Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Carl, you're not really thinking this through are you? The one thing the malaysians want more than anything is success, that means promotion to the PL asap. I don't think they are that stupid that they would take two weeks to pick a manager based purely on raising our profile.

shearer is the epitomy of the old age cliche 'good players don't necessarily make good managers' lets hope the malaysians don't get hit too hard in the pocket when this publicity stunt costs them more than they earn from it!

why all these negative comments before hes had a chance, at the moment I do not know what to feel but lets get behind him

Ive said this before we could of had Mourinho working for nothing and there still would of been negative comments.

Carl, fairplay to you, your normally spot on, I just think on this one they had thought they knew who they wanted until someone mentioned shearer no doubt!!

lets be honest when it dcomes to players whose gonna get the best ones in mackey or shearer....itll be shearer everytime ....maybe inexperienced but hes got big contacts so we never know ,mackay is pretty inexperienced as well so like i say on the case of players sheaer will get the better ones in.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:40 pm

I have been saying all along we may be in for a surprise.

Alan has next to no experience in management and buying players from lower leagues etc but if they have chosen him then I will give the man the benefit of doubt and give him my full backing.

He is a fresh new manager and he could make or brake us it does seem a gamble especially with all the other names being branded around but he will have contacts in the game and is well respected.

So if its Alan then lets all av a disco . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:40 pm

If Dowie turns up, then we're fucked. Plain and simple.

If this turns out to be true, the club have made a mistake. A footballing man is not someone who summarises on BBC TV one or twice a week. A footballing man is someone who lives and breathes football. Wenger saying he will celebrate his birthday by watching a German Reserve team match, Fergie who rings all new managers to offer advice, even Rafa Benitez constantly saying he wants a job again.

Alan Shearer has had 720 minutes of managerial match day experience & plays a lot of golf.

We wanted a manager to get us up and we've got the Sheared and Dowie dream team. I'm embarassed

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Shearer as manager will raise the profile of Cardiff in Malaysia. This is how these guys work, I know as I have worked amongst these types of people. I never believed we would go for the likes of Hughton, Davies, De Matteo etc etc because simple they are just not big names. At one point I thought they would go for Zola but although he won alot more than Shearer and played for a superior country and club, Shearer played for England and was the captain. Thay guys is what makes the bosses of our club comfortable.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 pm

i called it :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 pm

The board, Jenkins, the Malaysians and the rest are clowns. Simple.

They spent this long looking to find the right man and have come up with Alan f*cking Shearer? Seriously? The worst of the bunch (excluding maybe Toshack lol). One job in management getting a fairly decent team relegated for the Premier League? I am speechless. You have to wonder what is going on in peoples minds, not only a proven failure of a manager with a club he loves more than any other - but it'll also mean that we wont be seeing Bellamy next season.

LEAGUE ONE, HERE WE COME, LEAGUE ONE, LEAGUE ONE, HERE WE COME!

PS. The only positive from this, will be seeing how all the people who abused DJ all season long will react. You thought this season gone was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet! :lol:
Last edited by McMurdo on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:44 pm

You must say took 2 weeks to find a manager then they employ a football pundit you must say (GJ) found the right man what a joke he is

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Stunned us All Carl, I thought it was Chris Hughton, then I Def thought it was Mackay and he himself did.

Will Shearer be a Good Manager ? Hmm, Time will Tell. BUT I WILL BACK HIM 100% :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

like you said you get 95% of things right Annis but that's cool m8 can't get em all right .

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

If Messrs Jenkins,Whitely & the invisible Malaysian jokers pull a stunt like installing the former England captain with his proud managerial CV and case history with Bellers ,I reckon it's only a matter of time until they become as popular as John Toshack & his farkin gypo army ! If this rumour has an element of truth to it I'd expect a long overdue backlash . Step in Sam Hammam . Is it April 1st ????

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:And I am stunned at the news I am being told.

Throughout all the goings on over who will be the next City manager, I have been wrong, my contacts, sources and even the reporters I speak with have all been wrong.

I am told that the press will go tomorrow morning with Alan Shearer to be announced as next manager of Cardiff City ahead of an official announcement later tomorrow.

I know that the deal is not done and dusted but the club's officials believe that they will get it done tomorrow and dot the i's and cross the t's.

Yes I was told from within our club earlier today that they would get the announcement done today but it is evident to what I am writing now that is not happening.

As a fan and forget all the talk of me being close to sources and contacts, simply from a fan's perspective I feel this decision is a commercial decision more than a football one. By bringing in Alan Shearer will undoubtedly raise our profile at home and abroad but personally I wanted to hear of a manager with far greater experience that, what is it, has 8 failed games of experience ?

If I have to come out over the course of the season and admit I am wrong about Shearer's ability to deliver then I will but at this present moment I am feeling pretty gutted.

Will this end the chance of Craig Bellamy being a Cardiff City player next season ?

Given what has been written of alleged bust ups between the pair then I think the answer could very well be obvious.

Again I will say, in my opinion, this is a commercial decision and not a football one and if anyone suggests this an agenda by me against the Malaysians are simply talking crap these are my personnel feelings right now.

I do not feel this is an appointment made by Gethin Jenkins but one made by the controlling powers and I pray it does not spell disaster for us.

not for me im afraid carl
a step in the wrong direction off on my holidays gutted

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 pm

I didn't want to hear this, I would much prefer a more experienced manager but I guess we will give him a chance....

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Hay guys let just give him his chance if he no good get rid off him he got a job on his hands with only one striker on the books
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Carlos don't be so hard on yourself boyo, he say it as it is with facts in front of you as you see them.

Why not Shearer?

Yes I would have like an experienced manager but is it twenty years of experience or one years experience twenty times, remember the experienced mr jones...

Let's not get negative before we kick a ball, everyone behind him and onwards and upwards.

A controversial question?

What's switching people off him? Is it the inexperience of Shearer or the feeling that doesn't sit right yet about singing the name and praising the former, quite recent, captain of our friends across the bridge??? :old:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 pm

fukin stunned :shock:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm

PLEASE NOT f*cking SHEARER¬!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm

A Few points,Why was Chops sold if his hero from Newcastle was to be our new manager :?:

Why did VT and TG - Ask for Bellers input,if he is not coming back :?:

Why give up a good job on Match of the Day,if he is not getting more money,when others would do the job for less :?:

Is Chris Hughton still in with a chance of being his number 2 :?:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:54 pm

I hope this is a lesson to you all, be careful what you wish for!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Judge Shearer in a few months not before hes even announced officially. If it is him then get behind him and the team ! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Really wanted to see Malky Mackay installed as manager, thought that he would been perfect for us.. Personally not a big fan of Mr Shearer, however he gets Moonmouse's full support. Good Luck Alan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm

shearer do the :ayatollah:

maybe he will have lee dixon as his no. 2 (only joking)

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm

moonmouse wrote:Really wanted to see Malky Mackay installed as manager, thought that he would been perfect for us.. Personally not a big fan of Mr Shearer, however he gets Moonmouse's full support. Good Luck Alan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wanted Mackay too. Oh well, Shearer it is ! :?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 pm

d20 wrote:lets be honest when it dcomes to players whose gonna get the best ones in mackey or shearer....itll be shearer everytime ....maybe inexperienced but hes got big contacts so we never know ,mackay is pretty inexperienced as well so like i say on the case of players sheaer will get the better ones in.

How do you know that?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05 pm

GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE

The more I think of it the more happy I am cant wait for the new signings and the new season lets all av a disco. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl m8 you give us so much info on here between you and Annis which is great keep it up.

I just look on here for info now not the echo haven't had the echo for ages now what you share with us is appreciated m8.

Yon can not relay information which is right all the time we no that so chill m8 just keep it up don't stop posting otherwise what we all gonna do

NICE 1 CARL CHIN UP DUDE.

Firstly, I wanted Malky Mackay, however

What a fantastic appointment in my opinion. Has cost me a few bob but thats the chance you take.

Don't be so negative all of you. He took over a Toon team that was all but down. OK, he failed to keep them up. It happens.

He is going to be able to recruit all sorts of players. He's mates with all sort's of Premier league managers and friends of premier league managers. Who knows who we are going to see at CCS in August (Michael Owen?). Great fun times ahead.

And Ian Dowie. Why not. Stop being so paranoid u lot. A dream team if u ask me.

Don't worry Carl. This came from leftfield and fooled us all.

Lets hope Super Al and Craig can (have?) patched things up. There will be only one winner there if they haven't.

On a different note, I wonder who bet £50 k in Australia. Would have made a tidy sum at 10-1. Luckily, the Malaysians aren't in the gambling industry.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Shearer :ayatollah: Shearer :ayatollah: Shearer

Good choice by the board imo he will bring money to the club and thats what its all about & if we signed Malky Mackay and give him a good budget and he doesnt get the job done like DJ what then throw more money at it until we go bust at least with Shearer if we dont do it then the club will be in a better position financially.Very cleaver business by the board.

If this club is to go anywhere in the future then we need to clear our debts and Shearer becoming our next manager will help with that alot plus alot of players will want to play for him and that makes us contenders next season.

I understand peoples feelings but for me the debt & the future of this club is more important than risky financial push for the premier league because the club cant just keep throwing money at it.

& its Shearer for fck sake not some bum on the street & i for 1 am 100% behind him. :old:

Really wanted to see Malky Mackay installed as manager, thought that he would been perfect for us.. Personally not a big fan of Mr Shearer, however he gets Moonmouse's full support.

I'm certain that Mr Tan's very fat wallet is about to be opened.... Good Luck Alan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:06 pm

I can't believe that I am a little unsure about City signing Alan Shearer! :o That said I'm looking at the positives unlike most of us so far! :ayatollah:

His time at Newcastle didn't go well but remember he was only brought in with 8 games to go and asked to save a sinking ship. He didn't get off to a great start but it was only 8 games!

The man has more money than most of us can ever wish for, he had a brilliant job on MOTD so surely he isn't going to give that up unless it was for something he really believed in. I also think for him to have taken the job (if he does) that he must know what the club are going to give him by way of a budget and it must have made him realise we mean business!

Personally I wanted Malkay Mackay but does he have anything like the stature and contacts in the game as Shearer? Not by a long chalk.

I think this next few weeks could be immense!

I fcuking excited now!

We're gonna sign Alan Fcuking Shearer! Manure couldn't manage that!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: