Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy vs Shearer... one comment just summed it all up

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:01 pm

it said "given the choice, it'd be Bellars for me"

and there lies the exact problem in appointing Shearer

not only will Bellamy not be playing for Cardiff next season, but that means it will become a choice for many fans which will lead to Shearer being given less time and backing if things dont go well right from the beginning

Bellamy aside, this could be a sensible appointment

because of Bellamy, this has got disaster written all over it for me

but he will have my full support and i hope he gets everyone's too

Re: Bellamy vs Shearer... one comment just summed it all up

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:it said "given the choice, it'd be Bellars for me"

not only will Bellamy not be playing for Cardiff next season, but that means it will become a choice for many fans which will lead to Shearer being given less time and backing if things dont go well right from the beginning

How do you know they havent kissed and made up? :D

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Dange wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:it said "given the choice, it'd be Bellars for me"

How do you know they havent kissed and made up? :D

mate i would LOVE it if they have, love it

i just cant see it

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 pm

i thought bellamy was having chats with the malaysians on who should be the next manager?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Alan Shearer will not let personal feelings get in the way of him signing a player. If it's the right move for the club he'll do it.

I think too much is being made about something that happened a very long time ago. And besides that, the manager is more important than any one player, even if it is Bellamy.

Bellamy has got a couple of seasons left in him at best. We could be in the Champion's League under Shearer by then! Ok a bit far fetched but that's the scenario we're talking about here.

We cannot base our choice of manager on one player especially when Man City are reported t want 4 million for him and he's always one game away from never playing again.

SHEARER, SHEARER, SHEARER!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:10 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:it said "given the choice, it'd be Bellars for me" I said that Chief so dont Know if you are Referring to me. But what would the Toon supporters have done or what did they do when it came to Ashley against Keegan and Shearer ?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm

the thing is we aint got bellamy at the mo and may have to pay big dollar for him.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Howey1927 wrote:Alan Shearer will not let personal feelings get in the way of him signing a player. If it's the right move for the club he'll do it.

I think too much is being made about something that happened a very long time ago. And besides that, the manager is more important than any one player, even if it is Bellamy.

Bellamy has got a couple of seasons left in him at best. We could be in the Champion's League under Shearer by then! Ok a bit far fetched but that's the scenario we're talking about here.

We cannot base our choice of manager on one player especially when Man City are reported t want 4 million for him and he's always one game away from never playing again.

SHEARER, SHEARER, SHEARER!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

the problem is, he wont believe its the right move for the club because he thinks bellamy is more trouble than hes worth