Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

He'll raise the club's profile.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:39 pm

This appointment of Alan Shearer as our new manager will certainly raise the profile of Cardiff City, good players will want to come and play for him he will attract media attention from not only the local press but also from the national and indeed the international press.

Whether he can get us up this season is another matter, household names don't gaurantee success although with the calibre of player we may attract it is a good bet we'll be amongst the pack challenging for honours.

A lot of posters are dismissing this appointment as a bad choice by TG and VT, but if they back him with some serious money the dream may become a reality.

I believe the profile of our club has risen already with this appointment before we've kicked a ball and personally speaking I can't wait to see who his first signings will be, as it will be a pointer as to what players may join us as we get nearer to the first game.

It's a bold decision IMO so let's enjoy the ride. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: He'll raise the club's profile.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 pm

If he's coming, I hope he does well.... but how much does he know about the Championship and are his contacts relavent there?

Re: He'll raise the club's profile.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 pm

harley wrote:If he's coming, I hope he does well.... but how much does he know about the Championship and are his contacts relavent there?

With the right backroom staff giving him the info he needs he could make a success of this appointment, one things for sure he's a winner, you don't achieve what he has unless you've got something about you.