Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Actually Carl Got It Spot On

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:47 am

When he said the Shearer deal was not done and dusted but he was absolutely right that talks were well advanced with him.

The fact that Shearer himself issued a Statement saying the talks were "Unsuccessful" just after midnight last night with a reference to talks with TG proves discusions were at an advanced stage.

In my opinion Shearer issuing a personal statement lacks a little class on his part and proves that he doesn't give two f**ks about the club who to their credit haven't been formally releasing the name of any candidate. This statement could damage the club chances of getting another of their targets as they may feel they were not the number 1 target.

Anyway looks like Shearer prefers sitting on a couch having a go at others rather than putting the hard hours in himself, never mind plenty more fish in the sea.

Now who has Carl be saying is the leading candidate because if Shearer was the preferred choice of TG & VT where do the club go now. Gethin list ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Actually Carl Got It Spot On

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:50 am

castleblue wrote:When he said the Shearer deal was not done and dusted but he was absolutely right that talks were well advanced with him.

The fact that Shearer himself issued a Statement saying the talks were "Unsuccessful" just after midnight last night with a reference to talks with TG proves discusions were at an advanced stage.

In my opinion Shearer issuing a personal statement lacks a little class on his part and proves that he doesn't give two f**ks about the club who to their credit haven't been formally releasing the name of any candidate. This statement could damage the club chances of getting another of their targets as they may feel they were not the number 1 target.
Anyway looks like Shearer prefers sitting on a couch having a go at others rather than putting the hard hours in himself, never mind plenty more fish in the sea.

Now who has Carl be saying is the leading candidate because if Shearer was the preferred choice of TG & VT where do the club go now. Gethin list ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WHY ???
would you only go for an interview for a job if you were the only candidate ??

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 am

The club need to make an announcement now don't they

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:57 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
castleblue wrote:When he said the Shearer deal was not done and dusted but he was absolutely right that talks were well advanced with him.

WHY ???
would you only go for an interview for a job if you were the only candidate ??

In the main because Chris Hughton was one of the first candidates to put his name into the hat for this job, he has even been putting off joining Martin Jol at Fulham waiting to get a No 1 role rather than a No 2. Now the game has changed again because of the situation at Birmingham.

So yes the club chasing a big name (Shearer) rather than making a decision regarding experienced and more important available managers will have a negative effect because candidates will now be docking their cap at the Birmingham job.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:02 am

Im just relieved its not Shearer

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:07 am

Spot on Gary, Also Mackay was Promised the Job. Hmm

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis people say 24 hours is a long time in football if that's true then 2 weeks is a lifetime and our new owners must learn this and do it quickly.

Forest have shown how to get a new manager and thats look while your existing manager is in place, OK it's not nice but they got rid of Billy Davies one minute and less than a day later they had a new manager in place.

This whole GJ & AW selection panel is now looking like a load of bollocks and indecisive bollocks come to that and the club MUST learn from this.

Birmingham are now looking for a manager 2 weeks after we started looking that will have a knock on effect on us.

As I say IMO this process has been a load of bollocks. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:26 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis people say 24 hours is a long time in football if that's true then 2 weeks is a lifetime and our new owners must learn this and do it quickly.

Forest have shown how to get a new manager and thats look while your existing manager is in place, OK it's not nice but they got rid of Billy Davies one minute and less than a day later they had a new manager in place.

This whole GJ & AW selection panel is now looking like a load of bollocks and indecisive bollocks come to that and the club MUST learn from this.

Birmingham are now looking for a manager 2 weeks after we started looking that will have a knock on effect on us.

As I say IMO this process has been a load of bollocks. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gary I could not agree more with you.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 am

I dont mean to be nasty but how can Shearer be the preferred choice of TG & VT , I mean they really dont know anything about football or shearer, o yes they may know the name but that means F all. There were 2 other guys that have done well with there other team, and we go over them to take a guy that couldnt even win a game with the club he loves and the club he loves wouldnt give him the full time job. So why the hell are we given him the green light and 20 mil to blow ?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 am

^^^^It seems you don't know f**k all about football.

He had eight games to turn around a sinking ship. Hughton couldn't stop the ship from sinking and they turnerd to Shearer for help. Four of those eight games were againt Liverpool, Spurs, Villa and Chelsea. They also had Stoke away.

A Duff OG took Newcastle down. One goal. That's how close it was.

He turned down the Newcastle Utd job full time as he did not want to work with the owner.

He also had a spell as AM to Bobby Robson. They played and won a lot of games under Robson.

He had two spells as AM.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:49 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

agree 100% with you here our club should have been talking with managers agents when they knew Dave Jones was going to be shown the door and I think they knew that a long time ago. We still need a football man at the top, I couldnt give a monkeys who he is, but he must be a football man with all the contacts at his fingertips. No dissrespect to Gethin Jenkins he is probably very effective at the administrative side of things however it looks to me that he has very little or at best only average knowledge of how a football club should be run - what do you thing Stuckster? :lol: . Maybe someone like a Peter Ridsdale (only please not him :lol: ) without the slippery tongue and allegedly greasy palm :lol: - in effect I am saying I wold like an honest football man at the top of our club if there is one of those out there :lol: Enoughs enough now though on the manager front, if it's Mackay the Malaysians want then pay the compo and get him in now if not Hughton must be the man and he will do it for comparative football beans i.e £250,000 per annum.