Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Really wanted to see Malky Mackay installed as manager, thought that he would been perfect for us.. Personally not a big fan of Mr Shearer, however he gets Moonmouse's full support.

I'm certain that Mr Tan's very fat wallet is about to be fully opened....Great signings on the way!

Good Luck Alan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by moonmouse on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Not happy at all. Lets hope he can prove me wrong.

Re: I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:I totally agree with you on this one CARL, however we must give the guy a chance, he has a wealth of playing experience, great contacts within the game and was truly a passionate player and if he can emulate any of this into our team this season then i feel he could go down really well with us. i understand the malaysians raising the profile of the club which in my opinion they have tried to do all along and were pretty glas when DJ failed so they could bring a big name in, they never intended to ever appoint mckay or hughton it was always going to be a big name that fans from abroad had heard of, and how more fitting than ALan shearer, a presenter on MOTD all the time, associated with football in every breathe and a true goalscoring great that will be remembered as a cracking player.
it is a commercial step but i also feel he could become a good manager for us, he certainly talks the talk lets just hope he can walk the walk as the saying goes!!
i will support him fully and hope he can bring some good players in with his contacts, plus show some passion and actually have some respect for the fans!!

ALAN SHEARER'S BARMY ARMY!!!!

Good shout! It could all go commercially wrong and the Malaysians will have to dig even deeper into their pockets but there's no way Shearer would take this on if he didnt think he could make a success of it. He has big Managerial aspirations and if he doesnt get this right, after the Newcastle debarcle, he'll be finished and NO ONE will consider him again as a serious Manger. If he DOES get it right then happy days, even if he uses us as a stepping stone!

I would still prefer someone to come in and set the Club up solidly from top to bottom, which is unlikely with Shearer as he will be looking for instant success which means concentrating on the first team (which comes with a price tag), but a steady appointment now looks unlikely, so its back on the rollercoaster which shouldn't really surprise anyone!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I think it was time for something different, I think this could be a good thing, if Shearer can bring in some good backroom staff then look out i reckon...keep the faith i say

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 pm

If it is in fact Shearer I will be devastated.

I f*cking hate the guy. Arrogant, egotistical c**t.

What a bitter dissapointment the sacking of Dave Jone could be.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Carl thank you for being honest and humble tonight.
Most of the stuff you put up turns out right but in football, the unexpected happens. That is why football is so addictive.
One thing that you can be absolutely certain of, money will not be a problem with Shearer at the helm. He would not be coming here if the money to buy quality players, was not available in spades. The Malaysians have shown their intent, they will buy their way into the Premier League, come what may.
This will be a very interesting month, climb aboard everybody and watch the Bluebirds soar. If last season was high in expectations, this one will blow the lid off.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Im shocked...... 2 Things come to mind, Why has it taken soooo long to get him in? and 2, Why interview the other 20+ managers if Shearer was top of the list?....... Stunned....... All the managers out these and we pick Shearer. I think some people could be getting some back lash if this goes tits up. My god, We could have had another push to the playoffs with Jonesy......

On the other hand you never know..... :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 pm

i cant believe this, all this time to pick a suitable MANAGER then this comes to light.

not exactly good pedigree is it.

8 games 5 losses, 2 draws and 1 win, this is whats swung the powers that be he's the right man.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Carl,

This just proves your many doubters even more wrong.

When you've been told false information, you've actually got the guts to come on here and say it.

As for AS being manager, I will support him 100% as I would with whoever we got.

The "Shearer Factor" could have a big impact on players joining us as well.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Alan fooking Shearer ??????

Give him a chance, this could be a massive show of intent, he is sure to be given a fantastic budget and was their when Blackburn rose from nowhere to Premier League Champions.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, Alan Shearer's blue and white Army :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 pm

I think that you are being rather over self-important. No one really cares whether you were right or wrong - we do have other things to worry about you know, so just get over yourself.

Anyway, as for Shearer, if he gets the job, then I think that, whereas there is a risk, it is an imaginative and adventurous appointment unlike.....Malky Mackay :roll:

If he is sensible, he'll surround himself with an experienced coaching team, and I'd be surprised if he joined without having agreed to having some money to spend.

Also, seeing as we have to get half a new team include 2 new strikers, who do you think they are likely to want to come and play for? Alan Shearer or....Malky Mackay / some list of managers that no one has ever heard of?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't know why but after being completely shocked and sad at the appointment I'm now starting to warm to the idea :ayatollah:

Only at CCFC eh?
:ayatollah:

Alan Shearers Barmy Army

Do the ayatollah Shearer!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:55 pm

castleblue wrote:Don't beat yourself up Carl you get far more right than wrong and if as you think this is a commercial appointment rather than a football one so be it.

We have just gone through a 6 year roller coaster with an experienced football manager which resulted every year in disappointment, here we have a young manager yes inexperienced but as a player if he hadn't lived the dream at Newcastle would have had a cupboard full of winners medals.

Shearer will want Bellamy surely he is not that much of a fool the question is who else can he attract.

