* His face won't be on MOTD :D

NEGATIVES:

* Inexperienced in management
* Potential clash with Bellamy?
* Potentially the more expensive option in choice of manager

Anything else?

Re: " ALAN SHEARER - Positives / Negatives "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:24 pm

The only positive I can see is that shearer is massive in Malaysia and will bring lots of investment, these Malaysians are very clever business men!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Negative

It points to the Malaysians wanting to make a few quid quickly, then get out.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Nakedbussurfer wrote:The only positive I can see is that shearer is massive in Malaysia and will bring lots of investment, these Malaysians are very clever business men!!

exactly...but he,ll aslo bring in big game players and they,ll back him with funds !!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I would love to see Shearer as manager so many players will want to come and play for him and the board must have give him a good budget to work with or why would he come here.

He will want his first real job to be a success and he expects 100% of every 1 on and off the pitch.

That will do me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Financially he could make the club money, but as fans that's an obvious secondary matter - WE WANT SUCCESS!!

Can he bring that success? Potentially!!

I'm the type of person that will always try and find positives in a situation, and the apointment of a young manager will bring the club closer to it's fans. Younger managers realise the importance of fans more than those more experienced, as it wasn't so long ago they were playing in front of them, and being adored when they (in shearers case) scored!

My main, and only real concern, is that of experience in managing a group of players, but then you have to start somewhere.

This could be the best thing that has happened to our club in years. Let's embrase it and give him a chance.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Financially he could make the club money, but as fans that's an obvious secondary matter - WE WANT SUCCESS!!

I'm the type of person that will always try and find positives in a situation, and the apointment of a young manager will bring the club closer to it's fans. Younger managers realise the importance of fans more than those more experienced, as it wasn't so long ago they were playing in front of them, and being adored when they (in shearers case) scored!

My main, and only real concern, is that of experience in managing a group of players, but then you have to start somewhere.

This could be the best thing that has happened to our club in years. Let's embrase it and give him a chance.

Very well put fella :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:39 pm

i tihnk it could be good ,a lot on here did and didnt want mackay....i mean he wasnt very experienced either ......HE,LL GET THE PLAYERS AND HE,LL BE BACKED .....WE,LL BE A FORCE THIS YEAR WITHOUT DOUBT.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Financially he could make the club money, but as fans that's an obvious secondary matter - WE WANT SUCCESS!!

well put fair play :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Negative -

As a manager, played 8, won 1.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

I think the biggest positive will be he wont be coming here with no money to spend.

Clearly the malaysians have promised him big funds otherwise he wouldnt be interested

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:46 pm

To illustrate me point, think of all the young managers around at the moment.

You would have to think hard about a young manager who doesn't show emotion on the side line. Over the last few years Dave Jones has been the butt of many jokes because of his 'hands in pockets' stance and lack lustre interviews. You can bet your last pound that a young manager will want to be a success, not only for themself, but for the club and the FANS!

If it's going to be Shearer, I for one am looking forward to an eventful summer of signings and a shift in the emotions in our manager.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Ste_W wrote:Negative -

this. stats don't lie.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 pm

well said for f**k sake give the bloke a chance

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm

http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/05/ ... n-and-gone

:(

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm

id be delighted with this appointment,like mentioned a young manager with new ideas and shearers upermost professionalism and dedication on and off the pitch will rub off on our players,not to mention the publicity and the contacts alan must have made in his outstanding career,
well done the malaysians theyve delivered in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

would it be worth while putting up the stats for all successful managers first 8 games as a PERMANENT manager?

I think not. They won't really mean alot for Shearer's return to management.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 pm

pauly_gee wrote:* Potential clash with Bellamy?

lol, bellars wont be back now

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm

We need a new striker , Shearer Shearer Shearer :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 pm

englishbluebird wrote:id be delighted with this appointment,like mentioned a young manager with new ideas and shearers upermost professionalism and dedication on and off the pitch will rub off on our players,not to mention the publicity and the contacts alan must have made in his outstanding career,

Not yet, they haven't. It will depend on the money Shearer will have to put a squad together, and the make up of the back room team. I'm guessing that the money will be there, either that or the team will have half a dozen Malaysians playing! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 pm

You've got to love stats...

Shearer's eight games below:

Take out Chelsea and liverpool & Spurs away - tough games for a team already in free fall. Then played five drew two, lost two, won one - scored 4 conceded 4.

Sat 04 15:00 H Chelsea PREM 0-2 52,112 TB MR
Sat 11 17:30 A Stoke City PREM 1-1 27,382 TB MR
Sun 19 13:30 A Tottenham PREM 0-1 35,850 TB MR
Mon 27 20:00 H Portsmouth PREM 0-0 47,481 TB MR
May
Sun 03 13:30 A Liverpool PREM 0-3 44,121 TB MR
Mon 11 20:00 H Middlesbrough PREM 3-1 51,252 TB MR
Sat 16 15:00 H Fulham PREM 0-1 52,114 TB MR
Sun 24 16:00 A Aston Villa PREM 0-1 42,585 TB MR

Hardly time to build a team and develop a system.

Shearer :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

this. stats don't lie.

That. will make him stronger and more will to succeed. It's not much of a stat anyway, he was asked to try and save an already sinking ship, it was his first chance of management, if that don't make him stronger I don't know what will.
Back him all the way lads and give him a chance. :P
I recon there are going to be some exciting times coming our way.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

this. stats don't lie.

Cant judge him from 8 games at the end of a season that is just stupid.Newcastle were doomed anyway.

GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 pm

englishbluebird wrote:id be delighted with this appointment,like mentioned a young manager with new ideas and shearers upermost professionalism and dedication on and off the pitch will rub off on our players,not to mention the publicity and the contacts alan must have made in his outstanding career,

well said m8

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 pm

well if it is him, he will get my support, as would any manager,
and i hope he can prove me wrong putting egg on my face, and use the negatives i and others have shown to his benifit
bringing in faces and promoting this club worldwide, as well as to the premiership :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Shearer's management record.
Total Games 8
Won 1
Drawn 2
Lost 5

I hope he can improve on these stats but he will get my full support anyway.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Einstein wrote:You've got to love stats...

Shearer's eight games below:

Take out Chelsea and liverpool & Spurs away - tough games for a team already in free fall. Then played five drew two, lost two, won one - scored 4 conceded 4.

Sat 04 15:00 H Chelsea PREM 0-2 52,112 TB MR
Sat 11 17:30 A Stoke City PREM 1-1 27,382 TB MR
Sun 19 13:30 A Tottenham PREM 0-1 35,850 TB MR
Mon 27 20:00 H Portsmouth PREM 0-0 47,481 TB MR
May
Sun 03 13:30 A Liverpool PREM 0-3 44,121 TB MR
Mon 11 20:00 H Middlesbrough PREM 3-1 51,252 TB MR
Sat 16 15:00 H Fulham PREM 0-1 52,114 TB MR
Sun 24 16:00 A Aston Villa PREM 0-1 42,585 TB MR

Hardly time to build a team and develop a system.

Shearer :ayatollah:

I'll just quote this post cos I think a lot of you missed it........

GREAT POST!

TOP MARKS!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 am

Talks broke down - Don't know if thats a positive or a negative :(

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:37 am

where u hear talks broke down??

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 am

So let me get this straight, Alan Shearer does not get on with Bellamy ??? if this is the case and theres a chance of having Bellamy playing in a city shirt id Rather have Bellamy playing in the side than Shearer on the touchline. I hope thats not the case tho i hope they get on well just think of the players both partys can lure to come play for the greatest welsh side of all time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: