Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " IS ALAN SHEARER "

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Keegan was a Awesome player but a inexperienced Manager also when he started with Newcastle and look what he did for them, its a shame Fergie drove him to have a meltdown with the mind games but Keegan never could grasp defending.

I personally liked shearer as a player and i hope it works for us and him.

I’m still shocked though

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 pm

I think we'll see a bit more passion coming from the dug out next season.!!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:I have said on many occasions to those fans who wanted Dave Jones out to be careful what you wish for. My opinion was and still is that getting rid of Dave Jones will result in us having manager after manager over the next 4 or 5 seasons as manager after manager fail. I won't be booing the manager or the players whatever happens but let's hope I am proved wrong and have to eat humble pie and that Shearer or whoever is the new manager turns out to be a good appointment. I just have that horrible feeling that I won't be proved wrong and the sacking of Dave Jines will be the start of our drop down the table or even worse down to Division 1 (or Division 3 as I still regard it) in the next few seasons.

DJ had to go. He'd lost the dressing room and most of the fans...and the boardroom too. He, like his players, is a bottler and he left us with a skeleton squad of mediocre players. He was simply incapable of getting us over the finishing line. He was very well resourced by the Malaysians last season.....AND HE FAILED. He could not be trusted with another £16m budget so had to go. Shearer is a gamble but for goodness sake let's give him a chance before we talk about relegation.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:IS ALAN SHEARER DIVIDING OUR FANS ?

Reading comments on here, Facebook and other Forums
Poll
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49545#p458576
Why are We so Divided ?

I am Stunned by the Decision to have Alan Shearer as Our New manager, BUT WE HAVE TO ALL GIVE HIM OUR 100% SUPPORT, REMEMBER SHEARER IS AN ENGLAND LEGEND, SO NO MORE ANTI ENGLAND SONGS :lol: :lol:

By virtue of the fact that he is not everyone's first choice you could say that he is dividing our fans, but there is not one candidate who was supported by all of our fans, so the same could be said about everyone. To be honest we are all in shock because NONE OF US saw this coming. We were all fed different names by different sources and it will take a while for the appointment to sink in...so perhaps it's a bit early to be asking this type of question.