Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HAVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 pm

If its true then im SHOCKED!!!
but very happy :D :D :D :D as shearer was my hero as a kid :oops:
but from a cardiff city point of view VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VEY ODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Everybody seen the update?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 pm

harley wrote:Everybody seen the update?

I have

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I have

what the latest Mr Curtis?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Daya wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I have

what the latest Mr Curtis?

Shearer says Talks have been unsuccessful Steve.

Leaves us with a bit of a problem as one particular manager is and I quote "Pissed Off", going to be a case of tail between the legs me thinks.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 pm

talks with Shearer broke down :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 pm

what the latest Mr Curtis?[/quote]
Shearer says Talks have been unsuccessful Steve.

Leaves us with a bit of a problem as one particular manager is and I quote "Pissed Off", going to be a case of tail between the legs me thinks.[/quote]

sounds like a right farce mate.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 am

Sky Sports News still saying Shearer and Cardiff have held talks ( reported at 1:43am ), nothing being reported on there in the last 30 mins about talks breaking down.. :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 am

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:Sky Sports News still saying Shearer and Cardiff have held talks ( reported at 1:43am ), nothing being reported on there in the last 30 mins about talks breaking down.. :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

sky news not sky sports news

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:07 am

carlccfc wrote:
Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:Sky Sports News still saying Shearer and Cardiff have held talks ( reported at 1:43am ), nothing being reported on there in the last 30 mins about talks breaking down.. :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

sky news not sky sports news

Ahhh, cheers Carl, will change channel now. :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 am

Ahhh I see the ' breaking news ' banner on Sky News at the bottom saying " Alun Shearer says talks with cardiff over managerial role were unsuccessful ".

Damn..... So are we back to Malky Mackay or Hughton being favourite now ? I hope so.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 am

Once again it appears many have 'jumped the gun' and started to bombard this MB with their opinions even BEFORE an OFFICIAL announce is anywhere near being made....

No doubt the club held talks with Shearer and no doubt they have held talks with other POTENTIAL candidates too....

What about we ALL settle down for the night and see what tomorrow brings, eh??

One thing is for CERTAIN and that is that the club have played a 'blinder' over the whole issue, as NO-ONE has been able to second guess the outcome of the managerial chase and it shows no sign of abating....

But then again, does it?? And that is my point....

None of US mere mortals REALLY knows WTF is happening at the moment and until such a time as an announcement is made I think we should all just chill out, relax and stop trying to pre-empt the outcome. You never know, it may just all turn out dandy and (as Annis said) I will support WHOEVER gets the job 100%....!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:17 am

carlccfc wrote:And I am stunned at the news I am being told.

Throughout all the goings on over who will be the next City manager, I have been wrong, my contacts, sources and even the reporters I speak with have all been wrong.

I am told that the press will go tomorrow morning with Alan Shearer to be announced as next manager of Cardiff City ahead of an official announcement later tomorrow.

I know that the deal is not done and dusted but the club's officials believe that they will get it done tomorrow and dot the i's and cross the t's.

Yes I was told from within our club earlier today that they would get the announcement done today but it is evident to what I am writing now that is not happening.

As a fan and forget all the talk of me being close to sources and contacts, simply from a fan's perspective I feel this decision is a commercial decision more than a football one. By bringing in Alan Shearer will undoubtedly raise our profile at home and abroad but personally I wanted to hear of a manager with far greater experience that, what is it, has 8 failed games of experience ?

If I have to come out over the course of the season and admit I am wrong about Shearer's ability to deliver then I will but at this present moment I am feeling pretty gutted.

Will this end the chance of Craig Bellamy being a Cardiff City player next season ?

Given what has been written of alleged bust ups between the pair then I think the answer could very well be obvious.

Again I will say, in my opinion, this is a commercial decision and not a football one and if anyone suggests this an agenda by me against the Malaysians are simply talking crap these are my personnel feelings right now.

I do not feel this is an appointment made by Gethin Jenkins but one made by the controlling powers and I pray it does not spell disaster for us.

You confessed too soon mate!! Looks like it's not Shearer after all. You just couldn't make it up. Never dull supporting the City though. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:21 am

Cheers Carl, great update :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:48 am

Carl your back in the game lol :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:59 am

The Premier 1 wrote:i cant believe this, all this time to pick a suitable MANAGER then this comes to light.

not exactly good pedigree is it.

8 games 5 losses, 2 draws and 1 win, this is whats swung the powers that be he's the right man.

thank f**k for that :ayatollah: