Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New manager

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 am

I have had a strong feeling for a few weeks that an outsider would get named new manager. So about 2 weeks ago I laid 50 bucks down on hughes at 50/1. I am told by various people that hughes is a potential target but as he is in theory contracted to fulham until 30th june he cannot talk to another club until then. I beleive he has already spoken to us and would love to come here. And that the club and various sources that leak info to the fans via this forum are purposely providing the fans with a smoke screen as fulham cannot get wind of this as we could be in serious breach of fa rules. I fully expect hughes to be named on july 1st unless fulham agree for us to speak to him early. My guess is carl and annis already no who new manager is and are set to make big bucks here as the man they are betting is still at reasonable odds. I'm sure Carl's update will provide us all with some answers soon!
But I beleive it will be mark and bellamy will also return very soon afterwards I hope I am right on both counts

Re: New manager

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am

Any thoughts?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:39 pm

no one willing to speculate on this one?

i thought hughes was nailed on for chelsea but apparently he's in talks with us after asking permission with fulham to speak to us as his contract is nearly over

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm in the "too good to be true" view with this one. I think it would be amazing though. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Think it would be a fantastic appointment for the club :ayatollah:

think him and bellamy here would be great together and someone bellamy can learn from before coming manager but his wages must be very high which means its a non starter for me

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:58 pm

The way things have developed over the last 24 hours i'd grab that with two firm grips.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Hughesy, Hughesy, Hughesy!! Lets get them odds down! :lol: