Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

And I am stunned at the news I am being told.

Throughout all the goings on over who will be the next City manager, I have been wrong, my contacts, sources and even the reporters I speak with have all been wrong.

I am told that the press will go tomorrow morning with Alan Shearer to be announced as next manager of Cardiff City ahead of an official announcement later tomorrow.

I know that the deal is not done and dusted but the club's officials believe that they will get it done tomorrow and dot the i's and cross the t's.

Yes I was told from within our club earlier today that they would get the announcement done today but it is evident to what I am writing now that is not happening.

As a fan and forget all the talk of me being close to sources and contacts, simply from a fan's perspective I feel this decision is a commercial decision more than a football one. By bringing in Alan Shearer will undoubtedly raise our profile at home and abroad but personally I wanted to hear of a manager with far greater experience that, what is it, has 8 failed games of experience ?

If I have to come out over the course of the season and admit I am wrong about Shearer's ability to deliver then I will but at this present moment I am feeling pretty gutted.

Will this end the chance of Craig Bellamy being a Cardiff City player next season ?

Given what has been written of alleged bust ups between the pair then I think the answer could very well be obvious.

Again I will say, in my opinion, this is a commercial decision and not a football one and if anyone suggests this an agenda by me against the Malaysians are simply talking crap these are my personnel feelings right now.

I do not feel this is an appointment made by Gethin Jenkins but one made by the controlling powers and I pray it does not spell disaster for us.

Re: " I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Please don't be him ffs

Re: I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself Carl. This is a big thing, a new manager, so it can easily be gotten wrong.

I'm gutted. I wanted Mackay as I thought it would be a good appointment recommended by Bellamy (apparently, I'm not too sure).

But there we go, I thought the Malaysians were wanting promotion this season, but it doesn't look like it.

No Bellamy then.

Just gutted, absolutely gutted.

Anything in the theory that Hughton might become his no.2 ?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

This is what people don't understand when they slate you is whenever your wrong you hold your hands up and admit fair play carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Stunned us All Carl, I thought it was Chris Hughton, then I Def thought it was Mackay and he himself did.

Will Shearer be a Good Manager ? Hmm, Time will Tell. BUT I WILL BACK HIM 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Stunned us All Carl, I thought it was Chris Hughton, then I Def thought it was Mackay and he himself did.

Will Shearer be a Good Manager ? Hmm, Time will Tell. BUT I WILL BACK HIM 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

really ? who told you that ?

fair play carl boi admitting you was wrong, think every one is utter shock lets hope gamble pays off

Re: I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG

I totally agree with you on this one CARL, however we must give the guy a chance, he has a wealth of playing experience, great contacts within the game and was truly a passionate player and if he can emulate any of this into our team this season then i feel he could go down really well with us. i understand the malaysians raising the profile of the club which in my opinion they have tried to do all along and were pretty glas when DJ failed so they could bring a big name in, they never intended to ever appoint mckay or hughton it was always going to be a big name that fans from abroad had heard of, and how more fitting than ALan shearer, a presenter on MOTD all the time, associated with football in every breathe and a true goalscoring great that will be remembered as a cracking player.
it is a commercial step but i also feel he could become a good manager for us, he certainly talks the talk lets just hope he can walk the walk as the saying goes!!
i will support him fully and hope he can bring some good players in with his contacts, plus show some passion and actually have some respect for the fans!!

ALAN SHEARER'S BARMY ARMY!!!!

i fear this may be a start of a demise

this is THE most shocking thing I have ever heard

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 pm

For f*ck sake!! :evil:

F*ck off Jenkins & co you b*stards!

What a terrible decision!

:evil: :evil:

I would rarther a trained f*cking ape than Sheerer managing the club.

God im soo pissed off.

without sounding defeatist this is like being repeatedly kicked in the balls, im seriously concerned for the future of our club on the field if this is the sort of manager that we aspire to bring in.

hollywood wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Stunned us All Carl, I thought it was Chris Hughton, then I Def thought it was Mackay and he himself did.

really ? who told you that ?

Oh give it a rest will you !

Hope you're happy !
Last edited by Cwmann_Bluebird on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just proves 48 hrs in football is a huge amount of time and anything can happen during that period. Shearer as manager at the city doesnt fill me with confidence in the slightest, but if appointed we will all have to back him 100% i suppose. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Definitely not my first choice and it is a crazy appointment but still an exciting one! Anything could happen this season now! I'll be backing him 100%, if he starts well we could really attract some great players here! Massive risk and I'm a bit bemused but more excited about him than some of the other names bandied aroubd

Hmmmmmm :roll:

carl your always spot on,dont worry .....tg and vt have made this for a number of reasons .

Not a footballing decision, more of a stunt than anything. Stupid board, I knew that we couldn't trust Gethin Jenkins or the Malaysians.

Yeah let's get someone with a big reputation instead of a real, footballing manager with experience.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:31 pm

supercraig039 wrote:Just proves 48 hrs in football is a huge amount of time and anything can happen during that period. Shearer as manager at the city doesnt fill me with confidence in the slightest, but if appointed we will all have to back him 100% i suppose. :ayatollah:

Well said about 48hrs in FOOTBALL ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:32 pm

if houyton becomes his no 2 might not be so bad... :ayatollah:

The fact the malaysians think he is the man i think is very important, it means they will back him.
If he brings dowie in as number two we will have a hell of a fit squad and shearer has respect and contracts.

I dont think Shearer wouldnt go anywhere where cash was tight.
I got a good feeling hes been given money to spend.

Let face it, he must have a few numbers in his mobile!
Onwards and upwards! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The fact the malaysians think he is the man i think is very important, it means they will back him.
If he brings dowie in as number two we will have a hell of a fit squad and shearer has respect and contracts.

good point about contacts wonder if he go for ranger.........

Im seething, that our beloved club is going to be run by a man who's 8 game entire mangerial experience ended in relegation. We have now probably lost our only true passionate bluebird bellers, I do recall Mr Shearer threatening to knock his block off...

What has the man done(managerial wise) absolutely fuk all.... He will be gone by xmas. This was our chance to get a good mgr, malkey, hughton or dimattemo, I bet DJ is pissing himself.

The only good thing is who he maybe able to attract, but weve been trying that for 6 years, we needed a mgr who can work with our youth set up as Makay has done so well with at watford.

Im genuinley devastated. Remember this post. it will end in disaster. :x

never were a truer word in the old addage...

"It's a funny old game..."

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I don't see what the big deal is, could be worse, could have been Alan Durban again - now that was shocking!

bobbankbandit wrote:Im seething, that our beloved club is going to be run by a man who's 8 game entire mangerial experience ended in relegation. We have now probably lost our only true passionate bluebird bellers, I do recall Mr Shearer threatening to knock his block off...

What has the man done(managerial wise) absolutely fuk all.... He will be gone by xmas. This was our chance to get a good mgr, malkey, hughton or dimattemo, I bet DJ is pissing himself.

The only good thing is who he maybe able to attract, but weve been trying that for 6 years, we needed a mgr who can work with our youth set up as Makay has done so well with at watford.

Im genuinley devastated. Remember this post. it will end in disaster. :x

Agree.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 67,00.html

oh dear.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 pm

well you have Dave Jones out --------------- hearer must deliver ..........said all the way along be careful what you wish for

Shaearer stats - has he ever won a match ???

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Don't beat yourself up Carl you get far more right than wrong and if as you think this is a commercial appointment rather than a football one so be it.

We have just gone through a 6 year roller coaster with an experienced football manager which resulted every year in disappointment, here we have a young manager yes inexperienced but as a player if he hadn't lived the dream at Newcastle would have had a cupboard full of winners medals.

Shearer will want Bellamy surely he is not that much of a fool the question is who else can he attract.

I can see an exciting few weeks ahead for Bluebird fans so lets get behind the legend that is Alan Shearer. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:shearer has respect and contracts.

Respect - or regarded as a joke after the Lennon incident, his blandness on MOTD?

Utterly ridiculous decision when far better managers available. And when Shearer fails and has to be replaced, many of those considered now may not want to be considered for here again.