I can see an exciting few weeks ahead for Bluebird fans so lets get behind the legend that is Alan Shearer. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on castle :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

im wid u carl it more of a commercial appointment than footballing one but i do think he will hav some pulling power within the football circles so look out for some decent signings!!!!! lets all give him our backing and roar us into the prem!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Carl you always attempt to keep us up to date with everything that is going on at Cardiff. I for one am always excited to read your posts to find out what is happening behind the scenes at CCFC. On this occasion I'm sure you were very near the truth on most of your posts. I'm not sure that our wonderful Chief Executive knows what the hell is going on and so the choice of manager has probably changed several times already.
For me this is definitely the wrong choice and so again I hope it turns out to be incorrect. However, come what may if he is chosen to become our new manager he will get my 100% support from day one.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:01 pm

says here that it is a done deal and that tommy craig will be his no. 2

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Al ... 47021.html

not sure what to think but will back and support 100%

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Oh, so I won't be getting the job?

L. O. L. ! :P

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Carl thats football things change constantly, i for 1 always appreciate these updates!!

I think the guy has a great footballing brain, great contacts, passionate and wont take shit!! even though i was hoping for mackay or hugton or even hughes, i will back the guy 100%, think he could get us some good players in. :ayatollah:

As long as we keep bellamy as a priority and get earnshaw in I will be happy!! but the rumours of bellamy & shearer not getting on worries me as I would prefer bellamy playing for us next season rather than shearer managing us!!

oh well fun & games for the next few weeks again then!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:13 pm

All managers start somewhere!! His newcastle career means nothing as they were virtually down anyway! He might be a dam good manager, he may not, but he will have contacts and respect in the game!! If it happens we have to give him our full support! As for bellamy, it was 7 years ago, maybe they can move on and be professional, time will tell :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:30 pm

crazy to think we have maybe turned down 3 excellent candidates for commercial alan shearer. they must be giving him a huge pot of cash thats for sure. never a dull moment eh.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm

First of all Carl, don't worry about it, these things happen. Decisions change quickly in football! Smokescreens?

The more I think about it, the better it sounds. Martin O'Neill was a pundit, and look how he turned out. Sheerer will have all the contacts, and be keen to prove himself in the 'real' footballing world as a manager. Presumably he will have some money to spend.

Watford have been saying all along that no approach was made. Even if it had, Macay is on a three year contract, and we would have to pay some serious compo.

Some people on this board would be complaining if we had just appointed Pep Guardiola :lol: So if it is Alan Sheerer, lets get 100% behind him, and the team, and the owners. The only alternative is to moan and sulk like last season. Let's hope for happier days.

As for Bellamy and Sheerer not getting on, well that happens all the time in life. If they both end up here, then they have to grow up, and get on with it. Onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 pm

To be fair Carl, I think anyone could have got it wrong over the last 2 weeks - I'm suprised god wasnt even on paddy power as odds on favourite :lol:

I will only have opinions really once we start bringing players in and what calibre they are

At the end of the day we will all still be there come rain or shine to support the team

Lets just hope we manage to get some quality in and good cover in depth in all areas for a change :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Tommy Craig will be Shearer's No.2, he was sacked by Charleroi after they were relegated.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:16 pm

[quote="crash"]says here that it is a done deal and that tommy craig will be his no. 2

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Al ... 47021.html

not sure what to think but will back and support 100%[/quote

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/w ... -22187324/

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :o

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Give the guy a chance, he only had 8 games to save a newcastle side that was going down.
Let him build a team from scratch and give him a chance to prove he's a top class manager.
Give him a chance to be a legend!!!

SHEARER IS A BLUEBIRD!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Well if it is Shearer he must have been offered a very good contract and promised a large budget and he has the contacts to attract some very good players to the CCS. As long as he has a good No 2 alongside him it could work out but would Bellamy want to come back and play under Shearer???

I will back him 100% and we all have to give him a decent chance but the definition of success will be to finish higher than Dave Jones and that means a minimum of 3rd place and promotion via the Play Offs or Top 2 and automatic can Shearer deliver only time will tell :old:

All climb aboard the roller coaster called Cardiff city FC :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 pm

[quote="castleblue"]Don't beat yourself up Carl you get far more right than wrong and if as you think this is a commercial appointment rather than a football one so be it.

We have just gone through a 6 year roller coaster with an experienced football manager which resulted every year in disappointment, here we have a young manager yes inexperienced but as a player if he hadn't lived the dream at Newcastle would have had a cupboard full of winners medals.

Shearer will want Bellamy surely he is not that much of a fool the question is who else can he attract.

I can see an exciting few weeks ahead for Bluebird fans so lets get behind the legend that is Alan Shearer. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

what the f**k have you been drinking shearer cant stand Bellamy and every body who's anybody in football knows it,
so wake up and smell the coffee there's no way Bellamy will be playing for you next season if shearer is in charge. :shock:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:39 pm

FFS i wanted a early night tonight and this goes and kicks off.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Typical doom and gloom from the city fans! Stop f*&^%g moaning and get behind our new manager! SSHHEEEEEEAREEEEEER!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:Will this end the chance of Craig Bellamy being a Cardiff City player next season ?

Given what has been written of alleged bust ups between the pair then I think the answer could very well be obvious.

I really hope Bellers will come back. The 2 should put their history behind each other as you only live once and there's no point them just being all funny about it.

If having Shearer, means we cant get Bellers back then I don't want Shearer.

I see no reason why they can't put their differences aside and work together for the good of the football club.

Bellers has said he wants to stay, so surely Shearer's appointment won't change his decision if he loves our club. Also, I would like to think that in the interview he was asked about bringing back Bellers and he said yes!

Hopefully with Shearer AND Bellers, We'll be there! They should both move on for the good of the football club. Hopefully the Malaysians will back us and get Bellers and I would like to think that Shearer wouldn't turn down the opportunity of getting a player of Bellers quality at this level. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: