Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHEARER GOOD OR BAD?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm

ALAN SHEARER.

This must guarantee that he will have a lot of money to spend next year as Shearer would not go somewhere were he thought there was a big chance that he would fail, hence why he hasn't really entered into management until now. - POSITIVE

We are talking about Alan Shearer, the most sucsesful striker in the history of the premier league and he wants to be OUR MANAGER?! Tells you how far we have come as a club in the last few years. - POSITIVE

Alan Shearer is MASSIVE in malaysia apparently, so we will get a bigger fan base out there, therefore growing the club, so that when we eventually get to the premier league we will be able to stay there and grow and grow as a club! - POSITIVE

But, does Alan Shearer know how to manage not only a team, but a football club? He has never had a transfer budget or been involved in the transfer market as a manager, so really its a massive gamble thinking he can rebuild the squad we have now, because lets not forget we need to sign at least 10 players! - POSSIBLE NEGATIVE

Craig Bellamy. This is my biggest problem with the appointment of Alan Shearer. Who would you choose? Bellamy as a player or Shearer as a manager? Obviously most of us would choose Bellamy. I hope Shearer knows that a Cardiff Team with Bellamy will not only benefit the team, but will also benefit him because Bellamy will take a lot of the pressure off the management as regards to keeping the fans happy etc so lets hope they put their differences aside for the sake of the club. - POSSIBLE NEGATIVE

All in all I think footballing wise its not the best appointment because the risks involved are too high, but from a buisness point of view and if it all comes off and Shearer does an amazing job, it is a brilliant appointment, lets hope so!

Shearers Barmy Army! Shearers Barmy Army! Shearers Barmy Army! Shearers Barmy Army! Shearers Barmy Army! Shearers Barmy Army!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: