Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SO IT CONTINUES " (Now back to Mackay)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:it just shows how amateur we are compared to other clubs..

ie. fulham, needed a knew manager, identified their target and sorted it, forest the same, villa knew who they wanted but were rejected all be it.. now brum...

the process we are going through is as if the club are interviewing for a job at tesco.. and making a big balls up on the way...

Roy, I got slated for saying how can we let Gethin Jenkins( 1 season in football) and a Suspended Solicitor look for a manager. I thought WE HAD BECOME A PROFESSIONAL CLUB ?

Can we know the full facts before we start slating the board??????

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:54 am

My Electrician just fitted the wrong tyres on my car.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:59 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:anotherhornet - im talking about things outside of this managers post.

Things you can and can't say on message boards,to do with people/players/club etc...

Well aware of that, however if what has been stated as FACT on here is true, then you must be able to see that it's in breach of League regulations and legal action will follow.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 am

anotherhornet wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:anotherhornet - im talking about things outside of this managers post.

Things you can and can't say on message boards,to do with people/players/club etc...

Well aware of that, however if what has been stated as FACT on here is true, then you must be able to see that it's in breach of League regulations and legal action will follow.

Had a chat with one of your fans on sunday afternoon by phone,not going to post on here what said.
If you know Hollywood fell free to ask him,i have no problems with that.

As for your last point you make - You are correct. ( again if true ).

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:12 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
anotherhornet wrote:

Had a chat with one of your fans on sunday afternoon by phone,not going to post on here what said.
If you know Hollywood fell free to ask him,i have no problems with that.

As for your last point you make - You are correct. ( again if true ).

I'll have a chat with Hollywood later....

What I don't get is that people on here would rather be first with an "EXCLUSIVE" regardless of what damage it could do to the club, than hold such information back. What are the punishments for breaching league rules such as this? Maybe a points deduction, a large fine, a ban for said manager? Whatever the outcome, should Malky end up as your manager I would expect a very hefty compensation package coming our way.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:it just shows how amateur we are compared to other clubs..

ie. fulham, needed a knew manager, identified their target and sorted it, forest the same, villa knew who they wanted but were rejected all be it.. now brum...

the process we are going through is as if the club are interviewing for a job at tesco.. and making a big balls up on the way...

Roy, I got slated for saying how can we let Gethin Jenkins( 1 season in football) and a Suspended Solicitor look for a manager. I thought WE HAD BECOME A PROFESSIONAL CLUB ?

But you said that Mackay was Gethin's choice and Shearer was the choice higher up ? If so, I don't see what Gethin has done wrong.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am

Anotherhornet - sad to say i have fallen guilty of falling into that trap myself mate.

Sometimes its the way in which i word things,or after you think why did i say that :!:

Talk to hollywood,i gave him my word i would not post things that were said between us on here.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 am

Its like a job going in asda shelf stacking for a spotty teen with zitz and buck teeth with 20 interviews the club are dragging it out i know times are hard at the moment money wise but f**k me its like a soap story line :lol:

Re: SO IT CONTINUES

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 am

carlccfc wrote:Very true but the club have put themselves in an awkward position and only have themselves to blame.

To be honest Carl, what does Mackay expect... us not to interview others ?or to go for the best options, I am sure he understands this is an important decision for our club!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 am

carlccfc wrote:I could easily have just sat back today and watched the story unfold but as I have always said I will pass on what I am hearing.

Very late last night, after the talks with Alan Shearer broke down, contact was made to Malky Mackay and his advisors to offer him the opportunity to talk again.

I am aware that Mackay was not exactly pleased with what happened over the course of yesterday he has agreed to meet the clubs officials today.

Will the club risk losing him after so nearly doing so yesterday, they have not a second bite but a third bite of the cherry.

If this deal fails then I will be left gobsmacked.

Right then someone text me when an announcement is made.

I doubt it is but if this is true then you lot are very deep in the brown stuff! I hope you have enough money for compensation and a hefty fine from the FA!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 am

Hornet24 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I could easily have just sat back today and watched the story unfold but as I have always said I will pass on what I am hearing.

Very late last night, after the talks with Alan Shearer broke down, contact was made to Malky Mackay and his advisors to offer him the opportunity to talk again.

I am aware that Mackay was not exactly pleased with what happened over the course of yesterday he has agreed to meet the clubs officials today.

Will the club risk losing him after so nearly doing so yesterday, they have not a second bite but a third bite of the cherry.

I doubt it is but if this is true then you lot are very deep in the brown stuff! I hope you have enough money for compensation and a hefty fine from the FA!

they may as well be, but dont rule out your club giving permission and a deal being done sharpish........football clubs do lie, yours aswell as ours

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Would you expect the CEO not to be involved in the interview process? And to be fair they consulted others with more football knowledge of these matters.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 am

I think the Shearer thing has been blown out of proportion if I'm honest.

Was he offered the job when they talked with him last night (if they even did) there and then ?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:07 am

Cardiff have been refused permission to talk to Malky Mackay according to Sky Sports News...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:11 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Hornet24 wrote:

they may as well be, but dont rule out your club giving permission and a deal being done sharpish........football clubs do lie, yours aswell as ours

Or not....

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am

Malkay no go

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetai ... 88,00.html

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:25 pm

HaHaHaHaHaHa whoops and theres me texting you for the same reason :)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: SHEARER STATEMENT
by steve davies ยป Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:49 am

carlccfc wrote:
"I can confirm that I was one of the candidates that the club spoke to about the vacant manager's position at Cardiff City. During these talks I was most impressed with the vision, ambition and determination of the owner, Dato Chan Tien Ghee, and the board. Unfortunately those talks were unsuccessful on this occasion. Cardiff City is a great club and I wish them every success next season."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... rdiff-city

its interesting carl that dato did all the negotiating which proves that the two amigo's gethin and alan have totally failed in their efforts to secure a manager.
Not bad news in my opinion as we needed a manager here for the long run who needs to rebuild the club and squad from the bottom up and shearer with even a small amount of success would have been instanly linked with the newcastle job and promotion would have had the english press baying for him to be appointed england manager.
For me its back to Hughton or de matteo now as you and i know all sorts of rules have been broken in pursuit of other managers.
Frankly this leaves the club in a mess at the moment and hopefully a lesson should be learnt here and there should be a director of football appointed to oversee all football matters because to be brutally honest this has exposed gethins lack of experience or knowledge of all things football and he should be just allowed to run the clubs business side of players contracts and the commercial side .

steve davies

Spot on Steve and I know you got your a lot of your info Direct from Our Directors at CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:36 pm

If this nonsense drags on much longer then perhaps we should be looking for a new chief executive too!! Someone with a football background....

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:38 pm

This is getting more fun than the actual season. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:55 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
wfcthroughandthrough wrote:Face it Carl, you know nothing. Guesswork and oh so wrong

Guesswork it is NOT - Wfcthroughandthrough,it's called passing on information,and some WE keep to oursleves for legal reasons.

Carl has been pin pointed out on some threads as not knowing what is going on and so on...

Let me remind ALL THE DOUBTERS,Carl was on holiday last week and still took time out to post.

I started the Malky MaCKAY Threads,and have told people on here what to bet,when Carl was on hols,but i seemed to avoided stick off people,and its all gone in the way of Carl.

We can't win at times - people want to know things,and then when there is a U-Turn from the club - it's lets blame Carl.

Keep the info coming Carl,you have my surpport :ayatollah:

Well said, TopCat. Very magnaminous of you indeed.... :ayatollah:

Carl (for what little it's worth :lol: ) has my support too!!

Keep 'em coming Carl....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: