Re: Shearer: POLL

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Who's Alana Shearer? :lol:

Re: Shearer: POLL

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Haha oooops :oops:

Re: " SHEARER : POLL "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Would rather McKay but I'm not totally against shearer.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 pm

No way! For one reason and that's belamy!!

I'm sure the board have thought this through! :twisted:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Manager Record
Newcastle United 1 April 2009 24 May 2009
G= 8, W=1, D=2, L=5, Win 12.5%

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Can't believe how close the poll is :shock:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Does bellamy get on with ALANA SHEARER :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Wish there was a unsure button :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:Manager Record

That will mean nothing IMO.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Merlin wrote:

That will mean nothing IMO.

newcastle had already given hope when alan was appointed and he had a virtually impossible task of turning around a team that had already quit,im certain hell do well for us

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 pm

I want bellamy end of.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Yes is winning :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Good appointment IMHO
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:14 pm

my first post. been a passive participant for a while but feel the urge to cast my opinion.

i don't understand some of the outrageous negative comments against Alan Shearer. for us to be associated with such high profile people is just superb considering our journey thusfar. We need to be supporting our club with its choices. Yes, Alan Shearer would also add a commercial gain, but that is a good thing. Football is also a business and the owners know this. Shearer would also bring a high level of knowledge and experience to the team that is nothing but positive.

As for Bellamy not being part of the plans because of him? I'd be disappointed if he snubbed his hometown club because of an historical tit-for-tat.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 pm

great news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 pm

I think Bellas is a big enough ,an to put it all behind him with Shearer, i think they will work great together, let the past be the past i say

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:28 pm

It seems that a lot of people are backing him then!

I hope that this faith is rewarded on the pitch! I don't think it will work out, but obviously I hope i'm proven very, very wrong!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

he comes over as a nice guy. could he be to soft in the dressing room?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:43 pm

ninianblue wrote:he comes over as a nice guy. could he be to soft in the dressing room?

lol!!! he aint soft m8

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:44 pm

ninianblue wrote:he comes over as a nice guy. could he be to soft in the dressing room?

He didn't take no shit off Roy Keane when they played each other

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm

As long as he accepts Bellers is our Hero and if it was a choice between the two i will pick Bellers every time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 pm

In fainess to Shearer, Newcastle were already at a loose end when he took over, the club were free falling and it was around about the time that all the shit was going on with Ashley, wanting to sell the club and run away etc etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong!
He will get my 100% backing, and I for one will give him a chance, you never know he just might be the missing part of the jigsaw in this beautiful club that I love.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Gutted from a non Football point of view as I have never taken to Shearer, I am a massive fan of Bellamy and was a massive fan of Roy Keane.

Two people Shearer has fallen out with.

He comes accross as arrogant to me.

Cant deny his ability as a player, and as I dont know him personaly all my feelings are from heresay, rumour and what you read and see on TV.. ;) , basing it on that assumption, I cant see him having much of a relationship with our fans, he's going to think he's above us, I could be and hope Im wrong.

Anyway, moving on from all that because this is about what is best for Cardiff City Football Club, not who and what MillarFromTheHalfWayLine likes :lol:

Ill support him 100% but I had to vote no in the poll because he's not my prefered choice.

Its a gamble, a big big gamble, he could turn out to be a briliant manager, but Iv got a gut feeling that he wont be.

:(

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm

What a statement of intent from the club if this is true. I cannot believe the anti Shearer posts by some on here. These are probably the "always s*** on the english side of the bridge" brigade. As a footballer, face facts, Shearer was the best centre forward of our generation. He will command respect in the dressing room by his presence alone and I couldnt imagine players going out on the lash and facing up to him in training the next morning. When a player considers a number of clubs to play for, apart from the money on offer, I would like to think that the draw of playing under Shearer would be massive. Yes, he couldnt keep Newcastle up, but this should not prevent him from another crack at the whip. My only fear is that if he is successful and leads us up to the Premiership he will jump ship to a bigger club, nearer to his north eastern roots, but who will care if we are in the Premiership. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Let's get behind him!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Bellamy is still coming guys, dont worry! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:24 pm

I don't come on here to make a fuss, just stating how varied opinions are on the appointment as CCMB poll the majority has disagreed with it.

Im unsure myself. hmm.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Deano1 wrote:Bellamy is still coming guys, dont worry! :ayatollah:

I think if there is any truth in Bellamy coming back then he would have been worded up about Shearer and visa versa so Deano on that assumption I think you're right :)

Shearer do the ayatollah :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:30 pm

[quote="charlieduke"] As a footballer, face facts, Shearer was the best centre forward of our generation. He will command respect in the dressing room by his presence alone and I couldnt imagine players going out on the lash and facing up to him in training the next morning. When a player considers a number of clubs to play for, apart from the money on offer, I would like to think that the draw of playing under Shearer would be massive. quote]

Please dont take this as being negative but it doesnt always work out like that mate.

Paul Ince & David Platt didnt excactly do wonders.

Shearer was one of the Worlds best centre forwards of his generation, but it doesnt mean the lads of today will instantly respect him Im afraid, it all depends on how highly the guy in thought of by his fellow proffesionals as to whether they will be attracted to Cardiff.

As fans of Cardiff we like to think that players will want to come here, but lets be honest, if Thiery Henry was the manager of Barnsley, I wouldnt be jumping through circles to get there if I was at an equal club or higher, by your sentiements, lads in the conference or league 2 will be chomping at the bit to play under DI Canio at Swindon.

I dont buy it mate, hope Im wrong. :ayatollah: