Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This forum

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I must confess to logging on to this site and MM's on a daily basis to catch up on all things City related. Living so far away, this is my fix for the addictive drug that is Cardiff City AFC. Normally just a voyeur, only posting when I think I can add something positive to a thread.

However, tonight's comments regarding Shearer's potential appointment, have shown me clearly that many of you share the same viewpoint as myself. Not overly please with the decision, but am 100% behind the guy and am prepared to at least give him a chance to show his worth. "If" he gets a squad of players together that will fight for the privilege to wear the shirt and won't spend half the match on their arse shirking tackles, then that's enough for me. Whoever has the role will have one Hell of a task due to Jones's shit or bust loanee squad tactics (is it possible for tactics and Jones to be used in the same sentence?)

Many on Mike's site however have already condemned the man to fail before a signing is made or a ball is kicked.
No manager could possibly rebuild an entire team under those pressures.

Fickle things are Bluebirds.

Shay Given please...

Re: This forum

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Northamptonblues wrote:I must confess to logging on to this site and MM's on a daily basis to catch up on all things City related. Living so far away, this is my fix for the addictive drug that is Cardiff City AFC. Normally just a voyeur, only posting when I think I can add something positive to a thread.

However, tonight's comments regarding Shearer's potential appointment, have shown me clearly that many of you share the same viewpoint as myself. Not overly please with the decision, but am 100% behind the guy and am prepared to at least give him a chance to show his worth. "If" he gets a squad of players together that will fight for the privilege to wear the shirt and won't spend half the match on their arse shirking tackles, then that's enough for me. Whoever has the role will have one Hell of a task due to Jones's shit or bust loanee squad tactics (is it possible for tactics and Jones to be used in the same sentence?)

Many on Mike's site however have already condemned the man to fail before a signing is made or a ball is kicked.

Shay Given please...

Good post and exciting times ahead me thinks! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Northamptonblues wrote:I must confess to logging on to this site and MM's on a daily basis to catch up on all things City related. Living so far away, this is my fix for the addictive drug that is Cardiff City AFC. Normally just a voyeur, only posting when I think I can add something positive to a thread.

Shay Given please...

Agree we need Given. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I agree and share the same view as you, he would never have been my choice but will support him 100%. I do believe he will get the players fighting for the shirt though, wont take any crap and show the passion that many fans on here wanted Davey Jones to show. So only time will tell whether this will be enough. Hopefully he will make some good signings this summer, get a good pre season in, then prove to us he has the tactical knowledge on top of the passion etc needed to be a good manager.