked as AM to Bobby Robson for a few months.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm

1 win in 8.

Only win vs Boro. Who were relegated.

True managerial quality there. Really.

Shearer, especially with that clown Dowie, would be one of the worst available options. FFS, we could have had McClaren, a far better manager... if Shearer is appointed, we'll struggle

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm

It's fair enough that Shearer only had 8 games, and an injury plagued squad etc, they are justifications as to why they still got relegated under him.

Doesn't make him a viable candidate for the Cardiff job though. Especially given the shit between him and Bellamy. His appointment either means no Bellamy (it probably does mean that) or a lot a tension in the dressing room.

MM for me.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:28 pm

hooligan858 wrote:It's fair enough that Shearer only had 8 games, and an injury plagued squad etc, they are justifications as to why they still got relegated under him.

Doesn't make him a viable candidate for the Cardiff job though. Especially given the shit between him and Bellamy. His appointment either means no Bellamy (it probably does mean that) or a lot a tension in the dressing room.

MM for me.

it could be a good move, a new start he needs.... who knows, him and bellers may even make up :D

no one will know for sure how it would pan out... time will tell

would you back him?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Newcastle went down with Shearer....And went back up with Chris Hughton....Whos name was not forward to our owners :?:

A fact but not really a fair reflection.

If Hughton was in charge for those 8 games and hughton for the season and a half
I think it would have been exactly the same.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:31 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
hooligan858 wrote:It's fair enough that Shearer only had 8 games, and an injury plagued squad etc, they are justifications as to why they still got relegated under him.

MM for me.

it could be a good move, a new start he needs.... who knows, him and bellers may even make up :D

would you back him?

I'll back whoever's appointed, for sure. Even Billy twatfaced Davies. However, I think if Shearer (and Bellamy) have the best interests of the club at heart, then they will make up and work together!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 pm

hooligan858 wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

MM for me.

would you back him?

I'll back whoever's appointed, for sure. Even Billy twatfaced Davies. However, I think if Shearer (and Bellamy) have the best interests of the club at heart, then they will make up and work together!

they would need to, for the fans :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 pm

It looks pretty certain, so I guess they're going to have to now :D

Alan Shearer's Barmy Army (I guess) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: