Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE STRANGE SIDE OF FOOTBALL

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Our club are apparently courting the services of Alan Shearer, a man who would want a huge wage salary of up to £1 million and a budget to suit, took his beloved Newcastle down to the Championship then on the other hand we have Chris Hughton who would love the job at City, would want a quarter of the price, £250k, and took Newcastle back up at the first attempt and was doing a pretty decent job before being unfairly sacked.

All rather strange if you ask me, what's your opinion ?

Re: THE STRANGE SIDE OF FOOTBALL

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm

What a complete waste of Money

We could probably have got O neil for that

Shearer what a waste of cash

Carl, maybe we will get him as a player

Shearer only took over at Necastle cos Hughton had already fucked up.

how is there supposed to be an announcement today then?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 pm

This has to be a joke??

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:Our club are apparently courting the services of Alan Shearer, a man who would want a huge wage salary of up to £1 million and a budget to suit, took his beloved Newcastle down to the Championship then on the other hand we have Chris Hughton who would love the job at City, would want a quarter of the price, £250k, and took Newcastle back up at the first attempt and was doing a pretty decent job before being unfairly sacked.

Nothing strange Carl, its just proves the incompetence of GJ & Co

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:34 pm

jesus wept, if shearer is the manager ahead of the quality candidates that have put there name forward then theres no hope for the club, might as well give the job to leighton james

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:35 pm

shearer is a legend and took over at newcastle when they were almost down anyway! ... if you cant play for a man like shearer you cant play for anyone! ... if he gets the job i`d be more than happy but not for big money! ... 250k a year take it or leave it!

IF the malaysians appoint Shearer (and I emphasise IF), then I truly believe that TG and VT do not have our clubs best interests at heart. The reasons being an accumulation of everything mentioned on this forum today - high demands, poor and brief track record, overlooking better but lesser known candidates.

Big Boss Man wrote:Shearer only took over at Necastle cos Hughton had already fucked up.

shearer was manager before hughton

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Omg that would be shit

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

so any chance of us getting a manager before the season starts this is getting pathetic now ffs

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:Our club are apparently courting the services of Alan Shearer, a man who would want a huge wage salary of up to £1 million and a budget to suit, took his beloved Newcastle down to the Championship then on the other hand we have Chris Hughton who would love the job at City, would want a quarter of the price, £250k, and took Newcastle back up at the first attempt and was doing a pretty decent job before being unfairly sacked.

What a idiotic appointment that would be! :( It would lower expectations, divide fans more than DJ did and what do they see in him that could possibly bring success :o Is GJ an idiot or something :evil:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:38 pm

As i said in an earlier post, we [CCAFC] have a recent history of turning down a person who really, genuinely wanted the the City job. Can we afford to make the wrong mistake again??? I don't know, all i know is i'm not going to be around in another FIFTY years to find out!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 pm

streamfeeder wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:Shearer only took over at Necastle cos Hughton had already fucked up.

shearer was manager before hughton

Keegan, JFK then Hughton then to Shearer and then back to Hughton.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:44 pm

yes just had a look, hughton managed them for 20 days, and 3 games in the september, although he managed to lose all 3 its hardly worth a mention tbh

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Id have Shearer If we didnt have to build a squad maybe, but there we go.
Hope he doesnt get the job :|

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Didn't Shearer and Bellamy have a major fallout over a text message.

If this is true I fear Craig may well be looking for another club this coming season.

Shearer or Bellamy :?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:51 pm

As already mentioned, if Shearer comes then forget about Bellamy joining.

Surely AS isn't going to be our manager?

Saying that, the Malaysians want a big name to boost us in Malaysia..

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm

If Shearer got the job down here, I would think there will be extra police down here on the beat and Ambulance waiting hotspots due to the high alert of possible suicide attempts!! :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 pm

All of the managers that have been named on here had to start somewhere. At Newcastle Shearer had an almost impossible job, if you remember at the time Mike Ashley was trying to sell everything.

He wouldn't be my choice, but given a decent fist of things, he may be the next big thing and if he is appointed we should all get behind him and not find ourselves in the same situation that we've had for the last year or so (totally divided)

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm happy with Alan. We need a name.
If he comes it will mean he’s got a decent budget.
He'll also attract players to the club who would otherwise go elsewhere.
Remember we had an experienced manager, look where that got us.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm

For god sake cant gethin make a bloody desicion!! its a joke, if its shearer we can forget about bellamy!! the guys hate each other!! sure thats why he lefty newcastle!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm

A big name like shearer means we should have a big budget,that is the only positive thought i have if shearer gets the job :|

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Can't understand why we would pay an untried and untested manager £1m. Don't we ever learn ffs! This cannot be true. Mackay is an excellent candidate and we'd get him on the cheap. He is intelligent, has a good work ethic and is a strong believer in discipline.....AND HE KNOWS HOW AN ACADEMY SHOULD BE RUN. We need some one who will look after the future of our Club.

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Footbal ... ackay.aspx

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Could be a positive lads. A huge positive.
A statement of intent that the board mean business.
To bring on a manager at that expense and that reputation (granted as a player but still) shows they are willing to speculate.

Still cant see it happening though......

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Gethin Jenkins hasn't got a f*cking clue how to run a football club he may aswell stick to rugby

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:23 pm

What the f**k's happened to Malky ? :( :x

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:What the f**k's happened to Malky ? :( :x

well as ive said multiple times, he got back from holiday yesterday and has not had an interview. the only contact with the club has been via his agent. graham taylor has said repeatedly that there has been no approach and this still stands. also the tone of graham taylor in the newspaper today suggests he would be surprised to see mackay move. malky had a meeting today with our new head of football too.

i kind of feel sorry for all the people who have lumped on mackay at this point. if it does not come of that is a lot of money to throw at the bookies.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:40 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:What the f**k's happened to Malky ? :( :x

well as ive said multiple times, he got back from holiday yesterday and has not had an interview. the only contact with the club has been via his agent. graham taylor has said repeatedly that there has been no approach and this still stands. also the tone of graham taylor in the newspaper today suggests he would be surprised to see mackay move. malky had a meeting today with our new head of football too.

i kind of feel sorry for all the people who have lumped on mackay at this point. if it does not come of that is a lot of money to throw at the bookies.

Listen I've not gambled a single penny on him being our next manager - I just really hope that he will somehow get the job.

Also, are you Watford's version of Carl ? You seem to know everything ! I've not seen anything about a meeting with your new head of football either (isn't head of football the 'manager', who is currently Mackay? :lol: ).